It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Woman Can’t Be Diversity Officer Because She’s a White Man Now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JaxonRoberts

I find very sad that people will use gender to get what they are after, that is misleading, because they call themselves "transgender".

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Transgender is the state of one's gender identity or gender expression not matching one's assigned sex.

Seems this individual is the very definition of transgender, and as a member of the non-heteronormative community, an excellent candidate for any position promoting diversity. Your argument stems from that position that this does not conform to your world view.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense.....until the person puts "female" on the application and then "dude" just a bit later.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Like I say the word "Transgender" is an oxymoron.

Use for opportunistic reasons.

I understand very well that the women in question check the “female” box when applying to the Massachusetts all-women’s school, But her name is that of a male, then he introduced himself as a “masculine-of-center genderqueer” person named “Timothy”, then wanted to run for the school’s office of multicultural affairs coordinator, sorry perhaps I am old fashion but that sounds like pushing opportunism rather than the so call multiculturalism

It seems that is nothing but an agenda pushing.

But like I say maybe I misunderstood the meaning of "been transgender" here

Sorry but transgender is an oxymoron.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

How about you research what queer is. It's an umbrella term for alternative sexual orientations and gender identities. I actually know gay and transgender people. I know they aren't the same.

I have up on understanding it and just accept what people have decided on. I don't need to understand every facet of black culture to treat black people well. I try to treat all people well.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If only he/she was half black... Doesn't get any more diverse than that.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This is a problem as too many applications and such think of sex and gender as interchangeable terms, which they are not. Sex is binary. Gender would require several choices.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Makes perfect sense.....until the person puts "female" on the application and then "dude" just a bit later.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the part that prompted my first response, but I am old and I guess I obviously no very tolerant when it comes to stupidity this days, specially with people and agendas, of "transgender nature"

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Just because you think that is an oxymoron does not make it true, much like your signature. When 97% of the subject matter experts in a field disagree with you, your opinion is just that, an opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

How about you research what queer is. It's an umbrella term for alternative sexual orientations and gender identities.

Don't have to. It's part of my life. Keep calling a transgender "queer". Don't blame me when you get shanked.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

This is why I stick with non-heteronormative. Keeps the shanks holstered!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Perhaps, perhaps, this modern times, everybody have the right to call themselves anything they want, I guess, even if the names they classified themselves makes nonsense unless is an agenda behind them.

BTW your point of view is also an opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thanks for the credit, I figured it's a good point of view. Treating people as people is kinda what I try to do

Given up is a strong word. I was actually chatting with a really cool lesbian chick who is dating a trans guy and works with queer issues and such at a good friends birthday party like two weeks ago. I'm just saying that even as a gay man myself it's hard to understand some of this stuff.

I'm very mainstream overall so I act like any straight dude but happen to like guys. I'm incredibly open minded and of at least average intelligence and it's very hard to follow because I haven't had much experience with alternative sexual orientations and gender identities.

In other words, it's too much trouble for me to try and understand fully as even the people involved don't. It's a fledgling area of study and thought even for the actual people who are queer.

It's like trying to describe Christianity before the bible was written. It's not a concrete thing yet so is open to many interpretations. Even with the bible and centuries of established organizations it's still open to interpretation. I think there won't be any real facts on the "queer" issues for quite a long time.

In the meantime I just accept petiole at what they say. I make judgments often but do not act on them. For instance I met a trans girl who identified as a guy at Smith college once and kinda hated him for his actual personality (not his trans status) but still treated him with respect.

Bottom line people need to just be more accepting in general. We need to train ourselves to remember that everyone is merely human. You don't know people until you really know them.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

BTW your point of view is also an opinion.

Yes, but it is an informed and educated opinion, and it also happens to mirror the opinions of the subject matter experts in the field.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

"Queer is an umbrella term for sexual and gender minorities that are not heterosexual, or gender-binary. Originally meaning strange or peculiar, queer developed a usage as a pejorative term for homosexual in the late 19th century."

Definition that first popped up on Google. Sorry if I'm not up to date since this stuff changes constantly and arbitrarily.

Any recommendations on how to navigate the labeling minefield created by the people asking everyone else to respect them? Because I've been told that definition of queer by a transgender person.

PS - if you shank me for using the wrong term then I think that's your problem for being a violent sociopath rather than me for being uniformed to your personal preference on labels.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Definition that first popped up on Google.

Real life and Google are seldom similar.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I also base my point of view by experts too and history, that is what I am best at, I don't bite into manufacture data pay for by special interest.

Now let see if I got the "transgender" oxymoron right.

Well I just researched into the sex and gender, congruency,

Because obviously I am so old fashion that I need to learn about gender, so I can get into the gender mainstreaming, can not be gender blind, and have more gender awareness, because is so much gender sensibility, when it comes to gender equality and be careful when doing my gender analysis.

I finally got it.

What our world is coming to.

Let keep it simple Adam and Eve, how about that.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Let keep it simple Adam and Eve, how about that.

Fictional characters, hardly a reason to bottle peeps up in identities you can digest without a belly-ache.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Oh, sweetie you really do not know me very well, but that is ok, you get it one day, yeah . . . one day and then you may laugh or whatever...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Self-identity is the most important form of self-expression we have at our disposal as human beings. We are who we are and should never be ashamed to show it and live with it.

Labels are where we royally screw up this most basic of facts. Once labels are applied then those with labels feel a tribal need to insist that their labeled faction is somehow superior to all others. Then the endless debate begins and everyone loses because we get so lost looking at our differences that we totally miss our similarities.

Gay, straight, transgendered, black, white, conservative, liberal, religious, athiest, tall, short, fat, skinny.... NONE of those detract or add to the simple and only necessary label available....

Human being.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join