It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon: American Troops Fighting Ebola in Africa Won’t Be Given Full Protective Gear!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I searched for 10 minutes to see if this topic had been posted, I came up with nothing! But if i missed it, my apologies!

If this is true, which it looks like it is, this is no different than Hitler loading trains to gas millions!!

According to military officials, our American troops that are being deployed to help with the Ebola crisis in Africa will not be receiving full protective gear as they travel to the Ebola-infected region of Africa.

Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing last week revealed the shocking news. According to Nashvillepublicradio.org,

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division leading the military response to Ebola in West Africa will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the deadly virus, so said Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing Wednesday.

“They don’t need the whole suit – as such – because they’re not going to be in contact with any of the people,” the commander of U.S. troops in Africa said.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne will primarily be building hospitals, ultimately leading what could be a contingent of 4,000 American service members. They’ll be housed either in tent cities at military airfields or in Liberian Ministry of Defense facilities, Rodriguez said.

Soldiers’ health will be monitored through surveys and taking their temperature on their way in and out of camps. If a service member does get sick, Rodriguez said they will be flown home immediately for treatment.

Next week, the 101st Airborne will hold a traditional pre-deployment ceremony, known as a “color casing”, before departing for Liberia, though a handful of soldiers are already on the ground.
tpnn.com

Okay, this is MIND BLOWING!! They cannot be serious!! Who here, trusts this administration?? I am gonna try and find another link as well.....

Your thoughts, ATS??

Thanks,
Pax
edit on 10/20/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Looks like this is the truth!! Here is the link from Nashville Public Radio!! Nashvillepublicradio.org< br />
Unbelievable!! Would love to hear from our men and women in Military and our VETS!!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you are in no way in the presence of infected people then absolutely nothing to fear.

These people are working on the logistics side of things building field hospitals etc... and normally the majority will have no contact with infected patients.

For those that DO have contact I am sure that they will either have full Hazmat or NBC protection.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 20/10/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Dont need a suit to Just Shoot people!!!
they are going to stop it!
to stop people geting out!

this will be a Cull of the people.
news will NOT get out about whats going one.
they will just say Ebola did it.

US are thire to take over Africa.
its all about Money and
stoping China taking over Africa.

!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

The problem I have with this, is infected people are breaking quarantine! They are not staying put they are wandering!
The virus can live on something that is contaminated by an infected person. Too many people infected and the virus's
continues to mutate!

why take that kind of risk? There are already soldiers there building infrastructures!! Why on of our top and best fighting brigades? The 101st?? Really? Seems these guys are needed to help fight ISIS, not fix Liberia!!

This is truly sick!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Please!! The US are there because the Ass Hat Obama cares more about Africa than he does America!! This is his Homeland he is trying to cure!! Very clear and more proof than ever what he thinks of our Military!!

Pax

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Please!! The US are there because the Ass Hat Obama cares more about Africa than he does America!! This is his Homeland he is trying to cure!! Very clear and more proof than ever what he thinks of our Military!!

Pax

If you think Obama and the masters he serves gives a damn about the people of Africa, your mistaken! This is about the natural resources of Africa.

The elite care nothing about the common man.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I wonder who these are planned for...

Now that the first reported case of Ebola on U.S. soil has been confirmed, it might be a good time to ask why the government recently ordered 160,000 hazmat suits

ultraculture.org...

Really piqued my curiosity...

Des

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

For those that maintain that Ebola was tailor-made to target the genetics of blacks, it should be interesting to see, if any, the race of the American troops that may come down with the disease while over there. (Personally, I'm on the fence with this one as I'm still on the fence about HIV.)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Really..are they going to "fight" Ebola like hand to hand or will they use guns. They are there to build hospitals for christ sakes.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

If they are not going to be in close contact with the infected then they dont need full hazmats. In fact working in full hazmats in the temperatures put there could but them at risk of heat stroke and exhaustion at very very little benefit.

Only those that will be in contact with patients will need full gear. Ebola is not spread by magic death rays.

They are only building facilities and providing logistical support not getting hands on, at least non medical staff anyway. For the army medics they should and likely will be given full gear.
edit on 20-10-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The problem I have with this, is infected people are breaking quarantine!

Yah but they are running back to there homes. From UK people I know out there they are not running onto UK or US facilities especially since such area will have ARMED GUARDS!

They are not staying put they are wandering!

And let them wander all they like as long as they are not wandering onto restricted areas.

The virus can live on something that is contaminated by an infected person. Too many people infected and the virus's
continues to mutate!

And they will have separate living quarters and eating facilities on the field base they are stationed on. Unless they go AWOL and go into a infected village they are safe.

