It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy realizes he's been using the toilet wrong his whole life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Domo1

Is this one cultural because it confuses me..err..well its kinda scary.

Actually, that looks like a Japanese Bidet. They have been making them more "tech" oriented for a decade or more now.

The modern toilet in Japan, in English sometimes called Super Toilet, and commonly known in Japanese as Washlet (ウォシュレット Woshuretto?) or as warm-water cleaning toilet seat (温水洗浄便座 onsui senjō benza?) is one of the most advanced types of toilet worldwide, showing a dazzling array of features.[5] The Toto product Washlet Zoe is listed in Guinness World Records as the world's most sophisticated toilet with seven functions. However, as the model was introduced in 1997, it is now likely to be inferior to the latest model by Toto Neorest.[22] The idea for the washlet came from abroad, and the first toilet seat with integrated bidet was produced in the United States in 1964. The age of the high-tech toilet in Japan started in 1980[6] with the introduction of the Washlet G Series by Toto, and since then the product name washlet has been used to refer to all types of Japanese high-tech toilets. As of 2002, almost half of all private homes in Japan have such a toilet, exceeding the number of households with a personal computer.[4][5] While the toilet looks like a Western-style toilet at first glance, there are numerous additional features—such as blow dryer, seat heating, massage options, water jet adjustments, automatic lid opening, automatic flushing, wireless control panel, room heating and air conditioning for the room—included either as part of the toilet or in the seat.[2] These features can be accessed by an (often wireless) control panel attached to the seat or mounted on a nearby wall.[2] Basic features

Wiki Japanese bidets (source)

You'll have to scroll down past the history lesson on toilets, then you will come to the current stuff. It's really fascinating how they have gone beyond just the basic.. There are pictures too.

If you really wanna gawk tho, here is the link to the manufacturer of the Japanese Bidet.

www.totousa.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I had a party at my place for a bunch of Koreans who were in the States to do a Tae Kwon Do exhibition.
I'm not sure if it was just one weirdo, or if it's a cultural thing. Someone sat on the pot backwards and copped a deuce.
There was a skid mark on the front edge of the seat. I just cleaned it up and didn't say anything.

HahAhahahaha iv seen this before and been like WTF!? Hahana loool

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

What the...?????

It's a toilet and bidet in one. All Japanese homes have them and have had them for 20 years. In the winter it also heats up the toilet seat so you don't have to sit on ice. There are two options for the water spray - male and female. Couldn't live without one to be honest.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

Actually, that looks like a Japanese Bidet. They have been making them more "tech" oriented for a decade or more now.

The modern toilet in Japan, in English sometimes called Super Toilet, and commonly known in Japanese as Washlet (ウォシュレット Woshuretto?) or as warm-water cleaning toilet seat (温水洗浄便座 onsui senjō benza?) is one of the most advanced types of toilet worldwide, showing a dazzling array of features.[5] The Toto product Washlet Zoe is listed in Guinness World Records as the world's most sophisticated toilet with seven functions. However, as the model was introduced in 1997, it is now likely to be inferior to the latest model by Toto Neorest.[22] The idea for the washlet came from abroad, and the first toilet seat with integrated bidet was produced in the United States in 1964. The age of the high-tech toilet in Japan started in 1980[6] with the introduction of the Washlet G Series by Toto, and since then the product name washlet has been used to refer to all types of Japanese high-tech toilets. As of 2002, almost half of all private homes in Japan have such a toilet, exceeding the number of households with a personal computer.[4][5] While the toilet looks like a Western-style toilet at first glance, there are numerous additional features—such as blow dryer, seat heating, massage options, water jet adjustments, automatic lid opening, automatic flushing, wireless control panel, room heating and air conditioning for the room—included either as part of the toilet or in the seat.[2] These features can be accessed by an (often wireless) control panel attached to the seat or mounted on a nearby wall.[2] Basic features

Wiki Japanese bidets (source)

You'll have to scroll down past the history lesson on toilets, then you will come to the current stuff. It's really fascinating how they have gone beyond just the basic.. There are pictures too.

If you really wanna gawk tho, here is the link to the manufacturer of the Japanese Bidet.

www.totousa.com...

Enjoy!

I arrived in Japan 16 years ago and they were already prevalent.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: schadenfreude

It does look like a joke but there seems to be a market for those things. That one is kind of scary but this one is terrifying. It has a freakin remote it would be great for gags but someone in another room thinking it was for the tTV could really ruin your day.

