It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: American Troops Fighting Ebola in Africa Won’t Be Given Full Protective Gear!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The way you debate is clearly showing your level of intelligence...You attack the messenger not the message.....not very smart....

As for me....I am a trauma nurse with 17 years exp. I am now a Research scientist..I have done work in understanding infectious diseases and how to contain them.. I have had an intense interest in Level 4 Virus' since the Reston incident...

Happy? My point to this entire conversation is you cannot control the spread of a pathogen unless you enforce strict travel bans not allowing people in the infected countries to enter into another country...and You quarantine the sick!

You do not send one of the finest fighting forces in the U.S. Army with no protection to go build damn hospitals!!

It is a complete waste of money and use of our military...

For the last time.....I never called Africa a country I referred to as a continent!! But you seem to overlook that over and over. You are obviously under Obama's spell if you actually believe anything you wrote regarding him! You are also a very naive person but one who has the potential to contribute intellectually yet refuses to do so.

Pax

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So you think that sending a few troops to Africa to build a hospital is going to somehow secure more resources of Africa? Maybe I'm dense, but it's not like Shock and Awe.

Maybe you can explain that to me.

Besides DeBeers already has the diamond market cornered.
Are people suggesting that in return for our help we will secure some kind of monopoly on gold mines or what?

Or maybe it will be Hollywood style like the Three Kings rogue military unit going into some hidden vault to capture some treasure from the last leader.

lol
nice try but I'm still betting on the depop theory, since it fits better with our dear leaders choice for Ebola Czar...a Democrat strategist political hack with ZERO medical background and public statements about the world's overpopulation problem. www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.intellihub.com...
Of course there is a remote possibility that more troops would go there on the inside chance our anti-colonialist Prez really wants to conquer Africa for the sake of the Intl Globalists
edit on 22-10-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

The way you debate is clearly showing your level of intelligence...You attack the messenger not the message.....not very smart....

Your the one screaming and ranting.

As for me....I am a trauma nurse with 17 years exp. I am now a Research scientist..I have done work in understanding infectious diseases and how to contain them.. I have had an intense interest in Level 4 Virus' since the Reston incident...

Ok good for you. Im a microbiologist so we both know how we dont want Ebola in our western country's.

My point to this entire conversation is you cannot control the spread of a pathogen unless you enforce strict travel bans not allowing people in the infected countries to enter into another country...and You quarantine the sick!

And I 100% agree.

If you brothered to read I am 100 % for travel bans.

BUT
There needs to be some coordinated effort at its source to stop it spilling over to other country.

You do not send one of the finest fighting forces in the U.S. Army with no protection to go build damn hospitals!!

If you were really into R&D and knew how pathogens work you would know they are not at risk unless they plan on handling infectious material;, getting near patients or getting close to the locals. IF pictures do surface of that I will agree with you! But working in tropical heat in hazmats to build field hospital when there are no infected individuals around is stupid and dangerous in itself.

It is a complete waste of money and use of our military...

NO other organization in the world can provide the skills necessary to build such good field hospitals and provide such logistics than the USA and UK militarys.

Who else would you suggest?

WHO is broke and the CDC seem to be run by bureaucratic lunatics.

And the private sector dont want to touch it.

You cant ignore it either as you risk it blowing up even worse and infecting other regions which again could come back and bite the USA .

! You are also a very naive person but one who has the potential to contribute intellectually yet refuses to do so.

So because I disagree with you Im naive and love Obama?

yeahhhhhhhh okkkkkkkkkkk

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ok good for you. Im a microbiologist so we both know how we dont want Ebola in our western country's.

Well we have seen how well the CDC has contained this thing.

NO other organization in the world can provide the skills necessary to build such good field hospitals and provide such logistics than the USA and UK militarys.

Well then wouldn't the Army Corps of Engineers be a good choice to send in?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Well then wouldn't the Army Corps of Engineers be a good choice to send in?

They likely have sent in units of Engineers. Well I hope they have.

The 101st is likely there for guard work so unauthorised people dont wander into the area and logistical support.

Im sure the 101st can do more than just kill things and blow things up.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yes Im sure the 101st airborne is mult-talented.
Still, are they building a permanent structure or putting up one of those temp decon things? We had an emergency preparedness meeting here a month or so ago, and a nurse from the local hospital was talking about one of those temp structures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join