It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is a Sun and Shield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy not a metaphor
all i see is someone wanting very much to find fault instead of meaning. so much so you reduced the debate to finger pointing and name calling

stick with the op and not the side convo we had. do you have a question about the op? did you try to follow it or did manson jump into your mind and take over?
The topic is that god is a sun and a shield and i say that it is no metaphor. We all live inside the sun just as each planet is inside the sun and our likness is being projected out and put iinto motion that gives matter energy. ie gravity that has nothing to do with manson or satanism or whatever your mind drifted too. the verse i pointed to is just one example of the bible pointing to the fact that GOD is all and a bright light. numerous versus show this and how we are protected.
I used toe song as reference because the lyrics point to this being the case also. you can say i am not understanding them correctly but why don't you take a shot at clairifing what the hell the beatles were meaning by the song. So far my interputation is by far the best i have seen. although i have never read mansons version so he may take the cake. You know what though even manson himself has a chance at redemption because because even he has roots from GOD and i can not judge why he done those acts but i would have gladly watch him go to jail if i were on that jury. Please do check out my certain man thread because the topic is metaphors and not name calling or labeling.
until i am proven otherwise then GOD is the sun and is a shield that we live inside.
I would be careful going around telling people they are not Jesus. It is just as bad as going around telling people that Jesus is here or there and unless you know for sure you may be putting yourself in a bad spot.
edit on 19-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I didn't say Jesus, I said Messiah.

I did not call you names, I only compared your tactics to Manson, it was you who said I was Judas-like. Are we metaphorically speaking or am I a literal Judas? I would have had to be on your side in order for this to apply, you would have to be a Messiah for this to apply. As you are neither a Messiah nor God, nor are you Jesus, then I cannot be Judas.

You do realize that without proof of your messiahship then that puts you in a bad spot. Are you really in the sun? Well, we could then say you also are Shamash and that Shamash is your Sun and Shield, because that's the same thing said of Shamash.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
wtf you are spinning out of control with your answers. i take it you are not interested in the op but ratheer belittling the author. GOD is everything including the sun. Would you care to debate that ?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
wtf you are spinning out of control with your answers. i take it you are not interested in the op but ratheer belittling the author. GOD is everything including the sun. Would you care to debate that ?

What did Paul say? "Professing themselves to be wise, they made themselves fools, worshiping the created more than the Creator".

OK, you are in the Sun. Literally, you are in the Sun, therefore you are literally in God. Therefore you are literally God...therefore if you say we all are, then me and my words are God as well. So, as God, I say you are not in the Sun. I can do that as God also.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

close but not GOD but like GOD in his likeness. not greater than or eaqual to but like him. yes in the sun but projected out into a physical existance. yes it is true that anytime someone comes close to the truth they seem foolish to a world that is under dellusion.

Here is a tidbit for you. Why do you think them religions that worship the sun or the earth are wrong?
My answer is because it would be the same as worshiping any other single part of his creation and not recoginizing him in his wholeness. You then would be leaving out much of the body of christ.

on every post you extend your thinking into the realm of me being wrong or false and it is taking away from your true comprehension skills to determine that either way.
edit on 20-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

close but not GOD but like GOD in his likeness. not greater than or eaqual to but like him. yes in the sun but projected out into a physical existance. yes it is true that anytime someone comes close to the truth they seem foolish to a world that is under dellusion.

Here is a tidbit for you. Why do you think them religions that worship the sun or the earth are wrong?
My answer is because it would be the same as worshiping any other single part of his creation and not recoginizing him in his wholeness. You then would be leaving out much of the body of christ.

on every post you extend your thinking into the realm of me being wrong or false and it is taking away from your true comprehension skills to determine that either way.

Actually, from the onset you have said it is literal. Therefore, we have to respond to your posts in a literal way. When you say "Godlike" that is metaphor still. Either something is God or it is allegorically, metaphorically Godlike.

Do you really think God made you Godlike? Ye are gods, which is lowercase always, meaning spirits. Now, as the Bible clearly indicates over and over that God is a spirit, but that God made you, why would God make YOU to be literally like God?

Are you omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent? OK, you say the omnipresence is in you, but are either the others? Are you omniscient and omnipotent? When you say Godlikeness, then you should be able to demonstrate both of those as well. So far, you haven't demonstrated omniscient because you haven't been able to convince me by your lack of proper grammar, so that tells me you either didn't do well in school or you didn't care to do well in school. And if you can't demonstrate that you have done well in school, then I would have to conclude that you aren't intellectual because you have demonstrated a lack of literary knowledge.

I would assume that you would have known the Bible as an intellectual work of literature, that the advanced nature it contains is greater than any other religious work since man learned how to communicate via the written language, then you must have understood the many plot devices, the structure of the moral lessons told by form, the depths of the questions asked and the presentations of allegory and metaphor that is so unique that it confirms itself from book to book by the very letters and mathematical meter in which it was written. No other religious text can boast that claim.

But to just give you an idea, literary devices in the Bible and mathematics in the Bible

I daresay, one must be intellectual when approaching an understanding fully of the Bible. No other religious text has ever come close to this. But one could say perhaps the Mahabarahta, the Rig Vedas, the Baghavad Gita or the Upanishads might, but even the Hindus who read those also believe you must study them for years.

