It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People, please calm down and GROW A PAIR!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh good lord, nitpick much? Complaining about growing a pair? Grow some steel ones & thicker skin, people, it's a figure of speech. I'm female and it'll be a cold day in hell before I stop saying it to appease some whiner who takes a figure of speech just a little too literally for the sake of political correctness.

To the folks with medical experience putting their two cents' worth in feeling targeted, I don't think the OP means what you think. My interpretation of their post was aimed squarely at the people who are running around like Chicken Little screeching about Ebolageddon. There's a huge difference between a medical worker doing the right things in terms of proactive precautionary measures, and a layman Everyday Joe going bat guano crazy over the slightest sneeze.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I like your post on this issue. You are right about Murphy's law. The more confident a hospital's administration is, the more it seems that things go wrong. Cautiousness is tossed out the door the more confident a hospital is. This is a problem that has always been a problem in society, it is not new.

People used to think that since they were good Christians that god would not let them get sick. If they got sick they just blamed themselves for their misgivings and accepted the consequences. Now god gives you wisdom as a gift. This gift tells you to be aware of what is happening. This wisdom also tells you to go to a hospital if you do get something that has symptoms similar to Ebola.

That is a little off topic but I just had to say it to try to convince people to be aware of what is happening. I don't fear this disease but I am cautious of it. I am and never have been a big risk taker, I try to evaluate risk before doing things. Ebola is a high risk disease for a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've got a pair. What to see them? Bwahahahahaha.
I agree though. Fear is being force fed. Thus I take in little from the MSM. Pretty much only take Macleans at face value.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Oh, most certainly. Let them stand by and watch their child lay in a hospital bed with enterovirus, and are near death or paralyzed. Allow them to step into Nina Pham's mother's shoes for awhile, as she waits and worries for the life of her daughter.

I consider myself quite a strong, tough woman in difficult times, but the fears of ebola, restricting flights, enterovirus and so are very concerning, and the American people have a right to be a little freaked out by this. After all, we've had to deal with a "leader" in our White House that has done nothing but lie and shift the blame for six years now.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think this is more reason for people to have a stock of food in their homes and alternative ways of heating and light for a couple of weeks.

Watching these results and individual stories after Katrina and other disasters I was stunned how immediate water became a problem.
Any large scale killing disease will do all you said, people will certainly be on their own at least for a time because depending on how bad things get it takes time to organize drops of water to home where people are unable to leave as there would be martial law.

edit on 18-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Everyone knows yours are steel and you are never politically correct...no need to shout it out.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
24/7/365 HUNDREDS of television and radio stations pump out all fear all the time always giving the sheep something to worry about that is the difference between now and the past,in World War two in my area the Japanese beheaded people,raped and even resorted to cannibalism and definately outdid ISIS in the atrocity department, but all you ever saw was the 5 minute newsreel,sanitized of our glorious victories in the pacific,my grandfather told me about the Spanish flu,not only were the hospitals full beds of the sick and dying spilled out onto the footpaths and streets,not just 3 patients,what has happened is that tptb always give you something to worry about and in return they will look after you and the problem,which is the ultimate lie of the 21st century the government cant protect you.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tatanka

Amen.....well said!!!
I feel exactly the same way
I think we all need to be more aware of everything going on around us.

The people we think that are so called helping us are hurting us.
I hope karma will come into play soon
Its not morally right or fair

We need someone on our side for once.........

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

....and also to call it a Big Pharma conspiracy!

If you think Big Parma doesn't have their own agendas with regards to situations like this *when it has been shown repeatedly over the past few decades that they often do* then this right there is part of the problem.

With an average yearly profit of something to the tune of Billions Globally are to be made people should take notice.

People have killed over much much less.
Big Pharma Pockets $711 Billion in Profits by Robbing Seniors, Taxpayers

Here's an outrage that must be changed: Big Pharma has been systematically price-gouging the Medicare program for seniors and people with disabilities -- and raking in billions in excessive profits. The 11 largest global drug companies made an astonishing $711 billion in profits over the 10 years ending in 2012, and they got a turbo-charged boost when the Medicare Part D prescription drug program started in 2006, according to an analysis of corporate filings by Health Care for America Now (HCAN).

Then, along comes Obama scare. I mean care.

I'll add the following from sources across the political spectrum:

www.forbes.com...

and

www.huffingtonpost.com...

and here is a chart showing the Reproduction Rates (or Contagion Numbers) for infectious diseases from wiki-pedia:

Values of R0 of well-known infectious diseases[1]
Disease Transmission R0
Measles Airborne 12–18
Pertussis Airborne droplet 12–17
Diphtheri Saliva 6–7
Smallpox Airborne droplet 5–7
Polio Fecal-oral route 5–7
Rubella Airborne droplet 5–7
Mumps Airborne droplet 4–7
HIV/AIDS Sexual contact 2–5
SARS Airborne droplet 2–5[2]
Influenza
(1918 pandemic strain)
Airborne droplet 2–3[3]
Ebola
(2014 Ebola outbreak) Bodily fluids 1-2 [4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Nice Thread OP
edit on 18-10-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Char-Lee

"I can continue to be as sensitive as I wish to some of the silly, ugly and vulgar terms that are repeated until they are drummed into everyone's heads...if I like. So no offense.

Well vulgarity is a violation of Terms of Service. So that's a Mod issue.
In order for myself and others ( OP ) perhaps you would be so kind as to make a list of ALL the words
( fairly certain it's a loooooog list ) that offend your delicate sensibilities.
Silly and ugly are fairly subjective terms, hence said list should be all inclusive.
Then, you will not get upset and all of us will know with absolute certainty what words we may or may
not employ.
It's a win win Chrar-lee ! I'll start " Just Sayin " < I HATE THAT . I don't even know what it means.
I await your list with bated breath. Don't get your panties in a knot ( damn, that might be one of the words)
Char-lee you may have the last word cuss I know you must.

Ps
It's all in fun
Just Sayin

edit on 18-10-2014 by dazbog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join