It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman on Ebola watch list falls ill at DART station

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

40 day quarantine as per the middle ages standard, all you have to do is look in the past. I also read the 'black death' may have actually been ebola, symptoms almost identical.

The plague returned in the 1360s, the 1370s, and thereafter, and European population declined irregularly as a result, reaching a low point in England sometime between 1440-1480.2210 People learned to minimize infection risk via quarantine, a practice which stemmed from Biblical passages prescribing the ostracism of lepers. Plague sufferers were treated as though they were temporary lepers, with a standard 40-day quarantine for people and incoming ships at all major ports.

www.nanomedicine.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
WFAA news

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Ugh...sixth person to throw up on a DART vejhicle/station today. Just SOP.

Purple shirt judge says move along, nothing to see here... it's normal for 6 people to throw up in one day on DART trains or at DART stations. That seems a bit much, but he's demonstrated such an outstanding understanding of Biosafety Level 4 protocols so far that it must be true.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
From what I'be read Lucidity, The Forty Day period actually started with The Venetians during The Black Death./Great Plague during The Middle Ages. They would keep incoming ships out of their harbor for forty days to make sure there was no illnesses coming into their City/State. This is where the word quarantine comes from. Just a point of interest as to The Forty Day Thingy.
Peace Arjunanda. a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I think it means this:
95% of Ebola incubation period is 1 - 21 days
and
3% of Ebola incubation period is 21 - 42 days

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Maybe it's just the spotlight of attention, but there sure are a lot of people vomiting all over the place on commercial and public transportation these days.

But don't worry, the authorities can tell with a quick glance and a question or two that it's not Ebola - even though they can't tell the difference between vomit and spit for many hours.

And when someone says they lived in the same apartment(s) as Duncan and were under ordered quarantine, what they really meant to say was that they definitely don't live there and they are definitely "not on ANYONE'S Ebola watch list."

And don't worry anyway, because DART has "established protocols for cleaning hazardous materials" that should be just fine for Biolevel 4 pathogens. (Hey! Anybody still have the phone number for the power washing guy?)

Sorry for the rant... the sheer idiocy of how this is being handled is wearing on me.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Cygnis

I think it means this:
and

I think it means that too. An even bigger question is, what was the incubation period for the other 2%?

Or maybe 2% of the cases are the ones where they had no known exposure, the ones that raise the question of whether there could be another unknown transmission vector.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that EVERYONE in the US who catches ebola, is always caught getting ill right on public transportation? Seriously no one was caught sicks at home or somewhere else? Why does everysingle report include public transportation? Why can't we find "Person who falls ill at restaurant/work/park/home/street, may have ebola/test's positive for ebola"?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
ANY article that includes: ..."Out of an abundance of caution" is immediately suspicious.

There seem to be many themes popping up surrounding Ebola and when I start seeing patterns...well, let's just say that things are most definitely off.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

DALLAS — A woman who was being monitored for possible exposure to the Ebola virus was reported ill at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit White Rock Station Saturday afternoon.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said the person fell ill with a low-grade fever at the station in Northeast Dallas after deciding that her quarantine period was over.

Abundance of caution or is 31 the new 21?

Source

Too much noise, need more signal.

I need a new vehicle. My father wants me to jump a greyhound to NC to pick up my sisters. With all these people who've been in contact with Ebola getting on public transport, I think I'll avoid Greyhound and walk from PA thank you very much! Lord only knows when it'll hit here. In all seriousness though, these people have no sense! "I've been infected with a serious virus, I think I'll go take some public transport" or better yet, "I handled infected blood, honey want to go on a cruise?" Gah!!

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The magic number is a quarantine of 40 days... but there is enough evidence to suggest that this strain of Ebola may take up to 60 days to manifest.

Hearing another report today describing this outbreak as an outbreak of the strain "Ebola Zaïre" makes me wonder how long it will take for the average person to put together that the symptoms and steps toward death when one is infected with Ebola Zaïre are not at all the symptoms and disease manifestation being seen in this outbreak.

Take your liposomal Vitamin C, dear ones.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
RE-traction? I think they should have the honor to admit they got it WRONG. So if they are not admitting they got it wrong, which there is nothing I can find, they are just covering up the fact that they reported the EXACT opposite of the actual situation. Oh yea, we're gonna shut everything down and clean it good, just in case. I've never smelled BS, but I imagine this is the stuff its made of.

