It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear-bola more contagious than ebola

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What do an elementary school teacher, a school principal, and a high school soccer player have in common?
No it's not an academic connection. These three people hail from different regions of the country.

What they have in common is that all have been victims of Ebola.
No the disease is not spreading but the fear regarding the disease is apparently very contagious.
A CNN correspondent, Mel Robbins, has named it fear-bola.

The teacher went to a conference in Dallas 10 miles from the Dallas hospital where Duncan was treated and was told to take a 21 day leave, out of an abundance of caution.

The principal went to a friend's funeral in Africa, in a country with zero cases of Ebola was also asked to take some time off.

The soccer player, even sadder, he is from Nigeria and so had to endure taunts of Ebola, Ebola, while playing at a game.
www.cnn.com...

This is getting ridiculous but not in the way we've been saying.
More stories at the link.
edit on AMu31u10104342312014-10-20T06:42:57-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u10104343312014-10-20T06:43:39-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u10104353312014-10-20T06:53:01-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu31u10104306312014-10-20T07:06:43-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The lab worker on the cruise spent the whole cruise in her cabin.
A passenger who got sick on a plane was asked to spend the entire flight in the restroom.
Students from Nigeria are being denied entry into a US college NEXT YEAR because of Ebola.
Nigeria is as of today declared free of Ebola.
Apparently fear-bola is airborne. It enters the brain through the ears.
The CDC fielded 800 calls about the disease in the first week of October.
Our boards are heavy with threads about it and the general mood seems glum and troubled.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i don like to be that "told you so" kind of guy, because, we can all be wrong at some point, but i have been writing this from the start, that we need to be careful but stop the overreaction, and this whole "end of the world "BS attitude.
and you just watch, how soon enough, we will have a second deluge of posts about how people "created the fear"for a bunch of different reasons. by the same people that fed from that very fear up to not too long ago

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The term "Out of an abundance of caution" will be the new battle cry.
It's being used to isolate people who have zero chance of having the disease or spreading it.
The TSA worker who patted Ms. Vinson down when she got on the plane in Dallas has also been asked to take an extended leave. That person wore gloves and had about 15 seconds of contact with Vinson. reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I have no fear of Ebola.

It's the obvious deception of this fear campaign that scares me.

Huge amounts of money are being dedicated to fight this 'Phandemic'.

Where is it really going?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Twenty one days off? If I was still working that would seem like a dream scenario. It would have been great to catch up on the projects around the house.

Oh wait, I forgot that I am supposed to be fearing this. That is pretty hard to do when you get a vacation from work like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic
given you are allowed one star, here are a few more ****
where did this money go, since the threat was not really present at the advertised levels at least?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
S&F! I have been saying this for a while. The fearmongering is STRONG in this epidemic, and the public is buying it hook, line, and sinker. It's VERY apparent on these forums, and methinks you may upset a few a people here with this thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A lot of money is made off of fear mongering. I doubt if this practice will ever change.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ebola is nothing compared to the infection of Fearbola! Its spreads thru internet and media.

Its crazy!

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
My intent was to show the irrational response from well minded individuals that far exceeds to line of cautions behavior. reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The article said it spreads through the ears but I think the eyes are also a conduit for entry into the brain. a reply to: luciddream

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It certainly keeps the wheels turning around here. a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That's only a good thing if it's paid time off. Otherwise it's a chunk of change out of the household coffers.
Three weeks without a paycheck could be the cable bill going unpaid. For some it might even mean a forced weightloss plan. a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
My intent was to show the irrational response from well minded individuals that far exceeds to line of cautions behavior. reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh I get it. I really do. I'm just saying that it's not a popular opinion to have right now. Half a year later when everyone has moved on to the next thing to fear, they'll look back on it as nothing or see that they were duped. For now though, you gotta put up with the hate for being a critical thinker. As tradition.
edit on 20-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's going to aid in west Africa but superstitions and cultural practices are standing in the way. Much of it needs to be spent on educating the citizens of Liberia, Guenea, and Sierra Leon .as well as countries that boarder these regions who may be at risk.

reply to: Psynic

link   
Why is it that there seem to be two major reactions to the crisis in West Africa? The first is that it is the end of the world and it's headed our way, and the other is that it is all some sort of sinister hoax. The disease is real, people. People are dying. Fortunately, it requires direct contact to spread and seems to be petering out naturally. Don't panic, but don't let our officials slide back into complacence.

link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Ebola is nothing compared to the infection of Fearbola! Its spreads thru internet and media.

Its crazy!

I read that soon Ebola will be able to travel through the internet and infect you via PC or laptop.

Might be time to switch to Apple.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I can own it.
My opinion is seldom the popular one here on ATS.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Time I to install virus protection upgrades then. reply to: mikeone718

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join