It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman on Ebola watch list falls ill at DART station

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

DALLAS — A woman who was being monitored for possible exposure to the Ebola virus was reported ill at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit White Rock Station Saturday afternoon.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said the person fell ill with a low-grade fever at the station in Northeast Dallas after deciding that her quarantine period was over.

Abundance of caution or is 31 the new 21?

Source

Too much noise, need more signal.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

DALLAS — A woman who was being monitored for possible exposure to the Ebola virus was reported ill at the Dallas Area Rapid Transit White Rock Station Saturday afternoon.

DART spokesman Morgan Lyons said the person fell ill with a low-grade fever at the station in Northeast Dallas after deciding that her quarantine period was over.

Abundance of caution or is 31 the new 21?

Source

Too much noise, need more signal.

Hmmm. We can only hope the incubation time doesn't exceed 21 days.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Who decided her quarantine was over? Louise and family aren't free of house arrest until tomorrow at midnight!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FerronMelwick
I have read somewhere that it was up to forty days don't know if thats the truth..

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
I have read somewhere that it was up to forty days don't know if thats the truth..

Could you find a link? I know that if the theory behind the Black Death being caused by ebola is true, they would quarantine people for 40 days with success.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Lyons said the train used by the customer would be removed from service "and cleaned consistent with our established protocols for cleaning hazardous materials."

If Only she'd ridden on a bus instead of a train...

And if only these people on ebola watchlists would stop going to airports and train depots before they are cleared.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This disease scares the hell out of me! Not to the point of panic, but to the point of WAKE THE EFF UP AND PAY ATTENTION!

It is evolving. And it is evolving at rates that we cannot keep up with (obviously). By the time they finally get crap figured out, how many people will have been harmed or worse, due to this nonsense!!!

I for one would not want to be quarantined, self inflicted or forced... but you know what, I would absolutely do it! It's called accountability! I do NOT want to be responsible for anyone else having to suffer. It's time to pull our collective heads out of our a$$es and stop with the, "it can't happen to me" attitude!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The WHO made this interesting statement, that I just can't put it down.

Recent studies conducted in West Africa have demonstrated that 95% of confirmed cases have an incubation period in the range of 1 to 21 days; 98% have an incubation period that falls within the 1 to 42 day interval. WHO is therefore confident that detection of no new cases, with active surveillance in place, throughout this 42-day period means that an Ebola outbreak is indeed over.

W.H.O. Source

I don't know if this is just how i am reading this, or if it's been "debunked". But if the WHO is saying that 98% have a incubation peroid of 42 days. Then we seem to have the wrong information out there, from the CDC, and there are people who are going to exceed the 21 day window.

So if the woman was not off in her math, from her first contact to getting sick at the DART station, then she is proving that it can take more then 21 days, is she not?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Does anybody know the real truth about this virus?

It seems the Governments are making it up as they go along, which either means they are bull shining us or the advice they are receiving is complete bull shine and they are guessing at best.

It's probably best to not watch any news for about a month, then see where we are then.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I just saw this tweet; Dallas County expected to address DART station Ebola alert at 3:30 news conf; watch live on WFAA.com...
I dont know if I can pick this up at work. Would really appreciate someone giving a summary if you watch it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
According to WHO, about five percent of the infected could take between the 21 and 40+ days to show symptoms. This is being considered to be appropriate in Europe now, but I have not seen any official changes as of yet.

Five percent is a fairly high figure actually, nothing to ignore.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I know the truth. It seems to be a really nasty virus.

That's it, any more I say won't be the truth.

link   
a reply to: Cygnis

From what I can understand it would seem that 95% of all cases show symptoms within 21 days. Between 21-42 days 98% of the remaining 5% of people will show symptoms. If that source is credible that would be a very bad twist to the incredible mess up already.
edit on 18-10-2014 by FerronMelwick because: (no reason given)

link   
Lets try a new incubation period on for size to add to the confusion? At this point, we have to wonder whether we are the victims of incompetence, bungling, deliberate misleading or what? I'm beginning to think that some people ought to be fired.

As questions of how many people the second Dallas nurse infected during her journey to and from Dallas throw scary possibilities, a WHO situation assessment report gives more cause for concern by stating that the incubation period of the virus has been seen to extend to as long as 42 days in some cases.

It says that recent studies conducted in West Africa have demonstrated that 95% of confirmed cases have an incubation period in the range of 1 to 21 days; 98% have an incubation period that falls within the 1 to 42-day interval.

For WHO to declare an Ebola outbreak over, a country must pass through 42 days, with active surveillance supported by good diagnostic capacity and no new cases detected in the period.

International Business Times article
edit on 18-10-2014 by aboutface because: typo

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I read the 31 number somewhere too and also the 40-something and said I'd make it at least 45 to be sure. Sigh.

Here's one leaving quarantine...from yesterday. But this appears to be one of the first 48 in quarantine?

Wasn't the number jumped to 70 or 80 after Pham came down with it? This is very confusing to keep track of.

One of the first 48 people who came in contact with the country’s first Ebola patient has been cleared, Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said Friday.

First person to come out of quarantine after direct contact with Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan

ETA: Seems we have planes, ships, buses, and trains covered. Check.

Some Ebola experts worry virus may spread more easily than assumed
Ebola in the United States: The Probability of Fraud

edit on 10/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bella2256

I will watch it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface the article i saw says she was not on any ebola watch list...but...she lives in the same apartment complex as mr duncan (patient 0)

www.wfaa.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I know the truth. It seems to be a really nasty virus.

That's it, any more I say won't be the truth.

Exactly, that's all we seem to know about it though. The rest is guess work.
edit on 18/10/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gozer
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Lyons said the train used by the customer would be removed from service "and cleaned consistent with our established protocols for cleaning hazardous materials."

If Only she'd ridden on a bus instead of a train...

And if only these people on ebola watchlists would stop going to airports and train depots before they are cleared.

If people cant see this is all happening exactly by design, like a poorly written and played out movie after seeing all of this BS for themselves, well, then, I feel sorry for them.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wonder if the Dart lady is the lady in the flip flops next to the power washer crew at Duncan's apartments? Remember her?

STM

edit on 18-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join