It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween enquiry: Do ghosts have gravity (lol)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

that was awesome

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Soul weight? Every time I see someone still parroting this nonsense I just shake my head in disappointment. Soul weight is pseudo-science garbage. There is no truth to MacDougall's experiments whatsoever. Just stop, for the love of God.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
I have read about the belief that emotional energy can be stored in inanimate objects, then under the right conditions the "picture" displayed at the height of the energy transfer can be triggered and replayed. Thanks for a more indepth explanation.

Energy doesn't have mass (as a rule) light doesn't have mass unless it is completely captured within mirrors, therefore I am tempted to believe that ghosts don't have mass, which means ghosts cant have gravity.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
They experience us as we experience them, some spirits don't/can't communicate with us, perhaps they need practice, maybe they don't realise they are occuping a new life, they may not want too.

There are many reasons a human may not be able to work as a medium, perhaps spirits experience the same frustrations when wanting to communicate with us?

Ghosts are no more lost when they appear, than we are when we catch a glimpse of them

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Do spirits and minds have mass? Feelings? Emotions? Heck do love have mass?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just ducking in for a minute, I'll have to get back to some of these great answers, a search for the truth that can be debated over pizza.

For a related question, although the answer is obvious (they use their super-interknowledgegalaticaplus reality-construction know-how to instinctively calculate their location coordinates in time and space by seeing all locations at once and being there), do angels have gravity and, if not, how do they locate themselves at a destination amongst the universe's many speeds, directions, and momentums? Angels, all beings of light, la la la, weightless, dancing on heads of pins in ultimate unfathomable numbers (thus proving via the power of popular saying that angels have no mass. Or visa versa) in order to show their public that they're programmed to come at the beck and call of anyone who's got a handle on thought - and fancy themselves very good navigators - but do these angels have gravity? Or are they existing in ultimate undivisible energy/particle/pre-quantum territory, where ghosts may have to dwell as well? I dunno, having never met any of these creatures.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Nice read, and that moving coin scene in Ghost makes me wish I could levitate monetary metal to impress women. Yet your post, proving by logic that ghosts have no mass nor gravity, is what I was getting at in my OP - if they have no gravity how do they keep up with all the directional speeds of the earth, solar system, etc. in the universe and travel along with it. If a ghost haunts, say, one room of a home, how does it stick around in that room while the space the room occupied a minute ago is now thousands of miles away?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Ghosts are bound by the rules and regulations of gravity. Gravity is not just just one aspect but manifold, and not only that but there is also a spirit of gravity. Everything that exists is bound by gravity, physically and aetherically even spiritually, even the course of life and even love is dictated by gravity and the laws of causality, and the fact that some things in likeness are bound to attract other things in likeness. Gravity not some bend in space time or curvature, its not even what makes things fall down.

Just think about it, and ask yourself this question. How come gravity can keep you all here on this spinning rock, pull the planets in orbit the suns in there places, and even the galaxies in there order? Yet you can pick up and apple and throw it up with ease. Sure it may come down. But that just shows you the selective nature of gravity.

Even the fact that the galaxies are getting farther and farther away is also gravity, and that to is mirrored in the human world as well, as everything is getting farther and farther away. Humans just have a primitive view of gravity that all.

As for ghosts. Well they are bound and caught in the net of there own gravitational orbits, some of life and some of death. They stick around dont they? In fact they should not be called ghosts, they should be called lingerers. Because its what they do, they linger along for far to long, like a stale out of date sandwich.

Though probably should not be dissing ghosts, next one is going to get mad or moody at me because I called them a stale out of date sandwich. My concern is however with the more fleshy ghosts, and the art of lingering, its just a bad habit that's what it is. That and ghosting people. It just may be pure evil, or at the very least, not good.

But if you want to get all so called technical, people always interject the 21 grams right? But like I said, gravity does not care about weight, or even mass, so why would it care about insubstantial? Just like reality does not care about unsubstantial. The fact of the matter is, everything is as it should be, and even those that linger gravitate or will be gravitated to there destinations, be they good or bad. That is merely just the opinion of the nail.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rival

Unless of course, the soul is a myth as well. Then all that remains is the body, and the manifestations of the physical energies of this universe. In which case ghosts would just be redundant cases of past such manifestations.

Or! This is all just a simulation, and souls would likley be the hardware to the software, or vice versa.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Ya I think they call it dark matter. You know, that thing that 99% of the universe is made of. Our whole universe is inhabited by ghosts it seems.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Its simple there not attracted to the time and place in space and time, there merely attracted and gravitated toward the remnant of the signature which was there point of origin or fascination or fluctuation or whatever has them tied down to that one particular remnant, of the time and place in space and time.

Hence bypassing the whole having to calculate the movement of the galaxies the rotation of the earth and the sun, and all the celestial bodies moving in concert all at different speeds and different locations in space and time. From the orbit of the moon to the shift of the earths crust, and the ebb and flow of the ocean. After all, if they were around some some tens of thousands of years ago, most of them would be at the bottom of the sea or coast haunting the fishes.

You see ghosts don't subscribe to the theory of relativity like the rest of us do. Hence they can just go places, as time and space have no meaning, only the thing that has meaning to them is of any meaning.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Since the earth, our suns solar system, our galaxy, and our mega-galaxy structure, etc. etc. (turtles, all the way down) are always twisting and moving in multiple ways and directions - it's an acrobatic balancing act just to stand upright even before Happy hour - how do ghosts stick along for the ride? They must have gravity! No? And if they have gravity, what is it that gravitates?

I've never seen a ghost, it's not one of my things, so my belief in them floats eerily in the neutral agnostic stage. But many people claim to have seen and interacted with them. So.....what makes them stick?

I think you meant are ghosts *affected* by gravity.

Unless you're talking about when they're communicating. If so, I think the more appropriate word may be "gravitas".

But what do I know being a mere mortal human being?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
As ghosts are composed of shadow matter, that is, E8-singlets states of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings, and as E8'-singlet states of E8xE8' superstrings (ordinary matter) interact only gravitationally with E8-singlet states, then ghosts are of course affected by gravity. They are invisible to optical vision because they are composed of E8-singlet states of superstrings, which cannot interact electromagnetically with E8'-singlet states of superstrings that make up human organs like the eye. However, they can become visible to some people when these people are able to "see" them with the shadow matter body that permeates their physical body (the one which is acted upon by acupuncturists, Reiki healers, etc). This body normally disintegrates at death very quickly. However, when there is "unfinished business," or the person dies so suddenly that he or she is for a while unaware that death has occurred, the person's consciousness is sometimes projected into his or her shadow matter body and gets stuck in it, unable to transition into the next higher vehicle of consciousness that is appropriate for post-mortem existence. When that happens, they become a ghost who is aware of their surroundings and who is desperate to seek help for their trapped condition. Their only interaction with the shadow matter world that is visible to them is through the force of gravity - at least normally. Some, however,can learn to exert a telekinetic force through their mind (which is a higher part of their being) and physically move things. Then they become a poltergeist.
edit on 16-1-2020 by micpsi because: typo corrected.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join