It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Emoto Dies – The Passing of a Legend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Dr. Masaru Emoto was a world renown scientist that had been visually documenting molecular changes in water by means of his photographic techniques, and in doing so expanded our concept of Consciousness. His work has influenced millions, and paved the way for a massive transformation in the evolution of consciousness, quantum physics, and our understanding of reality. His work was legendary.

Dr. Emoto Dies – The Passing of a Legend

Dr. Emoto's work comes up a lot, in mine, because I work in sound, vibration, and occasionally cymatics. And it's sad that he passed. I'm sure there will be a lot about him online today. But what most people don't realize is that he refused to perform or reproduce his work and experiments in front of peers, and completely ignored scientific processes, like control groups. I actually consider his work to have hindered serious studies in water and cymatics greatly. The "Solfeggio" people even used him to further "prove" their nonsense about those frequencies, which he did, without researching enough to know it was all hooey. I'd like to say it'd be great if someone picked up his "work" and showed the world the truth about it, but I doubt it will happen. This isn't a case like WIlhelm Reich or Tesla or Rife when scientists criticize his work. They are absolutely correct to do so in his case.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think this is probably a hoax. Other than the Examiner, I can't find any other sources to corroborate that Dr. Emoto passed away.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog
Oh great...well that's embarrassing if it's a hoax...
Spirit Science is not very reliable when it comes to a lot of their "Science" either.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

No worries, I immediately started looking into it because I'm a fan of his work. I'm actually kind of happy if it is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Well I would be too, fan of his work or not I certainly don't wish the man dead!

I would be very happy if he is still alive. I actually like to reach out to people in the community, especially those I disagree with or do not believe, and talk to them about it myself rather than just read about them.

It would be great if he'd take the "One Million Dollar James Randi Paranormal Challenge" to recreate just one of his experiments. Or just do it in front of a camera, at the least. It was offered to him over a decade ago, and he refused. I'd like to know why, if he has nothing to hide, and why he wouldn't just use the money to further research, or to help Fukishima victims.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I hate to be that guy but...wikipedia reports that he passed away on 17 October. RIP

Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

That JUST showed up, wasn't there an hour ago. Thanks for pointing it out.
I'm starting to see it in a few other online articles - OMTimes, etc.
Also, your avatar is awesome.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No problem because you prove once again, as many other ATS members have done before you in the past with certain threads just how quick things get reported here.
And thanks, took me a while to find an avatar I truly liked. But I found it eventually.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
I hate to be that guy but...wikipedia reports that he passed away on 17 October. RIP

Wikipedia

Anyone can edit an entry on Wikipedia including someone's death. When you Google him, his side bio shows him alive at 71.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I was thinking that too - could have even been someone who saw my post here!
And OMTimes, well, they could have seen it on a friends' Facebook like I did.

I just sent an email to his offices. It's 7am on a Sunday in Japan, so not sure when I'll receive an answer.

For the record, I simply explained that there were several articles claiming that he passed yesterday, and that has resulted in his Wiki page being edited to add this as his date of death, that we hope not, but if so, we express condolences.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Theoretically yes, but practically speaking no because the article changes are usually guarded by at least one mod/user. They have whole discussions on whether this fact or that is correct/relevant/biased/whatever. Time will tell I guess.

I have no idea if The Examiner is a valid news source but I did find this article.
edit on 18/10/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: Weirdness quoting

edit on 18/10/14 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
I think this is probably a hoax. Other than the Examiner, I can't find any other sources to corroborate that Dr. Emoto passed away.

My friend Sarah emailed me that it was so --- does that count. Tim Hauser died too, on Thursday (Manhattan Transfer).

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
L.S.D. - good point.
Fyre - idk, did Sarah know him? lol sorry.
Sadly I think it would be more than a hoax - more like defamation of character - for a site to post a statement from his office as the article LightSpeedDriver posted did. It's probably true, and I probably won't be getting an email back from his offices anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whether he's alive or dead. The absurd pseudoscience he propagated will live on, because of all the idiots who believe it.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Yea this got moved by the mods to Science & Tech. I didn't post it here, because he did not perform his experiments under any type of correct scientific procedure.

I wish society would judge "scientists" work by the grade they'd receive for their work if still in school.
"Dr.s" like Emoto and Horowitz would get big giant Fs. They never use control groups, refuse peer observation, and can show zero proof of anything remotely related to their claims.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yes, that was a rather bad-tempered post of mine. But really, I hear this stuff so much...

edit on 19/10/14 by Astyanax because: too specific.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

no worries, we all do it - sometimes denying ignorance takes tough love

edit on 19-10-2014 by KAOStheory because: sp.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Also, I first posted this in Breaking Alt News, not Science and Tech, and would not have otherwise used the original articles title - it would have been more relative and appropriate to the realities of his "work."

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thank you for informing me about the realities of his work. I wanted to believe it but should've known better I guess. It doesn't mean it's not real, it just means it has not been proven and we should remain skeptical or at least on the fence. Does the mind have any power over matter? Are things like the law of attraction or the power of prayer real? I hope we will have some real answers within my lifetime. As far as the rest of you, I could not care less. Just kidding hehe

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yknow, i used to too.
And I wish he was still alive, because I email and talk on the phone with Dale Pond, Susan Alekjander, Sharry Edwards, and well Horowitz, well, he doesn't like to chat about his theories, and neither did Emoto.
But Horowitz just got his YouTube channel removed for ethics violations, so that speaks volumes right there.
Don't worry, I'll be re-creating some of Emoto's "work," with Randi and other witnesses (like, yknow, a VIDEO camera,)
SOON. Stay tuned, same batty channel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join