It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Woman Can’t Be Diversity Officer Because She’s a White Man Now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Not certain if this is the right forum and please move where appropriate, but if this isn't a case of political correct madness, I don't know what is.

Timothy Boatwright was born a girl, and checked off the “female” box when applying to the Massachusetts all-women’s school, according to an article in the New York Times. But when he got there, he introduced himself as a “masculine-of-center genderqueer” person named “Timothy” (the name he picked for himself) and asked them to use male pronouns when referring to him.

And, by all accounts, Boatwright felt welcome on campus — until the day he announced that he wanted to run for the school’s office of multicultural affairs coordinator, whose job is to promote a “culture of diversity” on campus.

Advertisement
But some students thought that allowing Boatwright to have the position would just perpetuate patriarchy. They were so opposed, in fact, that when the other three candidates (all women of color) dropped out, they started an anonymous Facebook campaign encouraging people not to vote at all to keep him from winning the position.

“I thought he’d do a perfectly fine job, but it just felt inappropriate to have a white man there,” the student behind the so-called “Campaign to Abstain” said.

“It’s not just about that position either,” the student added. “Having men in elected leadership positions undermines the idea of this being a place where women are the leaders.”

www.nationalr... eview.com/article/390425/students-transgender-woman-cant-be-diversity-officer-because-shes-white-man-now

So the transgender woman wanted to be treated just like a man and now is upset for being treated just like a man. I see the collision of two progressive "protected classes" here and see some real cognitive dissonance on the horizon.

Had she been born a white male, his application would have been rejected offhand with a firm "right on stop the heterocage" from the progressives.

Had she maintained her female status, she would have not been true to her "inner self."

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't, I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Eric Cartman would have the answer to this one.

Us cis-gingers have no clue.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wouldn't this person be the absolute picture of diversity....?

No wait.

Why would any woman want to become a white man. They are supposed to be exactly what is wrong with the world... according to those that espouse diversity.

These things could make your brain hurt.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Gotta love when Progressive doctrine bites it's own tail!

The more things like this happens the better for all of us.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The title of this thread made dr pepper come out my nose!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

"I thought he’d do a perfectly fine job, but it just felt inappropriate to have a white man there,” the student behind the so-called “Campaign to Abstain” said.

Hypocrisy and prejudice at it's best. Just the attitude to have for "diverse" culture leaders.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well this is a racist comment!

“I thought he’d do a perfectly fine job, but it just felt inappropriate to have a white man there,” the student behind the so-called “Campaign to Abstain” said.

Come on! Everyone knows white men can't be diversity officers. [/sarcasm]
edit on 17-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

i read all that and am now confused as hell, and also none of that can be unread.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Everyone else got the memo:
White men aren't part of any kind of "diversity"
Must be that white privilege at work again,
edit on 17-10-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Everyone else got the memo:
White men aren't part of any kind of "diversity"
Must be that white privilege at work again,

His must have gotten lost in the male mail since he checked the female mail box.
now im confused
O_o

But, at least it was a story without ebola somewhere...until now...dammit! Sorry.
edit on 17-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's not about the individual.
It's about the ideology.

The person must support the ideology but the ideology cares nothing about the person.

Welcome to the new world.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
All hail diversity!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's disgusting what people will do to other people.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What the heck! There is so much wrong with this story that I'm not even sure where to begin... A girl who believes she is a guy, misrepresents herself on an entrance application for an all girl's school, gets to school and "becomes" a guy then tries to run for a cultural diversity position and gets denied because of sexism against men? I think I'm going to quietly step out of this thread...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
These people are the reason we have the first affirmative action president. Qualifications are irrelevant as long as we are making the correct social statement.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

He just needs to come out as gay I think.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Eric Cartman would have the answer to this one.

Us cis-gingers have no clue.

I love the thought process by the progressives on this, the hypocrisy is fantastic....

"dont label anyone by their gender it creates bias"

"Were now going to call you CIS gender"

Really? so in the spirit of equality you place yet another label on someone? because me simply being a hetero sexual male isnt enough?

I have to be put into a certain "group" ?

The idiocy is mind boggling.....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's a girl's school. Should represent the girls. Sounds like dude want his cake and eat it too. On the upside he can join the Masons now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh this is hilarious.

Thank science for stuff like this.

This guy, should realize he's being treated exactly the way he wants to.

You now have white male privilege, you should check it at the door. I know as a former woman, that's hard to wrap your head around, but welcome to world of white men in the 21st century.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

He just needs to come out as gay I think.

now your calling her a fag??? how dare you!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join