It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

internet trolling become crime in UK. 2years prison for offenders.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wait , so you think free speech
on youtube leads to racism.

I have to ask a very uncomfortable question,
have you ever lived in an area where most
people aren't from your same race?
Have you ever had a boss (or been employed
by a company) that has a completely different
demographic than where you live in?
Have you ever experienced acts of crime
from a group of people that are
from very different culture's, or races,
that aren't like your own?

I come from a third world country,
and it really pains me to explain,
that freedom of speech means
you get to say whatever you want,
short of starting a riot or promoting violence.

That's it. Those are the rules, don't say anyone
should be killed and don't say we should all get together
to kill anyone, those are your offences. Anything else
is just your offence taking priority over my sensibility.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Unfortunately it isn't satire , more knee jerk reactions from our knee jerk government.

I don't think this is knee jerk. It's been bubbling for some time and has public support.

If someone tangible, like my neighbour or a stalker, subjected me to abuse and bullying I would have all sorts of legal sanctions and protections to deal with it. If someone does it anonymously on-line, why should they get away with it. The internet has birthed a breed of the most revolting and objectionable people who hide behind anonymity, but ruin people's lives. This includes driving people to suicide - mainly vulnerable people and kids.

I am pleased these obnoxious people will face greater legal penalty when they cross the lines. It's got sod-all to do with free speech, so that's a red herring, BTW.

Regards

edit on 19/10/2014 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm amazed that anyone can support these laws let alone be in favour of the increase in investigation powers and prison sentences.

If you're getting abuse on the internet and you can't handle it, stop going onto that part of the internet.

Or you could quite simply just block and ignore the people sending you messages.

Going to the police about it is just another form of trolling.

It's usually d-lister celebrities getting annoyed because the public are calling them out on being dicks, the celebs then think "I'm not having this, I'll use whatever celebrity power i have to get your life proper #ed up. I'll show you who the boss is".

Chloe madley was on twitter defending her mother judy who made some comments about a rapist footballer who has just been released from prison. She was saying it wasn't a bad rape basically and the footballer should be allowed to go back to his old club if they want him, this upset quite a few people.

So to some people, femenist campaigners and the like, chloe madley has been saying rape is okay (not that i think she has or anything). People are then tweeting her with stuff like "i hope you get raped so you can see what it is like".

It's not as if people have just plucked her out of nowhere. She knew what would happen and really should have locked down her account if she going to make such controversial remarks and she didn't want the consequent abuse.

This # is just a ploy to quieten the people down.

DON'T fall for it.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The problem with people is that some want it.

The people who get trolled want to get trolled. But it is a certain type of troll here that brought up this sentencing. The type of troll behind this law is the one who wants to seek out justice against someone. They let it happen to them. They let their ears and eyes hear and read what is being said to them, about them, and their subject. As a troll you must be able to accept the consequences of your actions for getting a troll community onto you.

These are the people who have everything to hide and want to keep things private. But then they get lured in so easily by a troll that they become relentless. Usually these people want an answer, or want to share their point of view. And they want others to accept them. Absent judgement. But the problem with their ideals is that it conflicts with so many other people on the internet that they were not ready for. they don't like sarcasm, they don't like prejudice, they don't like feeling helpless, they don't want to appear weak. When they are. Trolls feed off of that insecurity in others and like seeing what they become because they make it so damn easy to prey on them.

ugh... let me redo this.

This law is for the people who simply can not handle trolls. They do not have defenses strong enough to keep their mind in check. They are usually seeking for an answer and cannot competently figure sarcasm over facts. Or they are protecting something they feel that they need to, when they should have an open mind instead of a closed one. Or they have never been singled out before, and they are suffering from a mental breakdown because of it.

The world would be a better place if everyone can understand everyone else a whole lot better.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Now we need this for the media

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
man our society just needs common sense.

If I notice anything wrong with this world, in a whole from the media, to the damn streets to the stores I buy things at, is common sense...

Common sense seems to be something that people just do not have anymore...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join