It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS stop isis convoy with 2 bullets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

So your telling me that total war has eliminate hatred for the Jews?

..... Do I even... Nah

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Maybe your not getting it.

Over the last 100 years all of the wars in the Middle East haven't worked to stop this kind of violence. Going in there and killing everyone isn't going to stop the violence. Period.

Your alternative then is to let them run amok gaining control over the land while beheading people who don't agree with their particular brand of Islam?

At a certain point, one must view it in the same light as capital punishment; It may not stop rape, murder, beheadings and sectarian violence in the middle east, but it cuts way down on the repeat offenders.

I'm not even a hawk on intervention in Syria (or Libya, or Egypt, or ...), but I'm not sure sitting on our hands is the responsible thing to do either.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

This is the real conundrum, to beat them we would have to become them or even worse.

And any inaction on our part in the interim only allows ISIS to gain strength and numbers thus become stronger and more of a problem. If we do not act now more people will suffer in the long run.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

This is the real conundrum, to beat them we would have to become them or even worse.

And any inaction on our part in the interim only allows ISIS to gain strength and numbers thus become stronger and more of a problem. If we do not act now more people will suffer in the long run.

I agree with you here.

Its just how and what to do? I'm stumped...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

That's what happens weather we invade or not.

Mine as well save the resources.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Advise them on what...how not to win a war.?

Advisors... as in being able to provide real time intel from all the drones.. the ability to call in fire support, mark targets for the sorties... the ability to wave off and ground attacks and have a friendly fire incident...Medevac when people get hurt...

I was a grunt... Not a policy maker, or politico...We Marines know how to fight and win... just give us the tools and point us towards the enemy... things only get complicated when you drag political agenda's onto a battlefield.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo

a reply to: onequestion

They cut the heads of aid workers and claim its done in the name of Allah, what else do you need to know?

I know it's not very Christian of me, but ISIS is filled with scum that do not deserve the gift of life and they will never be anything else because their twisted view of their faith is what drives them to perform their heinous acts. My only regret is that I am no longer fit for military service, or I'd be going out there to volunteer with those Dutch bikers!

Rev

I wonder how many ISIS fighters have had friends and family massacred by western bombs and hold the exact same opinion. Just seems like tit for tat to me. The cycle of ignorance and revenge just keeps on going

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
An idealism, or in this case, fanatacism cannot be killed. It spreads through people like a wildfire. These people have too much free time, and not enough education, or meaningful ambition in their sandbox world. Ideals spread by charaismatic "leaders" or as I would call them, instigators, will inflame the young passionate, but simple-minded.

This will forever be a thorn in the civilizations side, until the barbarians come to the realization that no one wins when everyone is hated by everyone else.

So until then, keep their numbers low and limited. Even if we did "leave them alone", as some suggest, they would not leave us alone.

There is no way to fix this, this is like a wound that will not clot.. We just have to keep applying bandages, and apply pressure to keep the flow from bleeding out all over the place.

My hats off to the SAS, and the H/K teams.. Give'em an express trip to their Maker, boys!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: revmoofoo

a reply to: onequestion

They cut the heads of aid workers and claim its done in the name of Allah, what else do you need to know?

I know it's not very Christian of me, but ISIS is filled with scum that do not deserve the gift of life and they will never be anything else because their twisted view of their faith is what drives them to perform their heinous acts. My only regret is that I am no longer fit for military service, or I'd be going out there to volunteer with those Dutch bikers!

Rev

I wonder how many ISIS fighters have had friends and family massacred by western bombs and hold the exact same opinion. Just seems like tit for tat to me. The cycle of ignorance and revenge just keeps on going

Exactly

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
OP there is a reason you have not seen this story anywhere else.

Because its probably just made up.

You know that old saying never believe anything you read in the press it is never more applicable to the BS that the press just love to write about Special Forces.

The reason is really quite simple, joe public see's "SAS" in the headline and limitedly starts to think of real life super-hero's out smiting the evil of this world with big guns dressed as black knights. Its a "cool" story and it sells.

The official stance on anything to do with the UKSF is to neither confirm or deny, so sure the SAS are probably out there taking out ISIS but this story is probably just made up and nobody is going to confirm it or deny it. Nobody inside UKSF is going to give the press operational details such as "Yesterday we took out a ISIS vehicle this is how we done it.....". However it is pretty simple to work out that the SAS (or another UKSF element) are conducting operations just like this so the press just go with it.

The express is always running these kind of stories, not because they are true but because its what the public want to be reading about.

