It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the "Law" follows the wealth gap in modern America......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Please follow the link for details......
but here is a quote or two to get the gist of it......

The bitter truth, more obvious by the year, is that law enforcement in the U.S. is actually the enforcement of the class system itself.

If you are poor, you understand that. If you are wealthy, you probably understand it, too, but in another way altogether.

For a member of the American underclass, a minor brush with authorities can turn into the kind of Kafkaesque despair that most Americans associate with places like Egypt or Russia or Iran.

This trueism is enacted thousands of times per day in every corner of the USA....
People going about their daily routine are, in some instances virtually destroyed........either killed outright or subject to a legal system that is more of a class enforcement than law for the people.......
Please read the full article, for discussion purposes and lets hear what your feelings on the idea that the " law" is a tool of class enforcement rather than law enforcement here in the good ole USA....
And by the way....what should we/can we do about it???.....
cheers

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling
I have read quite a few posts and can truly say I haven't read anything that approaches this post. It is imperative I reply
to it truly with this statement"nothing like stating the bleeding obvious". Come on! On what world have you been living on? Whether USA, Russia, China or any other country in the world or even what century in time. The ruling classes have ALWAYS held the power. Whether that's through the police, army or whatever name they want to give to their servants that control the masses it always has been and always will be. You can have a revolution and usurp the ruling elites (that would bring chaos for a while) but sooner rather than later another ruling class would emerge and they would have their own"police" to control the masses.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It will take a social revolution of some magnitude to reverse this course at this point. While I personally hold some hope that a non-violent solution is still possible that hope is fading.

Having said all of this, it is worth mentioning that the current elite have grown quite adept at goading the population into violent revolt, creating a power vacuum and filling that vacuum with an entity that will only further their interests even more.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The larger problem is that the "law" as it exists currently only applies to the general populace. Somehow the government itself has become immune and above any kind of regulating or punishment. Every week some new offense leaks out that only 30 years ago would have meant impeachment or prison. We had an Attorney General who ignored Congress, was found in contempt and used his position to further partisan politics every step of the way.

Of course the right money gets the lawyers that can get you out of nearly any predicament, that's been a given for long time. What hasn't in the new-found immunity of those in charge of enforcing, creating and passing those same laws.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

The issue is how to get everyone on the same page. We can't keep having our pet issues we work on. It needs to stop being black rights or Christian rights or gay rights or animal rights but Earth rights.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: redhorse

The issue is how to get everyone on the same page. We can't keep having our pet issues we work on. It needs to stop being black rights or Christian rights or gay rights or animal rights but Earth rights.

I star the above.....that's the real crux of it all.......

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
obvious to you maybe, but there are lots who haven't a bloody clew.....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

They're trying to build a prison
Following the rights movement
You clamped on with your iron fists
Drugs became conveniently Available for all the kids
Following the rights movement You clamped on with your iron fists
Drugs became conveniently Available for all the kids
I buy my crack, I smack my bitch Right here in hollywood
(nearly 2 million americans are incarcerated in the prison system prison system of the US)
They're trying to build a prison (for you and me to live in)
Another prison system
Another prison system
Another prison system (for you and me to live in)
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons you don't even flinch
all our taxes paying for your wars against the new non-rich
Minor drug offenders fill your prisons you don't even flinch
all our taxes paying for your wars against the new non-rich
I buy my crack, I smack my bitch right here in hollywood
The percentage of americans in the prison system prison system, has doubled since 1985
They're trying to build a prison (for you and me to live in)
Another prison system
Another prison system
Another prison system
For you and I, For you and I, For you and I.
For you and me
Oh baby, you and me.
All research and successful drug policy show that treatment should be increased
And law enforcement decreased While abolishing mandatory minimun sentences
All research and successful drug policy show that treatment should be increased
And law enforcement decreased While abolishing mandatory minimun sentences

Utilising drugs to pay for secret wars around the world
drugs are now your global policy now you police the globe
I buy my crack, I smack my bitch right here in hollywood
Drug money is used to rig elections and train brutal corporate sponsored dictators around the world
They're trying to build a prison They're trying to build a prison They're trying to build a prison (for you and me to live in)
Another prison system Another prison system Another prison system (for you and me to live in)
For you and I, for you and I, for you and I For you and I They're trying to build a prison They're trying to build a prison They're trying to build a prison for you and me oh baby, you and me

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

This is a misappropriation and an abuse of the law. Its a sign of a society transiting from a free and open society ruled by just laws justly applied to a tyrannical society. The emerging power class are exerting their control and use of the countries legal and judicial system to achieve control of the nations people and institutions.

A sign of things to come in all countries controlled by or aligned with the US.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

But everyone still just wants to fight only their own battles. The first step to recovery is admitting there is a problem and so few admit it unless it's beneficial to their case.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
we said the way to help was through education. We were honest about helping ourselves. So they took over education, and imposed even more school fees on parents in what is supposed to be a publically funded education system. Those of us who came out of it with diplomas and degrees, they raised the bar, so we were working 2 fast food jobs to pay our ever increasing rent. When we kept pace, they increased the interest on our student loans so we were saddled down even more.

It is full on class warfare. Anyone who doesn't see it, is either rich, or stupid.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This is very true. I believe I replied to another thread with a similar idea. Simply put - the laws are written to protect the rich from the poor.

I asked a friend of mine, a lawyer/JD, this very question. He simply replied - "that is correct."

Given laws are written to do this, police officers genuinely serve that purpose - to enforce the laws on poor and underclass that have been written by the upper class.

This is a very racially divided system.
edit on 19-10-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
A house divided against itself cannot stand........

top topics

join