It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor says: "If you want to live, ignore the CDC"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This thread is not meant to panic anyone, it is just to get people thinking critically.

This blurb in the article made me laugh, though I realize it is unfortunately no laughing matter.

Michelle Malkin describes how the CDC has been diverted from its original role into one of political “transformation.” Rather than fight disease, the CDC now pushes for mandatory motorcycle helmet laws, and studies playground accidents, video games and violence, and “social norming” in schools! No wonder it can’t handle Ebola.

Article

This video also sums up what many of us seem to be thinking:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I also should add I am not an Obama hater, and I do not buy in to/believe in the false right/left dichotomy of our political systems -this thread is not intended to be some kind of partisan attack.

However, being Canadian, I would like to see some wise action in regards to Ebola, as what happens in the US will happen in Canada shortly thereafter, be it good or bad.

edit on 19-10-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I have to wonder and question since it is FOX news?
All mainstream media is controlled, we all know that.....

I agree with you 100%

I have just gotten to the point where I go " is this a joke"?
Because I feel there is always a hidden agenda.....and unfortunately there usually is.....

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of Fox News either, but if you ignore the implied partisan attacks, the rest of what she says and what is in the article makes sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Who's that doctor going to get to analyze his samples, though? A neighborhood garage lab, or the CDC?

People need to remember what the CDC primary function is supposed to be… analyze and advise. That seems more vauge as time goes on.

If you had a ton of gold you wanted sampled before you bought it, you would have an accredited assay lab determine that for you.

Accredited or certification is key. Otherwise you can't be sure and nobody else will believe you.

Yah, my neighbor said its real gold.

One indicator is how the two nurses were whisked out of Dallas to "safe" places. Notice how everyone breathed a sigh of relief? Dallas could no longer be trusted to handle the situation. Where they are now can be.

Thats accredibility.
edit on 19-10-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Sometimes mainstream media does let some good helpfull info leak through i dont think its ALL controlled 100% it would be impossible, stuff like this wouldn't get through if the government was controlling everything, not everything they put on it is false or to condition us. They cant suppress everything its just not possible.

Thanks for sharing this video! This lady seems she knows exactly what she is talking about and raises some good points! Hopefully people start asking the questions that she is, and start taking notice.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Sometimes mainstream media does let some good helpfull info leak through i dont think its ALL controlled 100% it would be impossible, stuff like this wouldn't get through if the government was controlling everything, not everything they put on it is false or to condition us. They cant suppress everything its just not possible.

Thanks for sharing this video! This lady seems she knows exactly what she is talking about and raises some good points! Hopefully people start asking the questions that she is, and start taking notice.

CBS,NBC,CNN, ABC, CEO's all have either a brother, sister, or spouse working in the White House. This strangles their ability to report anything that doesn't tow the white house line or might embarrass the White House. So they don't investigate or report.

This MD is not the first MD I have heard say not to believe the CDC and White House line, I have heard this on radio as well by various Epidemiologists.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Who's that doctor going to get to analyze his samples, though? A neighborhood garage lab, or the CDC?

People need to remember what the CDC primary function is supposed to be… analyze and advise. That seems more vauge as time goes on.

If you had a ton of gold you wanted sampled before you bought it, you would have an accredited assay lab determine that for you.

Accredited or certification is key. Otherwise you can't be sure and nobody else will believe you.

Yah, my neighbor said its real gold.

One indicator is how the two nurses were whisked out of Dallas to "safe" places. Notice how everyone breathed a sigh of relief? Dallas could no longer be trusted to handle the situation. Where they are now can be.

Thats accredibility.

There are four labs in the US that are certified to test for Ebola. Austin, Tx is one of them. You don't have to go directly to the CDC for verification.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Okay, thanks. They usually get confirmation from each other, too. Its part of the process. At least with this much at stake.

The flu you can get cultured in thousands of places.

ETA: You made me think… If the average person thinks somebody has Ebola, who are they to call? 911?
edit on 19-10-2014 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Outstanding video!

She did an outstanding job bringing that information home.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Liked the term in the article "Killer Bureaucracies". That sure fits the CDC!! Agree with the headline - If you want to live ignore the CDC! Would include ignoring any bureaucratic government group in general, including the traditional media. You have to listen to them, sift thru it and read between the lines to try to figure out what is actually happening. Nice to have ATS to help sift thru the BS!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

a reply to: texasgirl

Okay, thanks. They usually get confirmation from each other, too. Its part of the process. At least with this much at stake.

The flu you can get cultured in thousands of places.

ETA: You made me think… If the average person thinks somebody has Ebola, who are they to call? 911?

