It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange noise at the beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
2 nights ago at the Nye Beach here in Newport OR, I was about to drift off to sleep, when I hear faint sounds of beeping, cell phone doesn't make that sound, no one else was at the parking lot with me; when I heard it, it started to my right in front of me loud enough it was definetly outside the car but close enough to hear it though the windows. (if that makes sense)

It was as if something was hovering / floating 4ft from my right front bumper like a couple of feet from it, making a faint but every noticiable beeping sound. After listening to it for 30s or so, maybe less, I popped my head up expecting to see something but there was nothing there...still propted up just to look out the front right side, I could still hear it...as it drifted from the right side, across the front of the car and then seem to fade out as if it was moving away from my car.

haven't heard it since...stayed last night there last night as well...nothing. Probably going to spend the night there as well...

not to many houses close by that would even begin to make that sound...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Get a van, it's better than sleeping in a car.

Maybe it has something to do with your theft protection junk on the car. Sometime the phone chargers make a faint beep too. I don't know why they do that, but I have heard one do that sometimes while waiting for the wife while she is in the store..

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

A van down by the river!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I have heard a beeping sound of mysterious origin several times at a house I used to live in. I never found the source and it seemed to move around. Don't know what to make of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
weird i have heard possibly the same thing in lincoln city oregon on many occasions,

used to live there, every so often while outside late at night for a smoke or star gazing etc, i would hear a loud beeping kinda like a sonar would sound but not exactly the same, it too would sound like it was right nearby and passing over me then off into the distance, it always made my heart rate rise rapidly as it sounded so near it felt like something was right there but i see nothing, the thought occurred to me of some kind of sonar from far above so i would look up too, searching for anything distant to associate it with, never saw anything.

after 2 years living there i heard it maybe 6 times, not often.

i remember id always consider posting about it here too, lol. never did cause i knew nothing could really come of it, nothing to associate it with no recording of it no way to really accurately describe what it sounded like especially its odd movement orientation to my position. just didnt have enough to go by to make me feel it warranted a thread. but i must say im relieved to see someone else posting about it, glad im not the only one thats heard it.
edit on 10/20/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

2 nights ago at the Nye Beach here in Newport OR, I was about to drift off to sleep

The mind can play tricks as we slip into sleep.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I have heard a beeping sound of mysterious origin several times at a house I used to live in. I never found the source and it seemed to move around. Don't know what to make of it.

Yeah me to, it turned out to be a smoke detector that bleeped every 6hrs to signal the batteries were ok.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

no...it was at the beach.....

doh ...must ..read thread...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

2 nights ago at the Nye Beach here in Newport OR, I was about to drift off to sleep

The mind can play tricks as we slip into sleep.

now ...i'm pretty sure I did state i was awake and popped my head up over the window ...and at that moment .. I was fully awake for more than a min...

if I did not.. then I was ..

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye
weird i have heard possibly the same thing in lincoln city oregon on many occasions,

used to live there, every so often while outside late at night for a smoke or star gazing etc, i would hear a loud beeping kinda like a sonar would sound but not exactly the same, it too would sound like it was right nearby and passing over me then off into the distance, it always made my heart rate rise rapidly as it sounded so near it felt like something was right there but i see nothing, the thought occurred to me of some kind of sonar from far above so i would look up too, searching for anything distant to associate it with, never saw anything.

after 2 years living there i heard it maybe 6 times, not often.

i remember id always consider posting about it here too, lol. never did cause i knew nothing could really come of it, nothing to associate it with no recording of it no way to really accurately describe what it sounded like especially its odd movement orientation to my position. just didnt have enough to go by to make me feel it warranted a thread. but i must say im relieved to see someone else posting about it, glad im not the only one thats heard it.

interesting...

yea....really strange in that it was loud enough to come through the windshield, which I was fully expecting to see something..as I thought that someone have be ...for whatever reason, be flying a kite or a home-made drone at 1am(?) in the morning .. (?)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Yeah me to, it turned out to be a smoke detector that bleeped every 6hrs to signal the batteries were ok.

yes...

I would agree since smoke detectors are very loud...so loud in fact that you can hear them up to nearly a 1/4 mile away if there is no other sound at night and in a gargage which increases the sound.

this was not and faded off .. detectors will not fade out .. but shut off immediately

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I wasn't suggesting what you heard was a smoke detector bleep i was just replying to another post.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I wasn't suggesting what you heard was a smoke detector bleep i was just replying to another post.

well i know what i heard wasnt the battery indicator of s moke detector, im very familiar with that sounds. and btw they make that sound when the battery is low not when its ok
replace the battery mang!

i know it so well when im on the phone with someone if i hear that beep in the backround just once i know right away they need a new battery in their detector, commented on it as well receiving confirmation of my identification.

nah what i heard sounded like two beeps or maybe one beep that bounced back and echoed each time, moving through my position as if broadcasted directly at the ground from above and passing my location, i heard it as it approached passed and moved away, each time. half the time i lived in that city was in a quiet private community, the other half the time i lived there was in a cabin a mile in the woods, i heard it in both locations, always late at night like 2 or 3 am, always when i was outside star gazing (i do that often).

i dont expect to ever hear a satisfying conclusion for its origin.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi Komodo. Strange. Not sure.

I think that would be scary. I think the closest thing I can relate to is a few years ago when I heard a low rumbling. It was during that time when people were talking about rumbling being heard. It was just like the rumbling on that video from florida. Well it happened during a basketball game on TV. Scared me because I'd never heard it before in my life. It came from everywhere and nowhere. It lasted for several minutes. I guess the official explanation is it's a kind of thunder "echo" which carries and lasts for prolonged periods of time.
edit on 9-11-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
Hi Komodo. Strange. Not sure.

I think that would be scary. I think the closest thing I can relate to is a few years ago when I heard a low rumbling. It was during that time when people were talking about rumbling being heard. It was just like the rumbling on that video from florida. Well it happened during a basketball game on TV. Scared me because I'd never heard it before in my life. It came from everywhere and nowhere. It lasted for several minutes. I guess the official explanation is it's a kind of thunder "echo" which carries and lasts for prolonged periods of time.

Thunder that echo's ..

never heard of it and I've heard quite a lot of thunder in my life over the years...living in the foothills of the cascades you hear a lot of it before it passes over the mountains ..

Haven't heard the rumbling but last night I swear I thought we might have have a very small tremor of an earthquake is best as I can describe it ...was on the phone and i could feel the vibrations through the floor up into my feet, so small but definitely felt something vibrating ..the floor is solid enough being in a commercial building and the main street is a block away and the street past the front of the building is smooth as well as the main street...

top topics

join