It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Learns (Spooky Fest) entry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The four of them had worked their way down the street, hitting every house that had it's porch light on. They knew most of these houses gave out great candy. A lot of full sized candy bars, and some with a small bag full of bite sized sweets.

Dave was 15 and knew it would probably be His last time that He could get treats on Halloween. He was a rowdy type of teenager and could get into trouble without even trying! He was the self appointed leader of the group. Sometimes His pushy attitude would annoy the others, especially Andy.

Andy was only 11 so He knew He could get in a few more years at least of snagging the treats of the Holiday, and bragged about it to Dave, a lot! Of course it was only one way that Andy, and the others knew that it would push Dave's buttons. Andy was usualy a kind of quiet little guy, but liked to get Dave going by boasting about His young age. He was also a prankster, and with His usually quiet attitudes, the pranks would be totally unexpected from this kid! He had something up his sleeve tonight!

Amanda was 13. She was a sweet kid. She genuinely cared about the others, and usually everyone else She would meet.

Claire was a cute small framed 13 year old Girl who thought She should be on the cover of Vogue magazine. She was always getting the latest fashions, and showed off Her stuff quite a bit. The others were no longer annoyed by Her demeanor. They were used to it, as they all grew up with each other from a very young age.

There were only a few more houses on this street, so they continued down the sidewalk. The last house on the street, in the middle of the cauldesac, had never had on it's porch light for as long as most of them could remember. But tonight it had on the two porch lights.

Naturally they were all curious as to what kind of treats the owners of this house would give out! The house was tucked back from the street by a row of pine trees, so no one ever actually saw the house before. But the lights were so bright that it was fully visable tonight, through the branches of the tall growing trees. The full moon helped the view considerably as well.

Now at the edge of the lawn and the narrow sidewalk going up through the trees, to the mysterious house the kids had stopped and stood still in wonder. The house had vines that grew up the sides, mostly covering the front of the tall three story residence, that had a wrap around front porch. It had a tall narrow tower on one corner with a handrail going around it. Painted grey, the place really did look like a typical Halloween house one would see in a spooky painting. There were sheets of moss that hung from all the trees in the yard. And some small mounds that were bumped up all over the wide lawn. Graves?

"You guys, this place looks kind of creepy." Claire said.

"I hear that!" Andy says in reply.

"I'm not so sure about this you guys." Amanda said.

"Aww come on chickens! It's just made up that way for Halloween! This place has never had it's porch lights on, so we gotta go up there!!" Dave said to the wide eyed group.

Cautiously they made their way up the walk and through the trees. Now only a few yards from the porch, they once again stopped. All but Dave were visably shaken by the appearence of the house close up. Dave walked up the few steps and stood right in front of the door. Slowly the others came up to stand by their leader.

Dave rang the doorbell and as soon as He did that, the floor gave way and the four of them dropped down screaming, what seemed like a long way! They landed on what felt like a bunch of old clothes. The smell was a terrible rotten odor and they were all tangled up in the mess. The pile was probably eight feet deep! They pushed and pulled their way out of the clothes and ended up in a room that was lit by several candles. It was a very open room and most likely was the full size of the house. It was the basement they soon realized.

"Welcome!" Said a voice that filled the room.Everyone froze!

"Who said that?!" Dave said loudly.

"We did!!" Said several voices at once.

All of a sudden there was movement from every angle in front of the group of scared kids! Even Dave was a bit scared!
There were zombie like creatures that came out through the walls slowly staggered towards the gang. Arms extended out in front of them, with some who's head's were hanging down at awkward angles. Moaning and snarling the zombies came at the kids who were now looking for a way to escape this madness! There were so many of these creatures that the kids thought there may be no way to get out of there!

"Did you see the way they came right out of the walls?!" Dave said excitedly.
Claire and Amanda clung to each other in frozen terror and could not even reply.
Andy spoke up then with, "I did see that Dave! What do ya suppose that means?"

Then about 5 of the undead turned towards Dave, and had obvious intentions of getting to Him! Dave backed up and fell back onto the pile of clothes. He lay wide eyed in fright as the creatures came closer, step by step snarling and drooling with golden red eyes thet seemed to be lit by fire!

Dave was scared out of His mind!!

"HELP ME YOU GUYS!!!!" Dave screamed in terror!!

"STOP!!!" Yelled Andy. The zombies stood completely still. They all soon faded from view like a bank of fog that slowly dispersed!

The girls were now sobbing but slowly regained their composure. Still holding each other close they slowly broke their embrace.

"Gotchya Dave!" Andy said to his scared friend!
This house belongs to my Uncle and we set this all up for You! HA HA Ha Ha!!! He used some video and projectors for the effects! Quite convincing, eh? HA HA HA HA!!! I'm sorry Amanda and Claire for not letting You in on this beforehand. But I figured if I told You guys, it would not have worked the way it did!"

"I think it worked out fine Andy!" His Uncle said as He walked out from behind a couple of old chest of drawers.
"I believe You taught Dave a good lesson tonight! HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

"That You did. That You did." Said Dave as He stood up looking very foolish.
"Now, where is the bathroom? I need to change my pants."

edit on 17-10-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Love it!

Such a fun read, brings back memories of the good old days of trick-or-treating.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thanx Jenny! You caught My intention here.

Glad Ya liked it.

Syx.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hahaha! Good one!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I love me a haunted house in the woods! Kinda like my in-laws place I'm visiting
Sadly, there is no friendly uncle pranking me, the creaks, and webs are real!

Great fun thanks for contributing to our spookfest!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! I can always count on You reading my attempts. Glad ya liked it! Syx.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Zazz, Thanx for reading. I thought it would be fun to write this tame little tale. It was. Syx.

top topics

join