I think so. At least here in Dallas they are to stay where they are and call 911.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

Yes, I have a healthy distrust of MSN news and opinions, but of course not 100% is false. I'm more likely to believe this type of personal opinion editorial, if that is what you could call it, as opposed to the talking heads just reading off the teleprompter what somebody else wrote and checked.

Another good example was Judge Napolitano, he seemed to speak truths before he was canned, what a surprise.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CassandraX
Liked the term in the article "Killer Bureaucracies". That sure fits the CDC!! Agree with the headline - If you want to live ignore the CDC! Would include ignoring any bureaucratic government group in general, including the traditional media. You have to listen to them, sift thru it and read between the lines to try to figure out what is actually happening. Nice to have ATS to help sift thru the BS!

Speaking about sifting.......

The Ebola Cruise has docked. Yesterday a helicopter was sent to collect a blood sample from the lab worker who was on vacation with her husband. She tested negative for Ebola.

www.dailymail.co.uk... belize-mexico.html

WHATTTTTT??????? (sounding like Pastor Paul Begley now)

Ebola testing, if done properly, takes SEVERAL DAYS.

I think we will be sifting through some more stuff for a very long time.

If she tested negative, why did the lab worker go into "voluntary" quarantine with her husband? They may be near the end of that so-called "21-day incubation period," but as has been said before, it can at times last twice as long.

Why did she board the ship long before the 21-day period? How stupid is that? How inconsiderate and selfish?

She needs to have more testing done and sit at home for another three weeks imho.

edit on 19-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo and forgot link

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I wonder aloud...

What if ebola stricken lands were to be sprayed by little crop dusters spraying ''anti-microbial disinfectant bleach solution'' only toxic to nasty virus', and the like?

What are antimicrobials?

Antimicrobial products kill or slow the spread of microorganisms. Microorganisms include bacteria, viruses, protozoans, and fungi such as mold and mildew.1 You may find antimicrobial products in your home, workplace, or school.

Then, can it be trusted that that is the 'solution' they opt to spray?

nevermind...

I worked as a mold remediator for a time...'solution' would require everyone wear a respirator and goggles...

edit on (10/19/1414 by loveguy because: end hate-start love

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Brainstorming, I like it! I know it is a cliché, but it is also logical that when faced with a new/unknown situation, out of the box thinking is crucial.

As for your idea, well, aerial spraying wouldn't kill any virus in hosts, plus chlorine could be quite toxic to any healthy or sick individuals.

Here are some steps that can be taken, from a website that cannot be linked:

"Here is what you need to do and have so as to achieve the bare MINIMUM of preparedness:

1) Get filter masks rated as "N100" or "P100"

Filter masks that are rated by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) as either N100 or P100 absolutely WILL protect the user from 99.97% of airborne particles/droplets which are smaller than 3 microns. 3m Corporation manufactures the masks and expressly states they will protect the "wearer" from inhaling such particles. The difference between the "N": and the "P" has to do with whether or not the mask will be worn in an environment where OILS and their vapors are what is sought to be filtered. The "P" is especially suited for filtering in oily vapor environments.

The Ebola virus strands themselves are only .08 microns in diameter, a lot smaller than 3 microns, BUT the virus strands MUST be carried by something, usually water molecules and those are filterable by an N100 or P100 mask. So GETTING THOSE MASKS is very worthwhile.

Of course, self-contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and full body TYVEK suits with hoods and footsies is the only true 100% protection, but the average person is not going to be able to head out to a local store and buy an SCBA unit or have the means to recharge the 5,000 PSI air cylinder.

Having an N100 or P100 rated mask is top-of-the-line protection that regular folks can get for about $7 - $10 each and seeing as they would only be using these masks to go out in some pressing situation if there was an Ebola outbreak here, having such masks is a lot smarter than not having them.

Each individual mask is rated for up to 40 hours of use but the simple reality is that once you've used the mask outside ONE TIME, it has to be thrown away. So when you buy these masks, make sure you have as many as you think you'll need because you can't set them down at home and allow the virus they blocked to get loose in your home as the mask dries out, or pick them up and put them back on because that simple act can free-up virus on the outside of the mask and set it loose in your house.

2) Get eye protection to keep out water droplets/vapors

Waterproof eye protection is A MUST because cough/sneeze droplets containing Ebola can fly into our eyes and travel down tear ducts to infect a person. The N100 or P100 masks MUST be accompanied by swimming goggles or some other eye protection designed to keep out water.

