It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia partisans feud over voter registration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly
Refom the electoral process to have verifiable votes on a public ledger using bitcoins blockchain technology and it wont matter who uses a fake name.

All names will be run through birth and death indexs on a county level, and social security on a federal level. Each state would publish its unverified votes with an appeals process while at the same time databasing said names for future elections. additions to the list of disqualified names should grow smaller each election.

The public would be free to not only count but validate their own votes

Could the anonymity of the vote be maintained under the system you propose?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sauce for the Goose....

Georgia law (O.C.G.A § 21-2-417) requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person.

Georgia's Voter Identification Card

If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a FREE Voter Identification Card. An identification card can be issued at any county registrar's office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge

Georgia Voter Identification Requirements

When Georgia became one of the first states in the nation to demand a photo ID at the ballot box, both sides served up dire predictions. Opponents labeled it a Jim Crow-era tactic that would suppress the minority vote. Supporters insisted it was needed to combat fraud that imperiled the integrity of the elections process.

Turnout among black and Hispanic voters increased from 2006 to 2010, dramatically outpacing population growth for those groups over the same period.

Despite voter ID law, minority turnout up in Georgia

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So, so far the only reason why it shouldn't pass is to protect the corrupt system.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

So, so far the only reason why it shouldn't pass is to protect the corrupt system.

For those who think the system is corrupt, yes.

Voting would be part of the game.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Voting does nothing anyway. It's a show but still it's pointless having no ID requirement when you need to present it in many of life's situations.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

As to your opinion on rights:
I have no problems not owning a gun.
Don't care if others don't like it

Since owning a gun is a right, one should have to prove that they have that right to own a gun to begin with, by having a background check to prove that you are who you say you are

WTH?

What has guns got to do with the topic in the OP?

This is NOT a gun issue, nor are my words meant for guns

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

So gun rights aren't the same kind of rights as voting rights? You really didn't pick up on my comparison between the rights specifically laid out in the constitution?

I would have preferred a response to the first half of my reply. Again, how would voter ID have stopped what the Secretary of State did? More importantly, if you're so thoughtful of the topic in the OP what does voter ID have to do with it at all?

The topic of the OP is voter registrations being arbitrarily removed for, seemingly, no reason. A clear violation of these people's right to vote.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

As you stated, the topic of the OP is voter registration

At least my remark regarding Voter ID was a little more on mark with topic at hand than your gun remark
And how is that violating people's right to vote?

Why is having to prove who someone is such a problem?

I guess not being able to vote multiple times for family members would be a problem with Voter ID...
P oll Worker Who Said She Voted Multiple Times For Obama For Family Members Released Early From Prison

It would also cut down on fictitious names being used
Maybe even eliminate some of the dead voters!!

Times are changing, and the voting methods as well, going towards more electronic
So I imagine soon everywhere ID will be required
And no, it will not stop minorities from voting, despite what the fear-mongers say

Not sure why you are harping on about guns and what your issue there is, but yes, ID should and is required
That much should be expected along with background checks
And the point is??

Since owning a gun is a right, one should have to prove that they have that right to own a gun to begin with, by having a background check to prove that you are who you say you are

No....the background check for guns is not to prove who you are but to make sure you have no criminal history nor any medical issues

edit on 21-10-2014 by snarky412 because: forgot to answer question...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join