It's not really a remote. It's a control panel you attach to the wall next to the toilet. When you say "market" do you mean "installed in 50 million homes, appartments and buildings"? Yes, that's quite the market.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
normal people don't stand to wipe

What? I've done that my whole life.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
you made me think of the movie demolition man with stallone, when he is awaken 500 years in the future, and in the toilets there is no paper, no water, just 3 empty sea shells, on small one average and one big and he doesn't know what to do with it.

That part of the movie stills bugs me.
What on earth did they do with the seashells?!?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I for goodness sake!

To be absolutely fair, I blame the parents. There are not many things that a parent MUST teach a child, but how to use a grown up toilet correctly is most certainly one of them!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Same here.

However, I do like Sly's solution. He cursed at the no-cursing citation box until it provided him a sufficient amount of wiping material.

Dex

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

LOL Domo, great thread=) SnF.

OG

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

WHA?

Well he could use it the real proper way, which is to sit facing the back of the toilet so you have a little tray for your comic book and chocolate milk....

I knew a guy once, meat head, who would sit to pee. We caught him one drunk night when he left the door open. My buddy walked in and was like "oh sorry, didnt know you were taking a dump", to which this guy replied, "nope, just pissing.". We asked if he always does that and he said yes.....

He regretted that, forever. We laughed, and laughed and laughed....

Some people do the most absurd things sometimes.

Actually, some people will get mad if MEN dont sit and pee when visiting their house.
Standing to pee makes more a mess than sitting, obviously. So its not that unusual.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
FoosM, there.actually was an article about French people making men sit to pee not too long ago saying that it was a plan to feminize men... not sure I have an opinion on that. If you clean the bathroom you might also say sitting and peeing is cleaner too but how do you do that in the morning?

When I went to Korea and saw those asian urinal looking things on.the ground I had no idea what to do so I peed standing up and created a mess on my feet from splash back.

I'm not sure how the guys squat and pee or poop without falling over... then again I read that pooping while squatting is the best and healthiest way to void your bowels completely. At least that's what the commercials say.

Maybe we are doing it wrong...

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I for goodness sake!

To be absolutely fair, I blame the parents. There are not many things that a parent MUST teach a child, but how to use a grown up toilet correctly is most certainly one of them!
Was my first thought as well. Cannot fathom how else this happened.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
that reminds me off someone at a party who used the upper tank of the toilet and called it an "Upper Decker "

edit on 19-10-2014 by PsychicCroMag because: forgot beer mug

edit on 19-10-2014 by PsychicCroMag because: forgot beer mug

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Oh my God, dude, and you openly admit this!!?? Lmao. Bwahahaha. I'm sorry, but.... Bwahahahaha

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

I have seen some not so smart people in my life time but I find this story hard to believe.
Unfortunately, I don't find it "hard" to believe at all. Not anymore. I find it funny he would openly admit this though. Lol

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Wow...thats a whole trillion, zillion, billion, ka-zillion bacteria for a whole entire lifetime on one a-s...! Thats scarier than...I dont know WHAT! And then they got onto the inside and outside of clothing, sheets etc etc etc....

Im stunned at the math and implications here...everytime one went out, or had sex, or went to bed, or to someones else's house, building, events...whatever...that implies a whole TON of germs the whole time! From a whole ZILLION different people and what they...er...have.

Thats scary. Really. Still...I can understand if one did not know...but then again....one mustve seen those toilet-seat covers in resturants etc? What did one assume they were for???????

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Stand up wiper here! I was wondering if it was just me or women in general who don't stand up and wipe.... My wife caught me and said " why are you standing up and wiping like a caveman" I always assumed this is how it was done... I figured there has to be a split in the sexes because women spend most their time sitting on the toilet while men are used to standing up anyways.....

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logman

a reply to: schadenfreude

It does look like a joke but there seems to be a market for those things. That one is kind of scary but this one is terrifying. It has a freakin remote it would be great for gags but someone in another room thinking it was for the tTV could really ruin your day.

It's not really a remote. It's a control panel you attach to the wall next to the toilet. When you say "market" do you mean "installed in 50 million homes, appartments and buildings"? Yes, that's quite the market.

They aren't that expensive and it's something I've actually considered ordering for my own place, even if it has to be shipped half way around the world to get here.. nobody else would be allowed to use it. It would be my toilet! *growls*

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
mistake.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Plotus because: topic matter.... just too crappy to offer opinions on

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join