As a rule I always take any stories like this, especially in the tabloid press, with a generous pinch of salt.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I agree with you here.

Its just how and what to do? I'm stumped...

You are totally correct. However, to protect my family and to stay true to the oath I took when I joined the Army, I'd become whatever I need to to serve my queen and country and to protect those who cannot fight against these animals.

Just because I am no longer fit for service, it doesn't mean that I don't still take my oath seriously and sacrifice is part of being in the military.

Rev

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It's not about revenge, it's about protecting society from those animals. Don't misunderstand me, I see where you're coming from, however ISIS beheading civvys just isn't cool. Killing soldiers, that's war. Killing civvys, that's just cowardice.

Rev

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I gotta agree with you. As if they had reporters on the front line with the SAS now comeon. These guys work on their lonesome for days and weeks.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
OP there is a reason you have not seen this story anywhere else.

Because its probably just made up.

You know that old saying never believe anything you read in the press it is never more applicable to the BS that the press just love to write about Special Forces.

The reason is really quite simple, joe public see's "SAS" in the headline and limitedly starts to think of real life super-hero's out smiting the evil of this world with big guns dressed as black knights. Its a "cool" story and it sells.

The official stance on anything to do with the UKSF is to neither confirm or deny, so sure the SAS are probably out there taking out ISIS but this story is probably just made up and nobody is going to confirm it or deny it. Nobody inside UKSF is going to give the press operational details such as "Yesterday we took out a ISIS vehicle this is how we done it.....". However it is pretty simple to work out that the SAS (or another UKSF element) are conducting operations just like this so the press just go with it.

The express is always running these kind of stories, not because they are true but because its what the public want to be reading about.

As a rule I always take any stories like this, especially in the tabloid press, with a generous pinch of salt.

Yeah......I have to agree.
I think most of the Isis stuff is fake.
The same with Al Qaeda.
Lots of fear but not a lot of proof.
I'm full of doubts about the whole Isis thing.

I think the US, UK and other western government have fooled us into accepting them invading any country they want in the pretex of chasing what seems to be the same group of terrorists under different names.
It won't be long before they have to bomb another country because ISIS have moved there.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What can we do about this? Firstly, ISIS or ISIL are killing innocents. But someone is pumping lots of money into them for weapons, fuel- so we should be stopping these people, firstly by sanctions and then more force fully if necessary, irregardless of where they are from. Cut off the backers and you reduce the power straight away.
Secondally work with the current leaders in the Middle East, the revolution towards e.g, female equality will come as the communication barriers between nations come down but it has to happen from within.

First and foremost the key people to blame for this mess are ISIS. However watching what happened to Syria last year, it seemed that the US deliberately supplied enough weapons for the anti Assad to prolong the war without an outright victor, thus reducing the capability if Assad and hence Iran- but meaning more people are killed with this approach.

I believe that a number of young people are going over there thinking that times are exciting, getting out of their employment ruts- and the internet is seducing them. There is an element of cult about this because once they are there then reality kicks in but they will be shot if they try to escape. Some are so much want to come home that they will risk arrest. Well use these people to go around the mosques at home telling people what it is really like?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: templar knight

In all the wars in history the guys with the cheque books get off scott free,win or loose the bankers always win.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Should have followed up and also blown the ISIS terrorist scum straight to Allah. Let him judge there actions.

There is no bargaining or middle ground to be had with these religious extremist xenophobic nutters.

Show me an example of when war has stopped terrorism? No seriously... When has it worked?

Let me answer for you. NEVER

It has only acted to exacerbate the problem.

The Indian government went to war against the Tamil Tigers, just about wiped them out, and their families.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Another example all be it rather more ancient would be Rome's destruction of Carthage or The Holy Roman Empires annihilation of the Cathar people of southern France. Point is to wipe them out in this day of age is obviously going to have extremely far reaching consequences that go beyond the middle east. At the end of the day we are damned if we do and damned if we dont, none the less action is required. After all "Evil prevails when good men fail to act"!
edit on 18-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
hahahahahahahaah

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Life is seldom ever black and white, one Mans truth is another Mans lie. Shades of grey is probably a lot closer to the mark. That being said I do indeed believe ISIS executed the people in question, never mind the numerous other atrocity's committed against both Muslim and non Muslim people that don't share the same religious belief system as ISIS. End of the day our western nations have to share a measure of blame considering we are to some degree responsible for the very creation of ISIS. That being said they are indeed a considerable threat to stability in the middle east and there actions speak for themselves, time to remove the cancer they have become, the method of removal however remains to be seen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join