It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #14: Dark Money Madness in the 2014 Midterm Campaigns

page: 1

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This week we take a deep dive into the insane amounts of dark money being spent on the behalf of both parties in the 2014 midterm campaigns. 2014 will be a bellwether year with over $4 billion spent in total, and over $1 billion spent just on advertising alone... beating all records from previous years. Most of that money is going into political attack ads with a huge 64% of all ads focusing on anger as the primary emotional appeal.

Watch in HD on www.TheNLBS.com

Share this video. Tell your friends. Expose the Next Level BS!

Follow Next Level BS on Twitter @theNLBS

Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check us out on DailyMotion

Or, just go to the website: www.theNLBS.com

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A billion is a lot of money. I know I could use a couple hundred.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
IMO, the money spent is shiny objects for the people to watch, it has nothing to do with how the election turns out.

IMO, the GOP will not take the Senate, it will hinder the agenda to much.

IMO, it will come down to one or two states that are really close, then one will fall to the GOP making it five but the last state that would give them the Senate will be a " hanging chad " moment and will fall to the Dems...We as American people don't really have a vote anymore sense the voting machines went electronic . IMO !!

PS, to the people monitoring E-Mails, if I have guessed this close enough to scare you, please tell the suits not to shoot my dogs PLEASE!!! I will come quietly.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Billion$ $pent !!!

And they say this is not an important election.

edit on Oct-21-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

They win we lose, our republic or whats left of it is now sold to the highest bidder. We are not that shinning city on the hill once proclaimed. I live in one of those high volume markets, every single Youtube video I watch I have to sit threw a hack job of a commercial, usually you can't x it off!!

Your next video should be about viacom, it would be a great subject.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Anyone who chooses to vote democrat or republican is poisonous to our democracy.

But then again our system is easily manipulated. I gotta wonder if it was done that way on purpose?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

the only reason negative advertising works is because people don't take the time to research for themselves. i don't know anyone who takes the time to see a candidate's voting record, or see who is funding their campaign.

people don't take the time to read the measures they are voting on.

an un-educated people is easy to manipulate. i stop listening when discussion turns to emotional arguments.

give me facts

*sigh*

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Glad to see episode 13 is up. Viacom is pretty sleazy. I don't have cable TV, but I'm glad our local cable provider dropped Viacom. There are some people here who are feeling withdrawals from their propaganda disguised as alternative entertainment.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

an un-educated people is easy to manipulate. i stop listening when discussion turns to emotional arguments.

give me facts

*sigh*

I agree. However, my GF is educated and smart. It took me a long time to get her to put on the glasses. She would get very emotionally distraught when I mentioned the goings on of the elite. Some people have a hard time facing the truth. It 's simply something they can't handle. This is another tool for the ruling class.
edit on 21-10-2014 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oh YEAH!

Let's talk about 'dark money'.

Politicians are for sale.

The people are FOR SALE.

And the pittance politicians spend trying to buy us ?

IS nothing compared to the TRILLIONS we rob from one group and give to another group, and call it 'social security'.

And call it 'medicare'.

And call it 'medicaid'.

And in the latest installment.

The 'affordable' shaft act.

Alternative energy subsidies.

Big oil subsidies.

Big banks subsides in the form of 'food stamps' see the JP Morgan.

I hear people that want to 'get the money out of politics' all the time.

But they really don't see how far that rabbit hole goes.

Here in America everything is for sale.

Even peoples conscience's.

When talking about 'dark money' it encompasses a great many things.

For the record it cost over 2 billion dollars to buy the last two presidential elections.

That was basically summed up as 'Vote for me the other guy/girl sucks''!

The midterms can be summed up as the same.

Keep your money people.

Never give money to a politician.

We all have better things to spend what little cash we all have left on.
edit on 21-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
lockerdome.com... Help us out and jump in on this will ya?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Although US politics doesn't really effect me, I think this episode is relevant here in Australia also.

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavours to live at the expense of everybody else".

Republic or Commonwealth, the system is sharted (#farted). Poisoned with greed and money. And for what?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

the only reason negative advertising works is because people don't take the time to research for themselves. i don't know anyone who takes the time to see a candidate's voting record, or see who is funding their campaign.

people don't take the time to read the measures they are voting on.

give me facts

*sigh*

Amazing isn't it. People are led to vote for candidates based on ads telling them how bad the other guy is.

That's right America, choose the lesser evil, again.

Evil wins either way.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Being a citizen in NC and having to see these adds for Hagan and Tillis, I can only say that based on what I have heard on the adds, they both need to be shot, tried for treason, and then put in prison. The negative adds are at fever pitch and getting worse. It's disgusting. And as you say, the money could be used for SOOOOOOO many better things.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I have to say I agree 100% with this one, Joe. The Supreme Court's thumbs-up on giving people with money MORE First Amendment free speech rights than the rest of us, thus enabling this high-stakes gamesmanship with OUR LIVES and their beliefs is completely insane. Yes - both sides do it now and it is WRONG. You are spot-on with the criticism of what all this sweet sweet money could do for people in the Real World.

The argument that the Billion dollars is THEIR money (which they have kept in part due to awesome tax loopholes!) and THEY then deserve to spend in any way they see fit to, what, rule over us? Make the "special" deals to further enrich themselves so that a Billion spent in dark money = a good investment?? That seems to be the opinion of our beloved SCOTUS. I know I'm so angry that my arguments are probably not fully clear and I'm also so angry that I don't even care. It takes a lot to do that. I'm down to creating Memes...

Thanks for your reporting...

- AB
edit on 22-10-2014 by AboveBoard because: meme credit...

edit on 22-10-2014 by AboveBoard because: type-o

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't necessarily see this changing anytime soon, because of recent court rulings. If anything the trend is to loosen restrictions on private donations.

The one thing that gives me hope is actually the internet. Advertising online is absurdly cheap by comparison, which offers the prospect of leveling the playing field (in theory, at least).

Granted, you still have to work within the confines of the two-party system, but perhaps more non-traditional candidates will have the opportunity to become involved who aren't quite as beholden to established interests.

top topics

join