It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U boat alarm close to Stockholm Sweden.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Suspect underwater activity in the Stockholm archipelago

Headquarters
Armed Forces on Friday received the data on foreign submarine activity in the Stockholm archipelago. The data comes from a credible informant. The Armed Forces have decided to conduct an intelligence operation in the area.

- We have ships, aircraft and home guard personnel in the relevant field as an aid to analysis, which is now underway. The area is also highly trafficked and therefore it is important that we go out and tell about what we do, says Commander Jonas Wikström, Armed Forces' operational leaders.

U boat alarm close to Stockholm Sweden.

Cant find a Source that is written in English yet. Sorry the News article is in Swedish.

Swedens navy have been alerted and have been searching for traces of unknown under water Activity within its coastline just outside Stockholm. They have air crafts, sea wessels and the reserve forces looking for traces of Activity under water.

The information about the unknown foreign U boat was spotted by what the Swedish say is a truth worthy Source.

I dont have any more New about the progress conserning this event yet.

- In 1981 A Russian U boat U-137 got stranded in Gåsefjärden just outside Landskrona.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Translated article.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Whatever was the attraction in Sweden for Russian submarines? Were they using it as a practice run for US harbors?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Whatever was the attraction in Sweden for Russian submarines? Were they using it as a practice run for US harbors?

On Our news In NOrway they say that it might also be a NATO sub. But that is not confirmed since there is no more information about this event yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

A few more links....

www.submarinecablemap.com...#/landing-point/stockholm-sweden

[edit] ^^ this link I've not used before, I just thought it might be handy, someone on another forum linked it... May be of some use?

www.businessinsider.com...

news.sky.com...

Very odd.
edit on 17-10-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

On Our news In NOrway they say that it might also be a NATO sub. But that is not confirmed since there is no more information about this event yet.

Yes, but years ago there were repeated attempts, some successful, to infiltrate Swedish waters. They even had some kind of tracked underwater vehicle that left prints on the bottom that the Swedes took photos of, IIRC.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

A few more links....

www.submarinecablemap.com...#/landing-point/stockholm-sweden

[edit] ^^ this link I've not used before, I just thought it might be handy, someone on another forum linked it... May be of some use?

news.sky.com...

Very odd.

Funny? I didnt get any of these links when i did a search

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I read your link in it's original language not the translation, now I have a nose bleed.

Why would people be messing with the Sweds? What if it isn't Russian nor American but a USO?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Here is an article from sweden in english

edit on 17-10-2014 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I just used typed 'Sweden sub' then clicked on google news.... Not much there yet...

www.ctvnews.ca...

abcnews.go.com...

I'll update when I find more...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yes, but years ago there were repeated attempts, some successful, to infiltrate Swedish waters. They even had some kind of tracked underwater vehicle that left prints on the bottom that the Swedes took photos of, IIRC.

That is true. We had the same under water tracks leading to shore in northern Norway as well in 1992.

But non of it was ever resolved. We can not say if the tracks were from a Russian vehicle or a US. We know that the US have been lurking more than once along Our cost unannounced. But so have the Russians.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard

I just used typed 'Sweden sub' then clicked on google news.... Not much there yet...

www.ctvnews.ca...

abcnews.go.com...

I'll update when I find more...

Thanks for the help

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Keeping my beady eye on this one... Very odd.

No worries, I was just about to make a thread on the very subject and saw yours. Kudos.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I swear I read just the other day that (I thought Sweeden, maybe wrong) raised their terror alert level. I cant remember where I read it....anyone else read something like that recently?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I read your link in it's original language not the translation, now I have a nose bleed.

Why would people be messing with the Sweds? What if it isn't Russian nor American but a USO?

I dont know why anyone would mess With sweden. They to are probably playing covert games under the table?

I know they have very good subs and Technology to detct very sophisticated subs. Maybe its a test run. The Sub was first spotted by a person. Not Technology. What ever it is, it is very quiet because they have not found it yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This reminds me of the old hockey joke: "Did you hear about the Russian submarine hiding in Swedish waters? They just hid in the corner of the harbor because you know Swedes don't go into the corners."

It's a busy area. The Russians have been conducting underwater operations in Swedish waters regularly for the past 20 someodd years. This is mostly "news" only in light of the recent flight incursions (unless there is more sinister information yet to come).

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Okay, probably unrelated but according to some a Dutch sub was spotted by a ferry off Estonia today. Can someone translate?

www.iltasanomat.fi...

Similar(ish) territory...

imgur.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I dunno about it being a NATO sub, many of the links so far provided seem to have a few references to the fact the Russians seem to be obsessed with trying to punk the Sweds.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Edit never mind, better post below..
edit on 17-10-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here is a image of the location the search is taking Place "Kanholmsfjorden".

Not bad if the sub got all the way in there without being detected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join