Just walking down the street, riding a bus or train where an infected person coughs, sneezes or throws up (and thereby releases huge amounts of water vapor containing Ebola) is something you cannot get away from. If any of those vapor droplets gets carried by wind and hits you in the eyes, you won't even feel it -- but the virus will travel down your tear ducts and infect you! If you are outside during an Ebola outbreak, you MUST have eye protection.

3) Disposable Latex or Nitrile gloves.

A person who is infected with Ebola may not even know it for days, yet during that time, they ARE contagious.

If such persons cough, sneeze, pee, without washing their hands, then their hands absolutely WILL have Ebola virus on them. Everything that person touches could then become a vector to spread the virus.

Studies show the Ebola Virus CAN survive outside a host for several DAYS. It doesn't matter if the virus is on a dry surface or a moist surface. It doesn't matter if the virus is in warm/hot weather or temperatures around zero; IT SURVIVES!

When you are out in public, you have no way of knowing if the door handles of offices, stores or homes have been touched by an infected person. You have no idea if banisters, hand rails, cashier check-out counters or store shelves have been touched by an infected person.

The only way to protect yourself from TOUCHING the virus left behind by others is to wear latex gloves and it is absolutely VITAL that you NEVER -- absolutely N E V E R - touch your face or your food unless or until you take those gloves off, and wash your hands IMMEDIATELY and thoroughly;

4) Get "Chlorhexidine Gluconate" hand soap/sanitizer

This is what we use in the medical field and we use it because it works. This is what most Hospitals use when Doctors and Nurses "scrub" for surgery. They use it because it works.

A gallon of this stuff (2% solution) only costs about $15.

5) Store up a MINIMUM of 43 days of food in case your are Quarantined.

The Model Public Health Emergency Preparedness laws enacted by 44 out of the 50 states provide legal authority for state governments to QUARANTINE entire cities in the event of a public health emergency.

This doesn't mean just sick people; it specifically applies to those who ARE NOT SICK.

The idea is that keeping people in their homes will stop the spread of disease, and the law provides the legal basis for such an order.

Once a Quarantine Order is issued, that's it. No going out to the store for food. No calling the local Chinese Restaurant or pizza joint and ordering delivery. If you don't have enough food, and you go out to try to get some, you absolutely will be arrested and held in a FORCED QUARANTINE FACILITY. You won't see your family again until long after the emergency is over.

You MUST be prepared to feed yourself and your family for a MINIMUM OF 43 DAYS. The reason for this has to do with the INCUBATION PERIOD which is up to 21 days. If a Quarantine is ordered, authorities will have to wait until TWO 21-day periods go by with no new infections before they lift it!

IF YOU GO OUTSIDE DURING AN OUTBREAK YOUR CLOTHES CAN CARRY THE VIRUS!

It is a heck of a thing to deal with, but all of you must understand that if you go outside around the general public during an outbreak, YOUR CLOTHES AND SHOES can capture the cough/sneeze or vomit droplets from an infected person.

As such, during an outbreak, WITH YOUR MASK STILL ON have a plan to strip off your clothes the MOMENT you walk in your home and put them IMMEDIATELY into the washing machine and start it. Leave your shoes as close to the front door as you can -- DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE HOUSE WITH THEM!

Once clothing is in the washing machine, then and only then should you remove your mask and throw it away in SEALED (Zip-Lock-type) plastic bag immediately.

The very next thing you MUST do, is take a shower. Wash thoroughly.

Only after these steps have been taken should you dress in fresh clothing.

If you take all the mask/eyewear & gloves advice, but don't strip off your clothes and wash the moment you get home, you're inviting infection from your own clothing as the water vapor droplets evaporate and the virus strands potentially become airborne from your air conditioning/heat/ceiling fans."

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

What if ebola stricken lands were to be sprayed by little crop dusters spraying ''anti-microbial disinfectant bleach solution'' only toxic to nasty virus', and the like?

Ebola hides inside people so that wouldn't work. An infected person could walk right through that area and continue on to infect or reinfect others somewhere else.

Ebola has stayed alive in some host critter for eons. We don't even know what or where that is.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thanks.
Good post with sound advice.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Ebola hides inside people so that wouldn't work. An infected person could walk right through that area and continue on to infect or reinfect others somewhere else.

Ebola has stayed alive in some host critter for eons. We don't even know what or where that is.

Too bad drinking swimming pool water is 'bad'...how about in moderation?

Blah!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Why did she board the ship long before the 21-day period? How stupid is that? How inconsiderate and selfish?

She needs to have more testing done and sit at home for another three weeks imho.

She needs to be charged with 5000+ cases of reckless endangerment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join