It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berated over baby: Judge denies woman delay during maternity leave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

They all usually cross check each other in firms
in the lawyers case it is a mentor

she is obviously public defender material

she knew this was going to be an issue before she went to court
Time to double check everything and options
this one is a joke

Keep in mind the payout erin brochavitch got
it did not make the movie

if you play the working mom card I raise you every sinle mother in america who pulls this off.. and do not bring there kid to work

by the way its called a babysitter.She can afford a secretary

So the simple fact is in this case she chose to bring the kid to work and not make other arrangements

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic

I thought about the judge. I feel no sympathy for a man with power having to do his actual job. I'm sure it's very difficult. That's why you get amazing money, prestige and power, and a great position on your resume. It's kind of like asking me to feel bad for a Wall Street guy because he doesn't see his family much from working too hard. That's his choice of career and he's compensated insanely well.

I thought about the immigrants too. They probably struggled to find anyone who could take the case for them. Much like how it's hard to find teachers for bad school districts or doctors for free clinics OE other positions, it's probably rare that lawyers take immigrant's cases on for very little pay. She was doing them a favor by working in the field at all. Must lawyers just become corporate mercenaries.

So again I fail to see how an obviously non wealthy working mom who is doing what she can to help others should be punished for inconveniencing a judge. If you can provide more information to sway me feel free but from what I've seen so far it's obviously a case of ego and power being used to belittle and screw over the weak.

My narrative rings most true in our modern era of ever strengthening corporatist police state. If the facts prove me wrong so be it. I've admitted mistakes and accepted alternative narratives before but I don't this is going to be one of them. I'm all for employing empathy. It's practically my guessing star. Empathy does not equate with sympathy though.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

It's a newborn not a toddler. You can't just get a babysitter. One month after you give birth you should still be spending your time feeding and bonding with your child. Also she's clearly not rich.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic

the court system is like a giant wheel just grinding around and around....there is no hurry or urgency,that urgency is relative to the mood of the judge that day...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

So your arguing the baby is to young too be around anyone but its mother..

lol

did you also read what the judge supposedly said....
read that first then proceed

Edit its in the huff link in op I believe
edit on Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:46:56 -050046p2014-10-19T14:46:56-05:0020141031Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:46:56 -05002014Sunday by ripcontrol because: edit.. no this is the original

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join