It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Our Reason Made Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You know how some people say, "Think before you speak." I know I do. The problem with those people is they're all mouth, no exercise. I would say, instead, "Plan before you act." Also, I can't stand people who say, "The world is a stage and we're all actors." There's something deeply disgenuine about that one. No, I am not an actor and no, the world is not my stage. I'm down here in reality thank you very much. I got a new saying I made up myself today, it goes like this, "Some of us aren't full of air so don't blow off the wrong people." There's a million of these little catch phrases. Many people like to assimilate catch phrases into their automated jargon input up there in their brains. They'd rather be 'programmed' repeaters. That's okay, I guess, if you like to be mentally lazy. There's nothing wrong with that, so long as you can still function where it matters. But some people take these little catch phrases and push them like the rules of our lives. Sorry man, you're gonna have to quit that $hit. Approach me like were actors in a real life impromptu play again and you're gonna regret it. Really, I mean it. Seriously, this really doesn't mean anything and this really isn't going anywhere insightful but I thought it was worth noting this 'catch phrase phenomenon' that never seems to ever go away and nobody ever philosophises about either. I guess I'll be the first. All I gotta say at the end of it is that, well, the backwards people need to re-reverse their reversed psychology and get fixed up in the head for once because hey, I'm far beyond fed up with the run around and I don't know how much longer I can take it. Let us all call a spade a spade, okay?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

Not everyone sees as far or goes as deep as the person next to them.

Everyone sees deeply and sometimes more so depending on thier micro focus.

Helping each other make the right choices to bring positive action is better than focusing on the inability to action.

This way we can all get there together, learning from one another during the long walk.

Everyone is capable in a way.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

I think you are misunderstanding the quote.
It's quite true.
On the deeper level he (Shakespeare) is looking at the fact that our lives although the main focus to us are only fleeting parts of the larger world, we all make entrances and exits, as do the people in our life.
We all are different things at different times in our lives: a man is a son, a brother, a father, a grand-father, an uncle, a friend, a boss, a labourer, a liar, a hero, a creator, a destroyer, etc.
All of these aspects create us and we often play these 'roles' at the same time.
We enter others lives to accomplish something, good or bad, and then we depart.
Our lives also change as we grow and gain wisdom what we did in our first act is not the same as in our third even though the situation maybe the same, we have changed our role is different we have more knowledge, more experience, other people in our lives.

And it's more a metaphor than a "catch phrase"........

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think a lot, and very deeply. What I have found is that most people don't want to sit and listen to my long winded thoughts.
Shortcuts are sometimes useful in communication- it doesn't mean there wasn't a lot more complex thought behind it, it just means I used a vehicle to get across the gist quicker to another.

Even when people use these shortcuts, I don't assume they have no deeper thought. It is not because the person next to me on the bus offers me small talk about the weather that I assume they have no life full of complex feelings, thoughts, relationships, challenges, and successes! It just means they are not exposing them all to a stranger right now.

To assume that isn't true is being rather superficial, don't you think?

Sorry man, you're gonna have to quit that $hit. Approach me like were actors in a real life impromptu play again and you're gonna regret it. Really, I mean it.

It is obvious you have misunderstood the quote by Shakespeare, and have some serious hostility issues.

Just shows that those vehicles for refering to a complex idea in less words are ineffective in people who have not already a grasp of the idea. Instead of threatening and going off into an irrational tirade, why not just ask what the speaker means by that and sit down to listen to a longer explanation? Ignorance is frustrating, but it can be healed.

new topics

top topics

join