It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radar anomalies--HAARP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
While on the internet, a friend pointed out an anomaly in a NOAA radar return. Out of boredom, I thoght I'd check for any sign that HAARP may have been active and could have possibly caused the anomaly. The following are the pictures of both the radar images (from NOAA - note that the original source I took the images from may have been changed by now) and waterfall chart (from HAARP)
I was wondering if it would be possible, if HAARP was truly active, for it to have caused these anomalies or if there was other activity going on that could have caused it.

Radar image before anomaly:

Anomaly:

After anomalitic image:

Waterfall chart from HAARP:

One last note: I am not in any way trying to say that HAARP is the cause of the storm on these images, just the anomaly.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Isn't Gakona a couple of hundred miles south, south east of Mullen?? Interesting radar scatter but those lines are not pointing in a direction to Gakona....

HAARP is interesting, I do however believe that the 1GW they can pump out is like a mouse fart compared to the energy released by more natural causes. Lightning bolts average about 1GW with some superbolts pumping out 150-250GW, the Aurora pumps in like 12GW per night on average, and the overall energy from the Sun is nothing to shake a stick at. For all the screams that HAARP can mess with the weather, I say yeah maybe, but go total up all the energy in the various ocean currents and resultant weather systems and maybe HAARP "can" have some effect but even the doc's they put out only talk of 10-20 mile impact's in the ionosphere.

I think they have a long way to go since they have to do all the science and try to compare their impact against a baseline, which in this case is the "normal" weather and the definition of normal weather is a bit iffy to back out since it's a dynamic system and changing all the time anyway....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here's another anomaly that appeared today. However, today, I couldn't find anything leading to possible HAARP activity. Still interesting nonetheless

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Another one that was observed today

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Pretty nifty stuff - I suspect some radar expert here on ATS could chime in on what would cause those returns. It almost looks like dropouts in the return signal.

My knowledge of radar is low but I do know that it is a field where scatter, reflection and interpretation are a big deal. We have them on boats and you often get bogus "hits" and there is a whole laundry list of settings you have to get right to get an accurate return signal and weather can cause major problems....

new topics

top topics

join