It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear-bola more contagious than ebola

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I pretty much rode the middle of the road on this.
I realize the seriousness and potential of the disease while staying informed of its capabilities and keeping an eye out for that silver lining.
Nigeria and Senegal are a peek at the silver lining.
I doubt anyone just buried there head in the sand and said nothing to see here I know you didn't say they did. True there were those who claimed it wasn't real or it was the opening bell for registration in FEMA Camp USA. LOL. . a reply to: DJW001

edit on AM0000003100000010104340312014-10-20T08:40:14-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u10104340312014-10-20T08:40:56-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You have not been following the well poisoning threads, then.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Check my early posts. I was shouted down routinely by people on the Ebola Will Kill Us All bandwagon. Let's see how many of those fear-mongers will step up and take their lumps. There are a lot of people --- clinicians even --- that had a lot to gain by stoking the fear. Shame on them. And shame on the pseudo-experts that were fostering panic.

Required Reading: The Boy Who Cried Wolf

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I can own it.

My opinion is seldom the popular one here on ATS.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Most of my opinion are not popular here either(mainly from my devil's advocate personality), i try to go against the majorities opinion in order to cover all grounds.... because bandwagoning people will never discover or find new ideas.

They just follow.

Do not conform!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Yes I have. I've just have been wearing rubber gloves and a hazmat suit while doing it. LOL.
I edited my reply to you to clarify .
Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And I'm sure they will be here shortly to say "Hey were not out of the woods yet" or "better safe than sorry" which I do agree with but irrational reactions like forced segregation in an airplane restroom or in a stateroom on a cruise ship is off the chart and unfair to the people who paid for a comfortable seat with tray table for playing solitare on or someone who paid for a cruise and only saw the ocean through a porthole. a reply to: jtma508

edit on AMu31u10104358312014-10-20T08:58:11-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I consider myself an educator but some think my title is shill or worse troll.
I won't be swayed though. There is a lot of good material about the disease and if repeated enough most will see that it's not a world ending or even population reducing event like the plague of the middle ages. I have thick skin. a reply to: luciddream

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Did you see the NLBS video here, titled "The Pandemic of Ebola Madness"?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

VERY good and right in line with your post.

People are going nutballs over this. So silly! I can't help but wonder why the media wants our fear to be at record highs... What are they NOT reporting on?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The media is feeding itself with advertising when all of the Nielsen rating people report that they are staying tuned 24/7. Their motive aside from reporting the news is advertising dollars obtained through viewership. You know how they always say follow the money? LOL. reply to: Benevolent Heretic

edit on AMu31u10104313312014-10-20T09:13:44-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I'm pretty sure it's going to aid in west Africa but superstitions and cultural practices are standing in the way. Much of it needs to be spent on educating the citizens of Liberia, Guenea, and Sierra Leon .as well as countries that boarder these regions who may be at risk.

reply to: Psynic

I don't know about Guinea, but with Liberia's oil and Sierra Leone's diamonds, they should be able to pay their own way.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The diamond mines are privately owned. Oil? I don't think they're a big provider but even so that's not going to pay doctors and other healthcare workers from other nations.
If those industries were interested in educating their people this could be quelled in short order. Unfortunatly they are only concerned with sales and the bottom line. So misguided. a reply to: Psynic

edit on AM0000003100000010104318312014-10-20T09:18:36-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Those in doubt, who run in circles, scream and shout do that anyway. The over response of fear on some peoples parts does not mean we should turn warm and fuzzy. Until this morning when many of the people potentially exposed in the US from One man are declared home free, there was every reason to err on the side of caution.

Putting potential hosts who have had contact on twenty one day watch in the US after what occurred in Dallas is erring on the side of caution, not Paranoia.

Keeping all that secret or just letting people go home to wait and see if any more cases could occur would make even more people "freak" than already have.

Future 'hot zone' arrivals from overseas will be handled with at least as much care as before, I hope.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
CBC has just announced that they are dedicating tomorrow, Tuesday, Oct., 21st ENTIRELY to the Ebola epidemic.

Followed by a story about the need for BRAINS to test the antidote on.

"We need BRAINS! BRAINS!"

Where have I heard this before?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here are the actual contagion rates - the number represents the average number of people infected from by one person with the disease. As you can see ebola is not all that contagious compared with other viruses.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I've read Chicken Little, too.

Ebola is not some childhood imagination.

You could try convincing the people in Africa its imaginary. Thats part of the problem there that is fostering the further spread of the virus.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
From an eschatological view, if Ebola is actually receding, it would be a phenomenon that is indeed against the current tide of degeneration of other developing trends. It would be tremendous news! If it's all just hype and US Ebola cases are actually going to zero, many people's reactions to Ebola would just be thought of as simple paranoia. Way over the top, as it were.

Because all the other news events in the world have been getting progressively worse. Should I make a short list?
o ecology
-Fukishima radiation leakage
-mass die-offs
-general pollution in the world
-manmade global warming (debatable)
-global warming not manmade
-increased volcanic activity all around the world
-bigger and stronger hurricanes/typhoons every year
o war
-mideast shenanigans
-Korea / China
-China / Japan
-Russian subs spying near Norway
-Russia / Ukraine
-Russia / Crimea
o Finances
-dollar losing value
-Euro taking a beating somewhat (could be wrong on this)
-outsourcing of American jobs
-H1-B visas replacing almost all domestic American IT jobs
-Almost all doctors in America are foreigners now.
o Health
-Entrovirus 68
-The Venezuelan virus - Ebola-like or worse. Rumored and possibly hushed up.
o Drugs
-more and more drugs flooding the US
o Illegal immigration
-open southern border

So you would hae to forgive me if I seem a little hesitant to throw a "we are Ebola-free" party just yet.
edit on 20/10/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How many people do YOU know personally that have Ebola or were in bodily fluid contact with someone who was?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

This is just a bunch of unrelated events compiled into a list to make the world seem like it is going to s#. But all that highlights is the fearmongering and attention that mass media likes to throw at bad news, because bad news gets them more viewers.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: jtma508

I've read Chicken Little, too.

Ebola is not some childhood imagination.

You could try convincing the people in Africa its imaginary. Thats part of the problem there that is fostering the further spread of the virus.

Chicken Little is completely false. The Boy Who Cried Wolf is very relevant, as wolves were a very real danger, as opposed to the fictitious "sky is falling" claims.

Eventually the Ebola fear will subside. Not that long ago it was Bird Flu, Swine Flu, SARS... How many people do you personally know that actually got infected with those diseases? I'm sure some of you know some people, but chances are, not many if you do. Ebola will be the same. It will by hyped by the media until we're all tired of hearing it and the next big thing comes along.

By the way, I just heard a new joke about Ebola. You probably won't get it though.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That don't matter.. "BREAKING NEWS: THE NEXT EBOLA VICTIM MIGHT BE YOU!"

doom/gloom!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join