You have attempted to take a literal approach without considering any of the literary devices. As far as intellectualism goes, I see by your written communication that you didn't do so well at that throughout your life. Perhaps you should read some more books and expand your horizons a bit. The Bible is also very poetic, so in that light, here are some poems just for you...

There was a poster named DeadeyeDick
that said he was in the sun and perhaps the wick
by which God measured His creation
'Twas an all-around great sensation
when two people bought his gnostic schtick.

or

This is mere rebut
to the claim of godlikeness
that some can't prove true.

Did you like that? I can do poetry. But in all fairness, let me throw some Shakespeare at you...

"It was a tale told by old men, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing". Too much?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You make too many assumptions about me for you to be able to arrive at the truth in my words. I was sad to hear that only those with a collage degree will be able to understand the bible. You overshoot the truth. fact is we are created in his image and are GOD like and he is everything. He is a literal sun and shield and without him we would be in the dark taking hit after hit. You can twist it but you can't escape it.

You relly do take the cake by sayin only the educated can no the truth. When you see me you will not see me and that is sad of all.
edit on 21-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If one is too say that the bible is full of fables and is not literal and parabolic then you are saying that Jesus and the gang were making stuff up and that is too imply that he was not grounded in truth and that he had so little knowledge of world events that he had to create false stories to reach his followers that would not have any knowledge of the stories he was presenting and thereby he was taking a step backward in order to reach that place in the minds of those who were listening. It goes against the simple thought of relating one thing with another to gain perspective. In essence when you say he made shat up then you open the door to allow the thought that it is all made up just because you can not phathom the truth so you call the teacher a liar. soso sad

back in the day you would be standing on the corner spouting how in no way can the poor or uneducated understand anything concerning the true nature of events even if they were witness to the events. I bet you also believe that soloman became stupid and not that in the end he was saying things that were beyong comprehension of the ones hearing him. You would say listen at the one who babbles he must be a fool because i do not understand him and you would never have the thought that perhaps he was saying something unknown but true.
edit on 21-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If one is too say that the bible is full of fables and is not literal and parabolic then you are saying that Jesus and the gang were making stuff up and that is too imply that he was not grounded in truth and that he had so little knowledge of world events that he had to create false stories to reach his followers that would not have any knowledge of the stories he was presenting and thereby he was taking a step backward in order to reach that place in the minds of those who were listening. It goes against the simple thought of relating one thing with another to gain perspective. In essence when you say he made shat up then you open the door to allow the thought that it is all made up just because you can not phathom the truth so you call the teacher a liar. soso sad

back in the day you would be standing on the corner spouting how in no way can the poor or uneducated understand anything concerning the true nature of events even if they were witness to the events. I bet you also believe that soloman became stupid and not that in the end he was saying things that were beyong comprehension of the ones hearing him. You would say listen at the one who babbles he must be a fool because i do not understand him and you would never have the thought that perhaps he was saying something unknown but true.

Jesus wasn't uneducated about the Bible.

Let me share a little secret with you, I know a lot of people who are also as uneducated about the Bible and yet they've read it all their lives. One doesn't need an education to read it but one shouldn't also be stupid about it. You been led to the conclusion that we are in the sun, literally. And you used Yellow Submarine to make your point about it. How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Work and study to show thyself approved, rightly dividing the word of truth, a workman that needeth not be ashamed. By what criteria do you judge your understanding and have you rightly divided it? Sure you can say you have, but how do you know you have? Right now, I have a cousin who just married his own first cousin once removed after convincing her to leave her husband. This man spent the last 45 years preaching from the same Bible as I but yet he somehow missed "thou shalt not commit adultery" and chased women in every town he preached in. But he believes he rightly divided the word of truth.

The girl he married was only 22 years-old with two children, the first of when she was only 17 years-old. But she believes she knows the Bible as well, when she was sleeping with her cousin while she was married to her first husband. Believe me, I know how much you all say that you don't need to be educated to understand it...yes, you do.

I have seen it over and over and over again, people reading the Bible and never understanding the simple things but believing they do and leave behind them a wake of destruction and damage. They've hurt people so many times because they chose to ignore parts and then force other parts, by saying the same thing, they didn't need to be educated in the Bible, they just read it and let God interpret it. Well, who was interpreting it for them? Who interpreted it for you? But what criteria do you judge the voice you listen to?

There are many voices gone out into the world, but you have to know God and the way God has revealed Himself to us is through the Bible. Some voice told you that you are in the sun, how do you know that voice was telling you the truth without understanding the voice? Jesus said "My sheep know my voice, and none other will they follow". Have you spoken to Jesus and have you known His voice? It will never be contrary to "It is written". That's what Jesus said to Satan, and everything Jesus did, He said "so SCRIPTURE will be fulfilled". He told you to read the Bible, not for just the words but how to apply the words to your life situations.

But He also taught that if you read the Bible, you are obligated to it. Pilate asked Jesus "What is truth?" Well, that's the same question man has asked since man could speak. The ultimate pinnacle and apex of the crucifixion was that one question "What is truth?". I prefer Jesus to tell me what is true because Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no man comes to the father but by Him. Solomon was led away into sin because he couldn't control the one area of his life, and that was lust. Behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
what??

top topics

<< 1   >>

join