It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website possibly plagiarizing ATS content

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I was searching Google for more info about a recent thread topic, and came across this website, www.occupyilluminati.com, that seems to be just ripping content from ATS and posting it as its' own. I saw several topics that were copy/paste jobs of the titles and opening posts from many of the recent threads here, but all with later time stamps than here, and with 'Anonymous' listed as the contributor, rather than the actual poster from here at ATS.

I'm on my mobile right now, so it's kind of hard to look more into it, but from what I've seen, I think it needs to be looked into by ATS staff. If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize. Wasn't quite sure where to put something like this....

~AtD

edit on 10/19/2014 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/19/2014 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Good find, i'll alert springer

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If they are providing links back to ATS for the articles, I'm not sure that they are doing anything wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They are just look at this.

occupyilluminati.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Not all of the articles I looked at had links back, and even still, they're crediting everything to 'Anonymous' rather than the actual contributor. That seems pretty sketch to me, but I could be wrong, and maybe they're not doing anything wrong. Either way, I thought it worth mentioning.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this seems to happen a few times a year. Staff relies on us to report it when we find it. Thanks OP.
ATS does its best to keep this from happening here. Too bad other sites don't have the same ethics.

ETA: At least the one I looked at had a link back to ATS. That's more than I can say for certain other sites whose members have taken material from our members, and made it their own.
edit on 10/19/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow they even are taking intro thread haha

"Long Time Lurker No More"

Hello ATS,
I’ve been a long time lurker of this site, finally decided to make an account. Being involved in the threads instead of just reading them is a much
better way to learn.
I am a family guy, married with one child and a boxer. The wife would like a couple more kids, I’m good with one. The world is overpopulated enough
but I’m sure the wife will end up winning in the end.
Favorite forums:
UFO
Paranormal
Crypto
Breaking News
Current Events
I could keep going on and on but will stop there!
Thanks for having me,
Sweep
www.abovetopsecret.com...

weird.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's a regular problem, because the good people of ATS are producing so much worthwhile content.
I think that particular site has been under the spotlight before.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A Bot scraping up what it can from the internet. Another entry in Google for the same phrase, same data.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
ATS owns and others are just wannabe shadows of the real deal.

edit on 19-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe they have a bot that steals content based on certain keywords. It sounds like our ATS Pimp Daddy needs to slap those ho's around and kick them off our corner.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

If they are providing links back to ATS for the articles, I'm not sure that they are doing anything wrong.

That's what I get from it. Seems like just an opening post and a link back to here.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: Argyll

Not all of the articles I looked at had links back, and even still, they're crediting everything to 'Anonymous' rather than the actual contributor.

Interesting.

Thanks for the headsup

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Just access the RSS feed for a link to new topics that have been added.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
they dint copy my

Moscow Boob Ads Cause 517 Car Accidents in 24 Hours

i feel outrage about that

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent
You should complain to their owners.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yeah weird... it's like ALL of their stuff is from ATS?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They took two of my topics, "America: The Cursed Burnt Offering of the Age To Come" and "The 12/21/2012 Red Herring". To be honest, I take it as a compliment, I dont write on ATS for copyright credit.
edit on 19-10-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yeah, it's gotta just be a bot scraping random threads. I'm kind of waiting to see this thread there.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It looks like an RSS feed site. They are putting up a 'feed' with ATS content and making money with advertising. Kind of lame but it might steer people to the actual site.

Always remember - your posts can be seen by the world...

peace,
AB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join