It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Profits are Down !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
McDonald's profits fell more than 30% last quarter.

Seems they're doing so good lately.

I wonder if they are trying to quell the minimum wage increase agenda?

But then again, if true, the losses would indicate bigger problems.

Could be a Global belch.

McDonald's Corp's - which has not given investors many reasons to sing the fast-food chain's "I'm lovin' it" jingle - on Tuesday said quarterly profit dropped by nearly one-third and warned that global restaurant sales will fall again in October.

Stock in the company, which attracted fewer customers during the third quarter, was off 0.6 percent at $91.05 in early trading.

McDonald's net income slid 30 percent to $1.07 billion, or $1.09 per share, for the quarter ended Sept. 30.

Tough U.S. rivalries, China food scandal pound McDonald's

Oh Oh !!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Their PROFITS are down? So there was a net profit. Cripes, it's like the Oil industry. "We only made......" Believe me. I'm feeling their pain.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Maybe if they would quit serving smeat burgers, they would pick back up? Their fries have sucked for at least 6 months as well. I'm not sure why that is, the fries were the best thing they offered and they found a way to ruin even that.

They deserve a loss in profit for ruining the fries alone.

I miss the fries.

edit on 10/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh good all our talk is helping.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Haven't eaten McDonald's in over a decade. The last fast food place I went to was Popeye's. Despite them being just as dangerous, toxic as McDonald's food the fries were alright. But yeah I've gotten fed up with fast food. They ruin small restaurants, poison people, exploit their workers, help destroy the economy and are one more step to the "system-controlled mass marketing of food and efficiency".

As much as I feel bad for the workers who were on strike in Times Square and other places I wish they would realize the more they speak up, the more they demonstrate, the quicker corporations will replace them with robots. Currently robots need to eat, breathe and go to the bathroom. The new ones will just take an order, fry it up and roll back into the storeroom at the end of the day.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Their food sucks.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't even want to know what's in it. I just know it isn't real haha.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Its like they are crying foul because they only made $1,000,000,000(over 3 mos. no less) that much which is not very big number, in fact we are use to a more bigger number. LOL # you McDonalds

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How are their revenues? Profits are relative. Maybe they invested too much in expansion. Maybe they bought out some competitors or invested in another umbrella scheme like they are famous for. This is why I think corporations should have an income tax. GE had one of its highest revenue years ever recorded and it paid almost zero dollars in tax after deductions and government deals.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I don't know how I can go on!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The 'fast casual' market is taking off in today's world. Why spend 8-10 dollars at McDonald's for a combo when you can go to Chipotle or Panara spend maybe 2 dollars more and get a much better product, more food, etc. And not feel somewhat guilty after your meal on what you just ate...

I managed a sandwich shop for a few years before I got out of the food industry and it boomed, and still is. We would make 5-6k maybe 4 days of the week. And it was a fairly small unknown place, thing was we could pump out a sandwich (that's not grilled) in less than a minute, a salad in less than 2. Made from scratch, ingredients all made within' the last 2 days or so. Fresh as you can get for a 'fast food' type deal.
Fast food is dying, it takes a lot of PR and research to make it work, placement is everything, where as a fast casual place like a Burrito place or a Deli people LOOK for places like that and will go out of their way to go there, taking that few extra minutes.

Honestly, McD's made a very smart move by switching to a 'cafe' style, coffee has most likely saved them millions over the years.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I suppose when people begin to finally realise that their food is overpriced and nasty and that a McDonalds is just a venue for feral people to get into fights - they eventually stop spending there.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I love how everyone hates on McDonalds...If I ATS was a representative of the wider population, I'd think no one eats McDonalds!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The haters are a small percentage compared to those who actually enjoy McDonald's. It's like protesting, 0.00001 percent show up, the rest just sit back and think nothing of it

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I love how everyone hates on McDonalds...If I ATS was a representative of the wider population, I'd think no one eats McDonalds!

ME? About once a month. I'm diabetic though and need food FAST sometimes. Other than that......

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I eat Big Macs.

I'm not to proud to admit.

But if this is indicative of major corporations, who are we going to attack when we want their filthy greed-money?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I think you're wrong and there's a difference between being educated and concerned, and a hater.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

And I enjoy the occasional "chicken" nugget...*cringe*

The McDonalds near me is independently owned, and they really do try to have good service. They usually never screw up orders...unlike the Taco Bell across the street. With Taco Bell, I just throw money at them and they give me whatever they feel like giving me.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We only made a billion dollars in profit last quater. Image having such a problems as a company. McDonalds has its ups and downs over the years but, they always adjust. And when a bad quarter is still a billion in profit I guess its easy to drop some cash and fix whatever you need fixing.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
They should try bringing the McPizza back...

Anyone remember that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join