It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy to Keep Us Behind Bars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Ah. Socially enforced Capitalism... Under this gun, we all have the right to pay-

The right to serve and the right to suffer.

The right to dominate and be dominated.

A true civilization has no place for such feudal tendencies.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: scattergun

ewww.

You support this system?

Yes I do, This is Capitalism bud, And besides if I didn't who knows? Charles Manson could be your Gardner, or teaching your kids History ... Go into a Prison and ask a few of them if their innocent. However These disgusting places shouldn't be used for what we are putting people in there for. we lost the war on drugs the day we started it if you ask me. I think more lobbyists and lawyers actually belong in prisons.

Oh I totally get it. You make money so it's ok.

Yup!, read my first post... I'll run this by you again, I invested in a Corporation that makes a large profit. They hold prisoners for your State and your Government. It is very legal.. I then take the Dividend check I receive and DONATE it to the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT. How much did you give this year? Yes I also get a Tax break for my DONATION... Thats due to the fact I studied Financing in School. I'm very comfortable about how this is working out.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
When comparing the numbers and percentages of people locked up across the world there looks to be some error. How can China have less people locked up (about a million) with a much larger population (about a billion) and yet have a higher percentage compared to America?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

No I get it as long as someone is profiting.

I mean why wouldn't we just end the funding of these prisons and send our tax dollars directly to these programs in the first place? Even the tax dollars that would result in the end of the drug war?

What would happen if no one wanted to buy the stock?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Well that's good to know.

He makes it seem like he's always in Mexico from the way he talks about it thanks for clarifying. I don't blame him from wanting to get away from the weather.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the question should be directed to constitutional law, that's where the battle will be won. It is very clear that cruel and unusual punishment is A very real clause. It does exist, We(supreme court?) are just not interpreting that right in our policies, or common law.

When the overwhelming popular belief that being locked in a cell, is in fact cruel, and very unusual in that it is not mans natural state, becomes precedent. Where does it say in the constitution that my rights are in fact conditional. Maybe we do have to have protections in place, but does that mean subjugating humans to unconstitutional acts, basically meaning they are less than human?

I have the right not to be tortured in my own country, yet that is exactly what has happened to me. If I punch a cop, because he punches me first, I am then subjected to something the likes of the spanish inquisition. He has a bruise, sure, but I will spend the next 31,557,600 seconds x 12 in a locked cell, seems fair.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yeah who cares who it affects and how right?

Bottom line is it makes money.

I see your pursuing a degree in professional trolling these days. Bitter old man are we?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No I get it as long as someone is profiting.

I mean why wouldn't we just end the funding of these prisons and send our tax dollars directly to these programs in the first place? Even the tax dollars that would result in the end of the drug war?

What would happen if no one wanted to buy the stock?

Well, you can't end the funding of these programs. Your Representatives have entered into a contract with these Corporations on the long term.. Why? They can't afford to run correctional facilities with the Tax dollars the get from their Tax base.. the more people they dump in the more it costs them and it's far cheaper to hand this over to a private contractor. They don't have any responsibility for more employees on the State payroll, insurance, retirement and injury lawsuits which ranges into millions every year. So in a sense your Tax es ARE going directly to these Corporations. And it's saving your State a damn bundle!

The Common Par value of the stock? GREAT! this is a guaranteed trac Capital stock buddy! Annual performance is at 14% each quarter. The stock will ALWAYS be in high demand if it draws profit..

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

The reason they can't afford is is because they are harshly pursuing unjust laws and over criminalizing everything. It's creating a massive overpopulation problem. It's a strain on the syste, period, from court caseloads which can't be properly handled, to creating criminal underworlds, i mean the list goes on.

You won't be able to justify it with me by showing me the performance indicators and value of the stock.
edit on 10/19/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Also I don't understand how they can make such a profit off of this system when the funding comes from the state yet the state can't afford to run the themselves.

What's the difference? Does the state have to provide a better quality of life?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

ewww.

You support this system?

