It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruelty To Be Classified As A Serious Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

A recent decision by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) means animal cruelty crimes will soon be included within the Uniform Crime Report (UCR) - National Incident Based Reporting System

When this change goes into effect in 2015, federal law will regard animal cruelty as a crime against society and a Group A offense, a category that includes crimes of a serious nature, including arson, burglary, kidnapping and homicide.

So, come 2015, animal cruelty is now going to be right up there with murder and kidnapping.

There will be four categories under the new animal classification: Simple/gross neglect; intentional abuse and torture; organized abuse; and animal sexual abuse.

Simple neglect? Like setting your dog free into the wild because he bit a family member? I have cats that hang out outside my house that I feed. So now, am I not allowed to stop feeding these strays? Or do I have to take them to the local shelter so that no one who wants them will cause them to be humanely "put down".

Equally important, these cases may serve as an early warning to alert the criminal justice system to individuals who pose a future danger to the community.

And then, you'll be put on some watch list? I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals. But, this is government overreach and piss poor execution of legislative power. Animals are food. We are supposed to kill them. That's the way I see it. Do they include bugs as animals? I mean they're drawing lines in the sand and then saying you're equal to a murderer for crossing them. America is going down the drain pipes with these liberal nut jobs running our country.

edit on 21-10-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

The dog and animal killing cops will be exempt; all in the line of duty .. etc etc

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I wonder about all the testing products on/in animals.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Do they include bugs as animals?

Bugs are animals, about time the mass murderers genocides that use this nerve gas face the Hague

We also need laws to protect the habitat of termites, humans should be removed from their homes to protect the termites.

That being said some people are really sick and have no limits in their cruelty, in my country someone cut the paws of a puma in a zoo to make some witchcraft ritual, they deserve the same treatment

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Anyone who has ever owned a family pet knows they are loved members of the family. Animals in our modern world are at our mercy, someone who knowingly abuses an animal is an animal themselves.

These are the types of Laws I don't mind, now, if we could remove the Government sanctioned fondling at Airports that would be great.

edit on 21-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Anyone that sexually abuses animals needs to be on a list at the very least. Personally i would remove them from our gene pool, painfully, after all its nice to be nice!

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

This doesn't sound like government overreach at all, and I'm struggling to comprehend your objections. Animal cruelty is terrible and I've been saying for many years it needs to have harsher penalties. Do you understand only twisted, psychopathic people are the ones putting firecrackers in animal anuses, or burning their paw pads, or throwing them out windows?

This is NOT and never will be acceptable behavior by the large of society..ever! These sorts of people grow up only to become spouse and child abusers, or worse.

This is a key behavioral tendency that needs to be identified early, punished early, and stopped early.

You know very well you won't be put on a watch list for neglecting to feed your neighbor's stray cat or killing some cockroaches. Get real.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I wonder if the FBI will start arresting Police when they blow away pet dogs.

Probably not!

P

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
My objection is, if a dog bites a family member and becomes violent, I want to know that I won't be put on a list up there with murderers if I kill him. Animals deserve respect for sure, but they aren't people and aren't our equals.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

It's about time.

It's been my experience that most people don't realize that animals have the same emotions and an ability to long term memory.

Considering most animals have a revolving ten to fifteen year memory, this seems more than reasonable to me. (Long lived animals).

I think it's sad how people like to think we are the pinnacle of evolution, when everything that is here with us has also made the same long walk.

The big and small of it is endless.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

How would you put the dog down?

Beating or starving it would be considered cruelty.

Take it to the Vet or if in a very rural setting far away from any veterinary facility, One round to the head.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Raping animals or forcing them to fight are bad things that I think people should receive harsh punishment for. But, simple neglect? What does that even mean and how extremely can that be interpreted by law enforcement? I understand leaving your dog in a hot car without water or leaving it chained to a tree without food till its skin and bones is terrible. But what if i want to release an animal into the wild?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

How would you put the dog down?

Beating or starving it would be considered cruelty.

Take it to the Vet or if in a very rural setting far away from any veterinary facility, One round to the head.

One round to the head.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Anyone who has ever owned a family pet knows they are loved members of the family. Animals in our modern world are at our mercy, someone who knowingly abuses an animal is an animal themselves.

that just is putting down animals....people are a much lower form of life than animals....animals are loving and loyal for the most part...i wish i could say the same about people

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Am I supposed to defend the human race with regards to Animal Cruelty?

Not going to happen.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I am all for animal abusers being watched and getting stiff penalties. It's about time.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It's only right we defend animals especially if they are cute!
look overall i have no problem with this, it just depends how it is applied, a joint will still land you in prison in most states, just watch people facing criminal charges for hitting their dog in an attempt to discipline.
i know it says animal cruelty, but i am sure some people reading this would say that hitting your dog for any reason IS animal cruelty.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

These are the types of Laws I don't mind, now, if we could remove the Government sanctioned fondling at Airports that would be great.

Second

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
But what if i want to release an animal into the wild?

If you do that then you are idiot.

Not only does that harm the animal (domestic animals released into the wild do very poorly and most look forward to a slow death) but in some cases they can do huge damage to the environment.

So yes I would happy be on a jury and find you guilty with uttermost pleasure.

If it bites a member of the family or is dangerous then a quick round to had will be much more humane or better yet call animal control.
edit on 21-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Animals are food. We are supposed to kill them.

I mean they're drawing lines in the sand and then saying you're equal to a murderer for crossing them. America is going down the drain pipes with these liberal nut jobs running our country.

1. Animals are not "food". They are conscious beings that we share the planet with. Yeah, we eat some of them. As omnivores who sometimes eat meat, we have the right to eat animals. But it should be done with respect, not a careless "they're just animals" attitude.

2. As I mention below, someone who intentionally tortures an animal to death is equal to a murderer... No, I take that back. Killing is killing, but intentional torture for the sake of enjoying seeing an innocent creature's suffering is far worse. Implying that that person is not in fact a dangerous criminal makes you the "liberal nut job".

This is great news and should have happened long ago. For everyone worrying about getting in trouble, there's a pretty big difference between intentionally abusing an animal and putting down sick old Rufus behind the barn. I would never abuse an animal, but I have had to put a pet out of its misery. Two entirely different things.
When I was little, one of my cats disappeared. 3 days later we found him; he managed to make his way home to die. I'm not going to describe the condition he was in, but someone had captured and tortured him. Whoever did what they did is either a dangerous criminal or mentally ill and needs to be locked away.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join