It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's sue the USA for false advertisement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I keep hearing about all of these wonderful constitutional rights we have as US citizens. These rights have been promised by our government. If a company can be sued for saying it gives you wings (obviously used metaphorically) Then why can't we sue the country for the same thing. Might get somewhere with this idea. They will probably just toss our lawyers in a free speech zone smack in the middle of whatever prison is close by.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Because the people of this country elected the idiots that are screwing it up.

I say the heck with sueing, let's clean house instead.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Whose lie is it anyway........

"Welcome to the United States of America, where your votes don't count and the constitution doesn't matter".

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Whose lie is it anyway........

"Welcome to the United States of America, where your votes don't count and the constitution doesn't matter".

The federal government of course! That's whose lie it is. I just believe it will be the only effective way to reestablish individual rights in this country. It's sad but I feel it's the only way.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

It happens all the time. An entire division of law known as constitutional law (something Obama is an expert at btw) deals with just this. The Supreme Court only hears cases that fall into this category. Lower courts hear these cases often.

Maybe you've heard of the ACLU? They're an advocacy group for people to sue the government over just this very type of thing.

new topics

top topics

join