It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C if the SHTF

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Good Evening Survivors!

Just wanted to give you my low down plan for not getting scurvy if the SHTF.

So a while back I was into making capsules of supplements for nootropics and exercise, however I've got no use for nootropics anymore, the idea behind them is sort of like the movie limitless, However I still have my mg scale, and a ton of capsules, so I just ordered some L- Acsorbic acid, aka vitamin C. I also have a stash of Vitamin B, and may order vitamin D for this project.

Essentially what I am saying is this entire set up was relatively cheap, and I plan to make a Vitamin B/C Capsules, perhaps Vitamin D as previously stated. I have 1 Gram Capacity capsules and would be willing to add something extra to this if I could see the necessity, also a large plus I see is, Vit C is a great thing and could really help keep the immune system strong in a time when getting sick could mean death.

I know this won't be a great long term solution, as by that time hopefully I would be in a position to grow vitamin C giving Plants / Fruits.

Thanks for Reading!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If I remember correctly....Nostradamus cured the plague with garlic and rose petals . ... There's a lot to be said about vitamins and immune system! ...think about adding garlic!
edit on 18-10-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: iclimbtowers
Dandelions,black berries
other people..

edit on 18-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Vitamin C if the shtf or if the s doesn't htf, Vitamin C if the sun shines or if the moon rises, Vitamin C if the cows come home or the cows decide to stay over for an extra night - Vitamin C everytime allthetime just because the human body needs it. Taken in good size doses it cures a major genetic illness that all humans have - we can't make it in our bodies while all other lifeforms do, except for primates and guinea pigs. An essential, a goodie, and oh so important...Vitamin C in the mornin', Vitamin C at night....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Dandelions,black berries
other people..

Lol...other people?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

check out pine needle tea... hopefully they are abundant in your region...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Pine needles are 4-5X higher in C than oranges. And violet flowers that grow in your yard, have 10X the C as oranges.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Rose hips, hot peppers are sources of vit C

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I agree and I am an avid fan and user of Vitamin C (About 6g a day throughout). Just wanted to add that Bats, Capabara and some species of birds are also on the list of animals that don't make Vitamin C, but it is still a short list. Love the Vitamin C. I'm also a big fan of Lysine, Vitamin D, B-12 and B-6

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Good to know...also Much higher than oranges are Red Peppers and Parsley. It's amazing some of the things that are fortified with Vit. C...Even Garlic is a good source of Vitamin C.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You should check out the thread around here somewhere for making molecular encapsulated vitamin c.

Stuff is better then IV and it works for other vitamins as well, all you need is the powdered form and an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner.
edit on 10/18/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

3 pints
white wine vinegar
handful
wormwood
handful
meadowsweet
handful
juniper berries
handful
wild marjoram
handful
sage
cloves
2 oz.
elecampane root
2 oz.
angelica
2 oz.
rosemary
2 oz.
horehound
3 g
camphor

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'd say you want to go liposomal with the C. The process allows the C to survive the trip through your gut to the bloodstream. I never looked to see if you can do it with other vitamns. Linus Pauling (deceased) claimed humans would need to ingest as much as 17 oranges a day to get the properly needed amount of C. Pauling also knew that 80% of vitamins we eat are urinated or defecated and that is where the lecithin in liposomal plays part in helping it survive the trip through our guts.
I don't know if it will always prevent illness as I came down with a nasty virus the other day despite being a daily consumer of liposomal C. However, I will say that my wife took approximately three dyas to get rid of hers where mine lasted less than 24 hours and I never threw anything up. She is now drinking C every day. It is said that liposomal C can equal IV equivalency without disrupting your bowels and making you loose as a goose from ingesting heavy amounts of the C. Just my two cents... Tons of vids on the interweb to coach one through making liposomal.
I use 3 tablespoons of non-gmo soy lecithin to 1 cup of very warm distilled water and blend until absolutely liquified. Recipe also says you can use sunflower lecithin. Add 1 tablespoon abscorbic acid (vtamin C powder) to 1/2 cup distilled water blended until absolutely liquified. Blend the two togther and place into a jewelry cleaning machine that oscillates and let vibrate for 9-15 minutes each time (you can only fit so much in the machine) until the batch is done and refrigerate (will last up to three weeks). I actually make a double batch every time and it lasts my family of three for many days when dosing heavily, but some folks only take a tablespoon or two per day. I drink a couple of ounces a day unless I'm feeling not right then I double that intake. Hope this helps...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

yes. they are abundant about anywhere in the world and are extremely high in Vitamin C. Boil the needles to make tea.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

yes. they are abundant about anywhere in the world and are extremely high in Vitamin C. Boil the needles to make tea.

Boilingchopped up needles for two minutes and letting them steep for about five minutes tastes a lot better than when you boil them for about twenty minutes like some sites say to do. I prefer a mild drink instead of a mouth full of white pine needles.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Dandelions,black berries
other people..
would that make it a cannibal vitamin pill if it contained black berry , dandilion and other people.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

Aren't they very acidic? And would that effect acid reflux?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Moringa is a great nutritional supplement to help keep the immune system strong.
Cost about 15 bucks for 250+ daily doses of powdered leaves.
Extremely cost effective and healthy.
Makes me more alert and keeps me energetic all day.
edit on 19-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints
Moringa is a great nutritional supplement to help keep the immune system strong.
Cost about 15 bucks for 250+ daily doses of powdered leaves.
Extremely cost effective and healthy.
Makes me more alert and keeps me energetic all day.

Thanks for the tip. I have just ordered some Organic Non-GMO Moringa from Ebay. Apparently it's really good for improving your vision as well as other things. That's good. At my age my vision is going! lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join