To the poster one or two up, its not Ebola Zaire, because it has 3% variation according to some DNA testing someone did. It is effectively 97% ebola zaire, which means it IS different(yet to be named), but to what effect you are alluding to? I can only think you mean some people will die without exhibiting the typical ebola symptoms, spreading ebola further because we are not thinking they are infected with ebola. I think only around 30% have the bleeding if I'm not mistaken. And I think if you have the bleeding you are going to die, so there is a possible 10-20% to get us to the 50% death rate who will die and not bleed. I think one thing no one is really thinking about, is that people with immunity could maintain a viral load, spreading it and not getting sick ever.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: itswhatev
a reply to: texasgirl

Either this is a gross over reaction by the media, wanting to capitalize on the Ebola craze and make things seem a lot worse... which in some way i wouldnt completely doubt

OR...

The story really is being scrubbed. That is an awful lot of errors for a reporter to make, repeatedly... without being corrected. THe official story now isnt even remotely similar to the original one put out. Though it would not be un heard of for the media to get it wrong the first time....

BUt thats like reporting that a space ship has landed at the White House front lawn... only to correct themselves and say it was a helicopter, landing at an airport, in Maryland.

WFAA8 doesn't make errors like this and they have done an excellent job reporting on all the Ebola news. All the breaking news you have seen on TV and here on ATS have mostly come from WFAA8. They might get a little detail like an address wrong or something but not the main part of the story.

I think Dallas is losing business because of all the panic. I mean, even NFL football players are scared to come and play our Boys! So the stories get downplayed, scrubbed, deleted....

I'm going to keep digging on this story. Something is really wrong here.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast
Maybe it's just the spotlight of attention, but there sure are a lot of people vomiting all over the place on commercial and public transportation these days.

But don't worry, the authorities can tell with a quick glance and a question or two that it's not Ebola - even though they can't tell the difference between vomit and spit for many hours.

And when someone says they lived in the same apartment(s) as Duncan and were under ordered quarantine, what they really meant to say was that they definitely don't live there and they are definitely "not on ANYONE'S Ebola watch list."

And don't worry anyway, because DART has "established protocols for cleaning hazardous materials" that should be just fine for Biolevel 4 pathogens. (Hey! Anybody still have the phone number for the power washing guy?)

Sorry for the rant... the sheer idiocy of how this is being handled is wearing on me.

I completely agree with you! If they're trying to keep a lid on this and there are actually a lot more cases than they're admitting to then we residents in the Dallas/Ft Worth area are not safe!
edit on 19-10-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Duncan presented at the hospital on the 24th. Today is the 18th. It's been over 21 days already. Maybe they are holding them a few extra days because they are not sure how contagious he was in those first few days? a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
WHO allows 42 days or twice the incubation period to pass before declaring an area Ebola free. Is that what you heard or was it an incubation period? The virus is still transmissible in semen for a time after a man recovers outwardly I have read.

eply to: 0bserver1

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Agree whole heartedly. What the frock? Does Ebola awaken some dormant urge to use mass transit? Does it make one unable to drive a car?a reply to: Gozer

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's not evolving. We're seeing just how stupid people can be sometimes that's all. There is no indication that the virus has changed at all. It's still the same Zaire strain that has made appearances several times in the past. It's just got a bigger stage to play on now. reply to: UtahRosebud

PS In most cases when viruses change or mutate they devolve or mutate to be less virulent not more. Not in every case as evidenced by H1N1. But mostly. It was a mutation to a much less virulent strain that abruptly ended the flu of 1918 AKA the Spanish flu.
Ebola is a heavy virus with a RNA reluctant to change.
edit on AMu31u10104235312014-10-19T07:35:05-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
How can 95% be 1-21days and then 98% be 1-42 days. I'm no math wiz but that doesn't make sense to even mathematically challenged me.
How I'm reading it is that WHO allows 42 days or twice the incubation period before it will declare a region Ebola free. reply to: Cygnis

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It would not be smart or prudent to keep the number of infected people under wraps. It would make it just that much harder to get and keep control of.
So far it's been people just doing what ever the hell they feel like doing that's caused the problem. Not the way it's been handled. Oh except for admin at Dallas Presbyterian that is. Yes tape on your exposed neck will do the trick. Don't they say if it can't be fixed with duct tape it can't be fixed? reply to: texasgirl

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
How can 95% be 1-21days and then 98% be 1-42 days. I'm no math wiz but that doesn't make sense to even mathematically challenged me.
How I'm reading it is that WHO allows 42 days or twice the incubation period before it will declare a region Ebola free. reply to: Cygnis

If you'd noticed a bit later in the thread, it makes perfect sense:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and

Some people take longer to become ill....and it is part of the problem West Africa is experiencing:
A small number of people are becoming ill after the 21st day and reinfecting entire regions.
www.who.int...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join