Yes I do, This is Capitalism bud, And besides if I didn't who knows? Charles Manson could be your Gardner, or teaching your kids History ... Go into a Prison and ask a few of them if their innocent. However These disgusting places shouldn't be used for what we are putting people in there for. we lost the war on drugs the day we started it if you ask me. I think more lobbyists and lawyers actually belong in prisons.

Sure, what's wrong with making money legally?

I could almost guarantee that there are a few legal things that people make money off of that you do not agree with or find shameful. Are you ok with drugs being dished out to children in record numbers every year? Deforestation? Wars for profit? All totally legal so you must be ok with it.

It is wrong to make money off the needless suffering of others.

The justice system in this country is a huge injustice. It desperately needs to be corrected. The more money selfish people keep throwing around for these kind of projects is progress in the wrong direction. I could not and will never have anything to do with it. In fact I'm wanting to do the opposite, I'm just not certain of how to go about it. I'll figure it out eventually.
edit on 19-10-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

(post by onequestion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Yeah who cares who it affects and how right?

Bottom line is it makes money.

I see your pursuing a degree in professional trolling these days. Bitter old man are we?

I'm not bitter or old at all, you are the one who seems bitter about everything like toys, people making legal money, how old people are making the younger generation look like a bunch of babies.

If idiots want to break the law and go to jail then what's wrong with making money off of it?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy

originally posted by: thesaneone

ewww.

You support this system?

Sure, what's wrong with making money legally?

I could almost guarantee that there are a few legal things that people make money off of that you do not agree with or find shameful. Are you ok with drugs being dished out to children in record numbers every year? Deforestation? Wars for profit? All totally legal so you must be ok with it.

It is wrong to make money off the needless suffering of others.

I'm not going to sit here and cry about something I can not change nor will anyone else and if it makes me money so I can live the life I want to then so be it I can sleep with a smile on my face.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I don’t understand why the DEA wasn’t dismantled a long time ago. How many lives have to be ruined before we finally get a clue? The “War on Drugs” was lost long ago; actually it was lost before a single shot was fired. The whole idea was ill-conceived from the get-go. Prohibition of drugs (including alchohol) has never worked. It just puts a lot of people in prison who don’t belong there, and consequently destroys their lives. For no good reason a lot of decent folks end up stigmatized and facing limited prospects for the future over it.

The truth is, if someone wants to use drugs (no matter what kind), then they’re gonna use drugs. Period. End of discussion. The fear of getting busted doesn’t even figure into it. Making a drug illegal simply drives the cost of obtaining it sky high on the street; it doesn’t eliminate it. I’ll bet if they legalized EVERYTHING tomorrow it wouldn’t put a dent in the percentage of those who do drugs, as opposed to those who don’t. What it may do, however, is reduce drug-related crimes, lower prison populations, make it less costly for those who are going to do it anyway, and bring in a sizeable amount of tax revenue from legalized sales. It makes absolutely no sense that the most dangerous, addictive drug of all (alchohol) is legal, while the rest is not. From something I read awhile back (can’t find the link now - google it if you wish), deaths related to alcohol consumption (liver failure, strokes, driving) hover around 100,000/year, while approximately 16,000/year die from all other drugs combined.

In America we like to pat ourselves on the back for having the most advanced and progressive system of government in the world. We still cling to the illusion that we’re the most sophisticated, well-educated society on the planet, and that we enjoy a standard of living all other nations can only dream of with envy. In other words, we’re a very gullible people, easily manipulated and misguided by the questionable agenda shoved down our throats by our fearless “leaders”.

To think of all the money we waste, all the destruction we cause, and all the lives we ruin over our own mismanagement of affairs, lack of vision and inability to distinguish between what makes sense and what doesn’t is truly mind boggling. It’s a miracle we get anything done at all!

Then again, think of all the money being made by those who profit from our dumb laws and brain-dead decisions. Prisons/county jails are thriving, the DEA is hiring, drug dealers are getting fat, our fearless leaders are lining their pockets, and corporate America is smiling down at us all the way to the bank. Hmmm... Maybe doing all this dumb stuff isn’t so dumb after all...

PS: Just kidding with that last paragraph. Nod, nod..Wink, wink...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join