It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Ebola-stricken nurse may have had a WORSE case of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Daily Mail

Ebola-stricken nurse Amber Vinson may have been at a more advanced stage of the deadly disease when she flew between Dallas and Cleveland than was previously thought, it today emerged.

The 29-year-old was diagnosed with the virus on Wednesday after helping to treat Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital before he died on October 8.

She had flown out of Dallas-Fort Worth Airport in Texas on Frontier Airlines Flight 1142 alongside 132 other passengers on October 10 to plan her upcoming wedding. She had then returned on October 13.

Now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has discovered that Miss Vinson may have had a worse case of Ebola during the two flights than was previously imagined.

Remember I'm no expert on this subject... just know what I've read here and seen on TV. But if memory serves there are three stages... the first being when your only a little bit sick... Then your only mildly contagious... the second stage it your really sick high temps etc... then your moderately contagious... lastly is the bleeding out of your eyes and ears stage and that's the 'Worst' stage and where you put everyone around you at risk...

So are they saying she was at that third stage of...???

Maybe they do because after a phone call from the director of the CDC to the CEO of Frontier airlines... they are expanding their search to include everyone who onboard that plane with Amber Vinson for both flights...and those who boarded the plane for other flights before it was decontaminated...

The passengers on the other flight are not thought to be at risk for the disease, but Frontier is notifying them anyway. Those flights are:
Flight 2042 on Tuesday morning from Dallas to Cleveland
Flight 1104 on Tuesday afternoon from Cleveland to Fort Lauderdale
Flight 1105 on Tuesday afternoon from Fort Lauderdale to Cleveland
Flight 1101 on Tuesday night from Cleveland to Atlanta
Flight 1100 on Tuesday night from Atlanta to Cleveland

edit on 18-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So the nurse with the worst case was bouncing around the country.
Sounds ok to me I suppose, If it is all right with the CDC then I guess we should accept it as all right with us.

I still have a right to complain about some of the idiots and evident liars running this country though.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Daily Mail is designed to shock people needlessly. All enquiries [email protected]

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sooner or later you'll be getting ebola in your happy meal.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
More advanced stage can be either moderate or in worst, most likely moderate as if she had been in last stage i doubt she could have walked on her own.
What really strikes me that she had possibly lied her symptoms to health care so she could fly. There are people in a World who intentionally spread HIV and this case is similar. She most likely knew what she had and took all those flights because she could not care the less. There must be some kind of psychiatric diagnosis to people like that.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm excited.

not.

a reply to: HardCorps

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

And you thought I was joking when I said any air carrier should be required to burn their plane down to the tarmac if they had carried an Ebola patient.

They don't need to notify those passengers ... they need to round them up, put them in quarantine for 180 days, and pay them each a million dollars for their inconvenience. That's how you fix this problem. There is no other way.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

not good, thought this would all blow over after the first count down and things would settle down....

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
More advanced stage can be either moderate or in worst, most likely moderate as if she had been in last stage i doubt she could have walked on her own.

The stage to worry about is when the virus is replicating itself in the lungs, that's it. That's all it takes. And people can still walk at that stage, it only means that they will begin to get a bad cough, and progress into coughing up blood spatter. If it was the early stages of this she could have easily been coughing blood particles chalked full of viral load, which is where the transmission is going to happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Since the OP source is a bit....well, sensational....I did some more searching:

www.newsnet5.com...

During a press conference in Summit County on Thursday, the CDC says Amber Vinson may have experienced symptoms on Friday, the day she flew from Dallas, Texas to Cleveland.

Dr. Chris Braden with the CDC says they can “not rule out” that Vinson had symptoms on Oct. 10 and that now the passengers on the flight from Dallas to Cleveland will be “included in the investigation."

and
www.wcpo.com...

. But he said health officials can't rule out the possibility that her illness began last Saturday, or possibly earlier

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
a reply to: rickymouse

Daily Mail is designed to shock people needlessly. All enquiries [email protected]

But the evidence, from a different source, does show that the second nurse did seem to be in a worse condition than the first nurse. Now discounting this evidence just because the listed source is the daily mail is not right. It looks like the second nurse is recovering though.....so far.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No. You wait'll the first homeless cadaver is discovered half-eaten by animals. Then you'll know how bad Ebola can be.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
No. You wait'll the first homeless cadaver is discovered half-eaten by animals. Then you'll know how bad Ebola can be.

And, of course, by then it'll be into the feral dogs of the city ... hello Ebola as an endemic disease. But, it's not fair that Africa has to suffer from it and we don't.

But you know, if it becomes endemic here then we can suffer for all the bad things we've done to Africa because apparently we exist and some people who died a very, very long time ago did evil things to other people who also died a very long, long time ago. It's only social justice.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This emerged days ago already posted here

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeDaShom
Sooner or later you'll be getting ebola in your happy meal.

I prefer Spaghet Ebolagnese

...but seriously though folks it's the Daily Mail for goodness sake, take that sensationalist rag with a pinch of salt, and have a nice cup of tea.

edit on 9Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:37:27 -0500am37102014f27am10 by grainofsand because: ...added quote

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join