It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military preps team for Ebola response in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

(CNN) -- The U.S. military is forming a 30-person "quick strike team" equipped to provide direct treatment to Ebola patients inside the United States, a Defense Department official told CNN's Barbara Starr on Sunday.

A Pentagon spokesman later confirmed portions of the official's information.

The team will be under orders to deploy within 72 hours at any time over the next month, the official said.

The Department of Health and Human Services requested the military team, and the Pentagon has given verbal approval, the official said.

Military preps team for Ebola response in US

Military medical professionals ready to deploy to wherever ebola breaks out within 72 hours of getting orders. Consisting of 5 doctors, 20 nurses, and 5 compliance trainers.

Quick strike, rapid response. Out of Ft Sam Houston. They have the equipment and training on how to use it so healthcare workers don't get infected.

I personally think this might be a good thing, as the military is positioned for fast response and logistics, and have said so in other discussions here. But I know many here might freak out.

The team will remain in "prepare-to-deploy" status for 30 days, he said. It will be able to respond anywhere in the U.S. if "deemed prudent by our public health professionals," he said.

The report in the accompanying video says this is not martial law...just in response to support civilian personnel.

If this has already been posted, please can it. Thanks.
edit on 10/19/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Here you go.
other thread

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks. I searched on those exacts words too.

Well one's in news and the other in pandemics. Whatever the case, this is quite a development.

Close this one at will

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The fact is the medical teams at Fort Sam Huston are uniquely prepared and equipped to deal with highly contagious diseases. Even weaponized diseases. This is what they train for at Sam Huston. All the combat medics get trained there, all the army medical professionals, all the flight docs do time there.

It's no surprise to me that they would have ready to deploy teams available for the ebola scare.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Good that they have a team like this on standby? Yes

Scary that the official line from TPTB has been how hard it is to catch and spread yet they feel the need for this team to exist? Yes

Should this be viewed as being prepared finally or as damage control to appear prepared?

I'm still unsure of my exact thoughts about using military medical personnel instead of the CDC, despite how Barney Fifish the CDC has been thus far. Apparently the purpose of the Centers for Disease Control is NOT to control diseases, go figure.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I agree. I think it's a smart move, seeing as the CDC doesn't seem nearly as capable at either quick response or mobilizing as they always appear to be in the movies. With a disease of this nature, even 72 hours can be too long.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join