It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noam Chomsky UN Speech Israel/Palestine.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milleresque
It is both hilarious and unsettling to see how easily a thread gets de-railed (whether purposefully or otherwise).

It was not de-railed. I addressed the OP. I did not go off topic. I did not start talking about something not in the OP, I specifically responded to the OP. Next time he should not post false information in the OP if he doesn't want it being responded to. I am not going to let one lie stand unchallenged because there are other parts to the OP.

Solution: Don't post lies. If you only want the video addressed don't post other things along with it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
It was actually rejected due to International Law terms under the UN Charter

More lies. It was rejected by Palestine as they wanted one state not two, with an Arab Majority in control and a Jewish Minority with no power. The Brits were afraid of Arab retribution and so they did not enforce the plan, it was debated. There would be no debate if it was illegal, it was 100% perfectly legal and even recognized by other countries.

This is what happened ....

The League demanded independence for Palestine as a “unitary” state, with an Arab majority and minority rights for the Jews.

The League’s Political Committee met in Sofar, Lebanon, on 16–19 September, and urged the Palestine Arabs to fight partition, which it called “aggression,” “without mercy.” The League promised them, in line with Bludan, assistance “in manpower, money and equipment” should the United Nations endorse partition.

The League vowed, in very general language, “to try to stymie the partition plan and prevent the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine.

SOURCE:
Benny Morris (2008). 1948: a history of the first Arab-Israeli war. Yale University Press. pp. 66, 67, 72

And don't for one minute try and convince me that Palestine could ever eradicate Israel, judging by the last campaign I'd say the opposite was true.

So then they did not start a war in 1948 to do just that? Sorry. THEY DID. FACT.

Stop lying, your lies will be met with truth every single time.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You're wrong:

Jewish representatives in Palestine (the Jewish Agency) accepted the plan tactically - though with reluctance - because it implied international recognition for their aims of establishing a state, but on lesser territory than they considered a legal and historical right to.

And that's from the BBC:

The Palestinians and Arabs felt that it was a deep injustice to ignore the rights of the majority of the population of Palestine. The Arab League and Palestinian institutions rejected the partition plan, and formed volunteer armies that infiltrated into Palestine beginning in December of 1947.

news.bbc.co.uk...

They didn't go to war to eradicate Israel, your delusions are without measure:

Exactly, watch the video I posted.

edit on -180002014-10-24T09:43:36-05:000000003631201436102014Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:43:36 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

You're wrong:

Jewish representatives in Palestine (the Jewish Agency) accepted the plan tactically - though with reluctance - because it implied international recognition for their aims of establishing a state, but on lesser territory than they considered a legal and historical right to.

And that's from the BBC:

The Palestinians and Arabs felt that it was a deep injustice to ignore the rights of the majority of the population of Palestine. The Arab League and Palestinian institutions rejected the partition plan, and formed volunteer armies that infiltrated into Palestine beginning in December of 1947.

news.bbc.co.uk...

They didn't go to war to eradicate Israel, your delusions are without measure:

Exactly, watch the video I posted.

You do realize you just posted a source that 100% confirmed what I said right?

Israel recognized the UN solution, and were willing to take less land than they originally wanted.

Palestine rejected the UN solution, they wanted to be in charge of the entire land have NO ISRAEL.

From your source ....

The territory of Palestine should be divided as follows:

A Jewish State covering 56.47% of Mandatory Palestine (excluding Jerusalem) with a population of 498,000 Jews and 325,000 Arabs;

The Jews were the MAJORITY, not the minority in the land they were supposed to get. Palestinians were the majority of the entire land, and wanted to rule the entire land with NO ISRAEL, exactly as I said.

Also from your source ...

The Arab League and Palestinian institutions rejected the partition plan, and formed volunteer armies

They formed armies and invaded Israel, exactly as I stated. Wow your lies are so blatant.

The day after the state of Israel was declared five Arab armies from Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq immediately invaded Israel but were repulsed, and the Israeli army crushed pockets of resistance.

Stop the lies. I will counter them with truth on every occasion.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Watched the video in the OP yet?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Willing to admit what you posted was false and apologize for it yet? You already cited a source that backed up my post and proved I was being honest. Are you willing to admit you were wrong?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Willing to admit what you posted was false and apologize for it yet? You already cited a source that backed up my post and proved I was being honest. Are you willing to admit you were wrong?

Your post wasn't 'backed up' because you said:

Palestinians were the majority of the entire land, and wanted to rule the entire land with NO ISRAEL

Nowhere in the BBC article does it say that, Palestine refused because it violated the principles of national self-determination in the UN Charter.

Watch the OP video and come back to discuss that

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Your post wasn't 'backed up' because you said:

Palestinians were the majority of the entire land, and wanted to rule the entire land with NO ISRAEL

Nowhere in the BBC article does it say that, Palestine refused because it violated the principles of national self-determination in the UN Charter.

