It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone changing travel plans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's been impossible not to watch the news and the airline stocks and not be concerned about travel. I have a meeting next week and decided to change my travel plans from New York to Connecticut. Clients and employees think I'm crazy...not that I care. Is anyone else changing travel plans I've read it in the headlines but haven't spoken to any other human actually choosing to change travel plans. Thoughts? I have a few more trip coming up and I'm getting the creeps thinking about travel options.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No don't do that. Think of the airline industry. Joking. You should be fine for about three more months. After that is anyone's guess. Don't travel if you feel sick though. Please

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Losonczy

My wife and I were planning to travel to San Antonio, Texas for the week of Thanksgiving. My sister and brother in law live out there and we haven't seen them in about two years. Since we are not going to travel to Texas I was thinking about inviting them out to California instead, but I don't think it will happen. My wife doesn't want them to come to our house, she is very paranoid about Ebola. Anything associated with Texas is a no go for her right now.

There's always next year I guess.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Haven't you people heard of Skype? Why would you spend all that money to spend hours in a tin can at 40,000 feet just to talk to people? Because you KNOW you're going to get sick, even if its a nasty cold.

Any business you have or family you want to visit, you can do on Skype every day for hours, for free.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have. Canceled a trip to Cali. With my lovely panic disorder, I feel like I can't breathe on planes on the best of days with the air being so stale and smelly. Now to have to worry about anything you touch both at the airport and on the plane? Not flying for a while and I'm good with that.

I agree about the Skype thing too, singalfire, and have mentioned that a LOT at work. So many people travel just because they like to, not because they HAVE to. Just not worth that risk right now.

The guy who sits in the cube next to me has decided to go to Nigeria in November. He is from there but has no family there but goes every year and is adamant about it (maybe he has to renew a visa or something? I don't know...). A lot of people at are VERY worried about this. He keeps saying he''ll "be careful...don't worry." Ugh.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Yes but not for the reason you think at the end of next year from Australia Im going to Europe but ill go via America on a round the world fare(continents) after Libya and Iraq God only knows what is in whose hands in the middle east so Im sure as hell not flying over it,

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
People like me who work in Africa have no choice. But even if I did have a choice the Ebola scare doesn't really concern me. I think there is too much Fear Mongering and Hype at play with this Ebola stuff. I don't think it is as bad as it is. I have work colleagues in Nigeria who have said the same as me and have also said that they blowing this Ebola crisis out of proportion.

CNN and BBC have been caught red handed with Fake Ebola victims shown in some of their videos. Why would they fake victims?

Propaganda!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I was considering flying over Thanksgiving to Houston, now I'll drive.

My quite elderly Mom flew to see her sister and I begged her to wear a mask and gloves and she didn't. I have begged her again to wear them on the way home, we'll see if she does nor not.

I caught a disease from a passenger across the isle from me on a plane (not Ebola) a few years ago. He was coughing deeply and had that very feverish look. Within a week I was quite ill, then hospitalized for a week and nearly died. So I am not fear mongering when I beg my mother to wear a mask and gloves.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I tried to get my client to accept Skype but there's a deal on the table and they said no. We Skype all the time. I do prefer in person...it's just the timing now is POO,

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat

CNN and BBC have been caught red handed with Fake Ebola victims shown in some of their videos. Why would they fake victims?

Propaganda!!

What if the photographers and 'newscasters' decided it wasn't safe to be around real Ebola victims, or weren't allowed inside the clinics and instead hired some locals to look sick and pathetic? That doesn't mean the outbreak isn't real, or isn't exactly what we're being told, just that the networks have lots of money to hand out to falsify or dramaticize the news...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am delaying booking April vacation plans to see how everything goes with Ebola over the next month. Don't want to be stuck on some island with my kids if Ebola is spreading. Hopefully it will all fade away but one just doesn't know for sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Great question.

I'm getting married in February and I'm really worried about everyone coming in from across the country to see me. No one is coming in from Texas, but who knows what the Ebola situation will look like in 4 months.

I always knew I would choose to get married right when &%$# hits the fan.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Losonczy

My family was planning to go to Mexico for the month of December, like we do every year. This year we changed the plans and will be staying home instead. I'm very sad about not seeing family this year, but it makes me feel better knowing my son won't be in a country that doesn't have the best health care, if the worst was to happen. I would much rather be safe and listen to my son whine about not seeing his cousins than take the small risk.

Who knows what the Ebola situation will be like in a couple of months, could be better could be worse. I would rather just not risk it.

new topics

top topics

join