There are already soldiers there building infrastructures!! Why on of our top and best fighting brigades? The 101st?? Really?

101st have many skills I believe and not just moron kill bots.

Seems these guys are needed to help fight ISIS, not fix Liberia!!

1) ISIS is contained to the ME
2) Ebola is not contained
3) Ebola has the potential to kill many AMERICANS.

Seems to be you should be fighting both.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

How dare the US government allow our troops to be unprotected, it's absolutely appalling.

If the service people aren't given full protective gear, don't send them!

Are there any Senators or Rep's that have children in the armed forces? If so they should be the first to head over to Africa, unprotected.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If this is true, which it looks like it is, this is no different than Hitler loading trains to gas millions!!

I know that you thrive on hyperbole and fear mongering, but this is just too far.

So sending trained troops to provide support and not be in contact with the infected is the same as rounding people up from ghettos and gassing them?

And it's because Obama wants to destroy the US and elevate Africa?

Why am i even responding to this rubbish?

ETA: i assume the may also be treaties in place to ensure the US provides aid to Liberia, considering it's history.
edit on 20-10-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Please!! The US are there because the Ass Hat Obama cares more about Africa than he does America!!

Though not a fan of Obama I have to take exception at this. To care and PROTECT the USA any president would and should take the ebola outbreak seriously and do its his or her best at containing the outbreak at its source. Waiting until it hits America is reckless. Sure you can stop all travel to west Africa (I move I agree with) but it still could go to other country's and you cant travel ban the world without Fcking you economy up like its 1929.

This is his Homeland he is trying to cure!!

This is pretty a pretty ignorant and stupid comment.

You do know Africa is not just one country right? Liberia is 7400km from Kenya (Obama supposed homeland). saying Obama has any connection to Liberia is like saying George W Bush homeland is Columbia.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am still at a loss to explain why we are sending in the military to Africa in the first place. With the cuts in the defense budget it makes little sense. These are soldiers not a construction crew. What other nations are committing military assets to fight ebola? Yes I realize that army combat engineers are able to go on to the scene and quickly erect buildings, roads and so on. But way to strong a military force is being misused.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
I am still at a loss to explain why we are sending in the military to Africa in the first place. With the cuts in the defense budget it makes little sense.

Make sense if you want to contain Ebola to west Africa and not have hundreds or thousands of cases in the USA.

Ebola is a threat to the security of the USA.

These are soldiers not a construction crew.

You just contradicted yourself as follows:

Yes I realize that army combat engineers are able to go on to the scene and quickly erect buildings, roads and so on.

Thats exactly why. They need quick logistical and building support and the only ones that can do that in such short time are the armed forces!

But way to strong a military force is being misused.

Misused? So you are fine with ebola in the USA then?

There are more threats to the USA than just mad Muslims with AK 47's and IED's you know?

What other nations are committing military assets to fight ebola?

The UK is sending 1000 men. sure that's a third of the USA but seeing as our arm is 1/10 the size that's a pretty big contribution.

But yes France and Germany need to get off there lazy arses and help too.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
If you are in no way in the presence of infected people then absolutely nothing to fear.

These people are working on the logistics side of things building field hospitals etc... and normally the majority will have no contact with infected patients.

For those that DO have contact I am sure that they will either have full Hazmat or NBC protection.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
Well there is truth in your post but you must take into account that people are not the only place the virus can live. If i am wrong then why are they killing dogs and such?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Ahh but what is being sent is a lot more than the engineers, are you saying that we need the rest there to protect them? And lets face it is Africa a American or European problem? What about Russia, China, India and South American countries? Everyone loves to whine about American interventionism but that is what is happening in Africa. America is not the clean up crew for world problems. We committed troops on foreign soil and reserves are being authorized as well? Like I said before and you dodged we cut our defense budget and now are having to call up reserves to deal with what is not justa American problem. Awesome for the help from the UK but the rest of the world is endangered not just the US and Europe. All we get is complaints and criticism from the rest. Hell the UN is doing squat in getting these hospitals and such built, there is a waste of US money on who should be taking the lead.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
While I "get" that there will be engineers from Ft. Hood to be building the medical facilities, the 101st Airborne isn't an engineering division. It is airborne assault!!!! That means that they are trained to kill people and break things from the air----not build hospital facilities and hand out leaflets. Apparently this administration thinks 6 hours of lecture and demonstration can change fighting forces to medical outreach teams. This is beyond crazy on the surface.
The only possible way this can make sense is that the administration is planning to shut down the airports and institute a travel ban and they are sending the 101st as the enforcers of said ban.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join