It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars + Flags

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've recently noticed that when I try to give someone stars it doesn't work properly. It will show that I've given them a star, but once I leave that thread and come back my star is missing. Or if I type a comment on a thread I just starred the star disappears.

What is causing this ?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This has happened to me too.

Thought I was doing something wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Probably because the page has been locally cached by your browser, when you left the page your browser just kept a local copy which it saved before you starred it. Hit F5, or the refresh button and it should pop up.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

When you give a star, you have to really mean it. See, I gave you one and it stuck.
Have more conviction.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I've noticed a problem with this as well. If I click on a page I have to line feed once to enable the star, quote and reply icons.

Might it just be me? You could try it and see…

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I liked your comment and the star still didn't stay.
Though I do give my stars out as free as water.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Nope this isn't working either. Disappointing really, all the stars I've given out and none counted for anything

Atleast flags work.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here is a few stars and flags for you all, enjoy.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, I starred your last comment on this thread, and it worked for me!

Is there any chance what so ever, that you have been trying to star posts that you have already read, and already starred?

If you have, then that might explain why they have not taken in the normal fashion?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I stole all the stars

Muhahahahha!

STM

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If you pay attention to the number, your star will only count once. Trust me, there were comments I would have been delighted to constantly star.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It has the white outline of the star, when I click it the star goes green. But if I leave and comeback it's returned to the white outline of a star.

Thanks for the star anyhow

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53
a reply to: TrueBrit

It has the white outline of the star, when I click it the star goes green. But if I leave and comeback it's returned to the white outline of a star.

Thanks for the star anyhow

Try counting the stars after you star a post. Leave the thread, come back, disregard the white star outline, & count the stars again. If all's well, the count should be the same as it was after you starred the post, indicating that your star is still there. When you return to a thread, the forum script restores the star outline to stuff you've already starred; if you try to star the same post twice, that second star won't stay when you leave the thread.
edit on 10/20/2014 by BuzzCory because: further clarification

top topics

join