It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola crisis: 1000 people monitored in US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I thought there were 400 or so on the cruise ship? I wonder if they came into this calculation.

With crew and passengers the Carnival Magic carries more than 5000 people.

Cruise ships are like giant petri dishes.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: boncho

Its 3 confirmed cases. 3!
Are 1000 being monitored, possibly and rightfully so. It is still just 3 people in the country.
How about we wait to burn away our rights until the number of people with confirmed infections reaches say 5% of the American population?

This little more then the October surprise before the elections. Its politics playing the masses, and honestly, if Obama does put restrictions into place the GOP is just gonna flip the script again and start with the dictator narrative. Its the perfect set up for the Gop.to.sweep into power now and in 2016.

Or,
Ebola takes out a hell of a lot of people who are more worried about politics than survival.
Just sayin.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ebola crisis: 1000 people monitored in US

And all thanks to Obama, who is personally and directly responsible for this happening.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

How about we wait to burn away our rights until the number of people with confirmed infections reaches say 5% of the American population?

Sorry, what rights have you lost because of ebola preparedness??

And would you rather no reaction, no action done for ebola at all? You talk about losing rights because of ebola, not managing it/letting it get out of control is the quickest way for it to completely destroy your way of life. A real outbreak in America would see doors/roads/airways completely closed, like they've done in Africa, shutting down entire cities/countries, totally, to stop the spread.

The sooner it is dealt with the less impact it will have on people in general.
edit on 18-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Its not a question of what I have lost, as I clearly #ing said Let's wait to burn our rights til there are more then 3 people with confirmed infections in the US.

What can I say, I'm not scared enough to accept FEMA Camps, mass burials and armed soldiers on the streets busting down citizens doors.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

We are already taking many of the necessary steps to handle Ebola, and unlike the nations where this has or will hit the hardest, we have clean conditions and all those other things that have been pointed out countless times as a means of managing it effectively.

The moment you institute travel bans you have to open FEMA camps for the inevitable infected persons that find another way.

There is always another way and nothing is fool proof.

The moment you open FEMA camps for infected non citizens you have to at least acknowledge that even if all our efforts do not protect us, that's where we are going.

You know ATS. You know Americans.

The real possibility of even one citizen ending up in those camps starts mass panic in one of the few countries on Earth that has nearly as many guns as people. How many people go into hiding then? How many people die not from disease but simply stupidity amplified by media over coverage?

My fear isn't that Ebola is going to kill me, its the sheep getting whipped into a panic over a handful of domestic infections that will be the death of me.
edit on 18-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

But you are still thinking of only america ...it hasn't slowed down in Africa...with the exception of Nigeria...so we may face this 3 cases and 1000 monitored again in another month....and the month after that....because Africa isn't under control. This may not be a big deal...

I just want to share a quote that I am probably going to pay for but in times like these I must find awful dark humor....

Ebola- "At least someone will eat in Africa tonight"

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76
B0ody fluids...lol....10 billion viri Ebola to 10 million viri HIV....in same amount of blood...you do the math and tell they are the same virulence, just boggles my mind how people say this cannot be airborne it maybe when people said AIDS only effects gay people, just wishful thinking and govt crowd control. If it were not aerosolized in some manner then they would not be required to wear space suits, for the two days the nurses didn't were something approaching a space suit they both easily caught it. It's not AIDS despite Obama's protests about hugging and kissing nurses, he's kind of a fool, imagine if in 42 days he came down with it after he made a big push to tell everyone about that?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Wrong again good sir. Senegal is also Ebola free, and if you want us to close off all of Texas then count me in.

However, the most probable distribution patterns for this virus put it in Europe and India next. Ally nations, do we cut them off too.

What about China? Even just bans, even if they only have 3 cases like America?

Or do we just cut out the nations Americans don't like?

It would be easy for us. We have never given a # about Africa. We would likely cheer in quiet corners of our mind while this ravaged the middle eastern nations.

edit on 19-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I'm just going to leave this here.
www.sacbee.com...

I'm not sure if I can post the actual image here because it is copyrighted but people should take a look. I think it says a lot about our current mentality. Also I think All these ebola threads should be put into one thread its getting ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Its not a question of what I have lost, as I clearly #ing said Let's wait to burn our rights til there are more then 3 people with confirmed infections in the US.

What can I say, I'm not scared enough to accept FEMA Camps, mass burials and armed soldiers on the streets busting down citizens doors.

Im sorry but who has said anything about FEMA camps, or mass burials or armed soldiers on the streets? Nobody. Except you. Oh wow there's an information campaign on ebola, its in the media, and the CDC is monitoring people who could be at risk for the virus.

Jeez.

Burn the bridges and duct tape your windows we are all doomed to FEMA camps and armed soldiers at our doors, oh wait...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Are you ready to close the Texas borders for forty days?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Are you ready to close the Texas borders for forty days?

That has nothing to do with ebola, thats to do with illegal immigrants and smugglers.

www.truthandaction.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Wrong border.

I mean close off Texas, from US contact, for forty days?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Wrong border.

I mean close off Texas, from US contact, for forty days?

The only talk of that is regarding illegals, since when has it been mentioned for ebola?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Senegal and Liberia closed themselves off entirely. Senegal is ebola free, according to WHO.

Check it out! I guessed the future!

Armed soldiers on the streets. here

Where will they take the infected boncho? Disneyland?

Will we bury the dead, or just burn them?

Thanks American hysteria.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't know about the "1000" figure, but here is the latest information concerning monitoring in Ohio.

From the Ohio Dept. of Health, 3 people quarantined, a total of 159 Ohioans monitored; up from 142 yesterday.
I like the way Ohio breaks it down by monitoring tier level.
Today:

Yesterday:

(click images for larger version)
edit on 10/21/2014 by Olivine because: spelling

ETA: I wanted to note, there is "1 pending". I wonder if they means pending more info concerning contact with Amber Vinson, or pending a test result?

Today is day 10 for the people in her bridal party/at the bridal shop potentially exposed, and day 9 for fellow airline passengers on her flight home.
We are in the "most likely" period of people beginning to show symptoms, if they are sick. I sure hope we don't have any new cases.
edit on 10/21/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/21/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Thats a great chart- I wonder how many different states issue those same charts? Definitly a good place to go to check for updates. Im going to try to find one for my State.

I also dont believe that if there are new cases, we will be the first to know at this point. Not with the heavy control on information about this subject at the moment. Hopefully everyone on ATS continues to keep snooping, and staying on top of this.... May be the only way any real information actually gets out

top topics

<< 1   >>

join