Watch the OP video and come back to discuss that

Oh, maybe you can clarify, what land did the Palestinians offer Israel?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Wow! Just Wow!! At first I thought he was being ironic, a satirical piece, but then I realized he was actually serious! Where on earth did you dig up this douche?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Still no answer as to what land Palestinians were willing to give Israel? Because they were not willing to give any. They wanted the entirety of the land, with no Israel, at all. And they created armies and attacked to ensure that would happen. They lost the war, bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Still no answer as to what land Palestinians were willing to give Israel? Because they were not willing to give any. They wanted the entirety of the land, with no Israel, at all. And they created armies and attacked to ensure that would happen. They lost the war, bad.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Must suck you are proven wrong and refuse to answer simple questions. Keep posting sources that agree with me, it makes my job easier.

The Arab League and Palestinian institutions rejected the partition plan, and formed volunteer armies ... The day after the state of Israel was declared five Arab armies from Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq immediately invaded Israel

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Must suck you are proven wrong and refuse to answer simple questions. Keep posting sources that agree with me, it makes my job easier.

The Arab League and Palestinian institutions rejected the partition plan, and formed volunteer armies ... The day after the state of Israel was declared five Arab armies from Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq immediately invaded Israel

Your replies are almost border-line psychotic and besides, history is called such for a reason and there are many factors to include when discussing Isreal and Palestine. They all lead to where we are today with Israel still treating Palestines as though they have no human rights and STILL building illegal settlements on the occupied lands.

Now go watch the OP video and discuss it.
edit on -180002014-10-27T11:48:38-05:00u3831201438102014Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:48:38 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

What land did the Palestinians offer Israel before they invaded them? Why do you refuse to answer? Maybe because they offered them none, and your answer would prove my assertion correct. It must be difficult to have such a simple question that you can not answer for fear of admitting you have been believing, and propagating, an enormous lie.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

What land did the Palestinians offer Israel before they invaded them? Why do you refuse to answer? Maybe because they offered them none, and your answer would prove my assertion correct. It must be difficult to have such a simple question that you can not answer for fear of admitting you have been believing, and propagating, an enormous lie.

] The resolution recommended the creation of independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem

It wasn't a case of 'what land was offered' and Palestine certainly didn't invade Israel:

surrounding Arab states, Egypt, Transjordan, Iraq and Syria invaded what had just ceased to be Mandatory Palestine,[5] and immediately attacked Israeli forces and several Jewish settlements.[6] The conflict then turned into the 1948 Arab–Israeli War.

en.wikipedia.org...

Or would it be more accurate to say all Muslims are Palestinian to you?

Are you ready to discuss the OP video yet?

edit on -180002014-10-29T00:54:24-05:000000002431201424102014Wed, 29 Oct 2014 00:54:24 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Palestine rejected the dual state solution that Israel accepted. Palestinians declared war on Israel, supported by other Arab forces.

Here are the pieces you left out.

In the immediate aftermath of the General Assembly's vote on the Partition plan, the explosions of joy among the Jewish community were counterbalanced by the expression of discontent among the Arab community.

Jews wanted a 2 state solution, Palestinian Arabs wanted a 1 state solution with them in charge and NO ISRAELI STATE.

Palestinians attacked first.

The first casualties after the adoption of Resolution 181(II) by the General Assembly were passengers on a Jewish bus driving on the Coastal Plain near Kfar Sirkin on 30 November. An eight-man gang from Jaffa ambushed the bus killing five and wounding others. Half an hour later they ambushed a second bus, southbound from Hadera, killing two more. At other places, Arab snipers skirmished Jewish buses in Jerusalem and Haifa

Unlike the Palestinians who demanded ALL the land, Israel established a State on the land the UN agreed should be theirs. THEN the Arab armies attacked with the support of the Palestinian Arabs.

and with the Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel, the surrounding Arab states, Egypt, Transjordan, Iraq and Syria invaded what had just ceased to be Mandatory Palestine

You also forgot to mention the Arab army was commanded by a Nazi ally, Fawzi al-Qawuqji.

So again I ask. What land did the Palestinians offer Israel? Why do you refuse to answer such a simple question? Because the answer is NONE, they invaded to prevent any Israeli state, and they instead wanted a Jewish minority under their foot. Had Israel taken all of Palestine it would have been karmicly perfect.

Unlike the disgusting Palestinians, Israel honored the 2 state solution, but for almost 70 years Palestine has rejected it, rejected peace, and instead opted for violence and war.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Unlike the disgusting Palestinians, Israel honored the 2 state solution, but for almost 70 years Palestine has rejected it, rejected peace, and instead opted for violence and war.

Yeah ofc they did, a bunch of guys with homemade rockets invading a nuclear armed nation with a professionally trained army and full U.S. support? You are absurd.

"Disgusting Palestinians"? You are now showing your true colours

Watch the OP video, you may learn something.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Yeah ofc they did, a bunch of guys with homemade rockets invading a nuclear armed nation with a professionally trained army and full U.S. support? You are absurd.

"Disgusting Palestinians"? You are now showing your true colours

Watch the OP video, you may learn something.

So Israel was a nuclear armed nation in 1948? What professional trained army in 1948, what US support? Lies, upon lies, covered in more lies.

Palestinians rejected peace and instead began terrorist attacks and invaded Israel to destroy it and take all the land for themselves. They started the war, they did not want peace, they have never wanted peace. Israel rejoiced at the 2 state solution as Palestinians plotted to murder them and steal the land.

Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Lets wait and watch. Let them open ceasefire, then will see

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join