It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My faith in a nutshell - actually, it's in a poem :-)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Before reading the poem, you need to have just a basic 'overview' of my particular 'brand' of christianity. I will try to keep it as brief as possible, but it is quite complicated and there are 'nuances' to it that make translation from thought to word difficult - but I would be really happy to clarify and answer questions to anyone who wants to post in the thread.

Okay, I consider my self a 'nominal' christian, because while I do believe in Jesus, I am not certain whether I believe Him to be the literal son of God (I also don't think it matters - and oddly enough, the Pastor at the Methodist church I go to agrees with me!).

So, my 'take' on Jesus is somewhat different than most christians - and primarily in that, I do not believe that he was crucified/sacrificed in order to 'save us from our sins'. I believe (and, oddly enough studied with a former Catholic nun who totally agreed) that Jesus 'purpose' was to be a human 'example' of what God's love for mankind 'looks' like - that this love will endure anything, even torturous self sacrifice, for the sake of the beloved...

...He also exampled and taught - that people, who want a 'relationship' with God, can best show their love for him by loving each other...

Untitled

All of creation is a dance.
A dance of light, moving to the one Song.
The song is Love.

Every Spirit is at once a note of music
and a mote of light. Until,
Plucked from The All,
It is born to the flesh,
Becoming a human soul.

In this way, The Source, Who is called God,
Gave form to the light
And sang mankind into existence.

Now there was pain in being human.
For flesh, by necessity,
Must know it's limitations.
And by the same token,
Must be capable of feeling pain
In order to feel pleasure.

But the souls of mankind did not understand this
And began to revile pain
As the enemy of pleasure.
This was the beginning of Hate.

For as man named pain Evil,
Evil was brought to life.
And from that time,
Men have sought to purge their pain through hatred
By inflicting pain on others.

Then God, The Source, despaired in His Creation,
Knowing that these beloved Spirit-Souls
Had forgotten who they were
And must be reminded.

So, it came to pass that The Source of All
Became One, in and of the flesh
And walked among them, a saving Grace.
Teaching by example
That where Love embraces pain,
Neither hatred nor Evil can prevail.

-2002 C.A.E.K (aka lostgirl)

(Feel free to pass it along, but please give credit - I went thru a lot of 'growing' pain to get to the spiritual 'place' from which this poem could be written.)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

So, my 'take' on Jesus is somewhat different than most christians - and primarily in that, I do not believe that he was crucified/sacrificed in order to 'save us from our sins'. I believe (and, oddly enough studied with a former Catholic nun who totally agreed) that Jesus 'purpose' was to be a human 'example' of what God's love for mankind 'looks' like - that this love will endure anything, even torturous self sacrifice, for the sake of the beloved...

...He also exampled and taught - that people, who want a 'relationship' with God, can best show their love for him by loving each other...

Yes exactly. God did not sacrifice his son. Jesus was showing what love is, which is giving oneself even to the point of death at the hands of the mob for speaking love and truth. He made an open show of the principalities and powers, aka the machinations of religion and empire which are driven by the blood of the "other". --> Scapegoat

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Beautiful poem....very well written

I have always had questions about what has been "taught" concerning Jesus Christ and God. I have never not believed I have just always thought there was a lot more to the story and meaning then what was "allowed" to be told...hope that makes some sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

It has been quite some time since I have logged in to comment on a thread and I simply wanted to express my gratitude for you sharing your beautiful poem.

Our lives here in the physical realm are a blessing for many reasons, chief among them are the lessons of pain. With the understanding that without suffering there could be no compassion, my world view shifted from one of despair to one of joy. I found that there was a reason to the life that I had lived and that there was much to be learned for all of us, from experiencing the various levels of suffering that we all do, especially what we put ourselves through. Thank you again!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Beautiful.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostgirl

Yes, many Ats’ers believe in the same way, including myself…

I made a thread a while back, where along with a number of posts on the thread and including my OP, I outlined my own personal belief regarding Jesus sacrifice… If you’d like to take a look, you can find it here

And yes, it’s really all about entering into a relationship with God, through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Okay, I consider my self a 'nominal' christian, because while I do believe in Jesus, I am not certain whether I believe Him to be the literal son of God (I also don't think it matters - and oddly enough, the Pastor at the Methodist church I go to agrees with me!).

I don’t think it’s crucial either, in the sense that God isn’t holding it against people, if they’re unsure or don’t know etc… I personally think Jesus message is more important…than anything else…even though I believe Jesus to be The Son of God…

So, it came to pass that The Source of All
Became One, in and of the flesh
And walked among them, a saving Grace.
Teaching by example
That where Love embraces pain,
Neither hatred nor Evil can prevail.

In your poem above you mention that the Source of ALL, came down to speak to us, and walked among them/us etc…

This I believe to be true also, but the One, whom the ALL chose to speak through, (who also speaks for Himself (John 8:18)), is a good starting point, in trying to understand, who the Son of God is…IMO

Peace be with you…

- JC

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My faith in a nutshell,where there are humans there are buddhas and flies,lots and lots of flies

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum
Boy am I glad I don't live in your nutshell...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm left speechless and shedding a few tears. Thanks so much for the invite. I needed to remember some of that, especially why there is pain and hate.

Be well.

top topics

join