It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

If it shows up it should be taken serious, if not it should not be taken "serious", wishing for it to show up so that we can see how serious it is doesn't make sense.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: XKrossX

Poetic isn't it? Vomiting ebola right on the doorstep of those who could have and should have prevented it from coming here, but wouldn't.

There was 0 chance for anyone to stop it from coming here. You can't fight mother nature, we live on her rock if she wants to spread a virus, the virus will spread

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We flew home from DC the other day and as soon as we landed and everyone was standing up on the plane my 8 year old son is like "I feel like I am going to throw up!" I started looking to see if they still put those little bags in the seat pockets and found one (they are so small). But he was able to hold it in. He ended up getting sick a couple hours later at the house but I was thinking if he had done it on the plane would people's first thought have been Ebola? Would they have checked him out? His only problem was eating lunch at the airport... (bad chicken?)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It is being detailed on the local CBS network.

Pentagon police called Arlington County Fire Department to the scene after they found a woman ill and vomiting in the South Parking Lot around 9:10 a.m.

Source

I think CNN is not yet on site.

So long . . . and thanks for all the fish!

Bishop

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Luckily, one can't get it on a bus.
According to CDC Director Frieden.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Atlantic5

His only problem was eating lunch at the airport... (bad chicken?)

They tell people in Africa to not eat bush meat.

Airport food is probably one stop up from that.

Guess he is OK now, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XKrossX

We are going to be seeing a lot of these "possible Ebola" cases now that the cold and flu season is arriving. People are panicked, any sneeze or upset stomach is going to cause paranoia.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Am I mistaken, or is the general sentiment expressed here that ATSers want the federal government to clamp down on their freedoms? Ebola is very real and extremely fatal, but it is not as communicable as the fear mongers want you to believe. Travel advisories are all that is needed here. People should be free to evaluate risks on their own.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Now that same bus, carrying Marines, has been quarantined outside their barracks.

breakingnews.com - @NBCNEWS
edit on 17-10-2014 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I sure hope they clean up the vomit in a timely manner! Didn't they leave Duncan's puke for a while before they halfbutt cleaned it up? My kids and I had a stomach bug this week and I vomited a huge pile in my driveway Wednesday night. When I went to clean it up Thursday morning, IT WAS GONE! Some animal had eaten every last drop! I wonder if something ate Duncan's puke too!?

edit on 17-10-2014 by tothehilt because: Autocorrect sucks

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Luckily, one can't get it on a bus.
According to CDC Director Frieden.

there so full of # and think were all so stupid butcher it pisses me off..

link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: DJW001
People should be free to evaluate risks on their own.

You'd think so but take a look at Ebola Nurse #2 - Amber. She was evaluating her own situation and she screwed it up badly by going on a week long shopping trip while sick. And take a look at the other health care worker who was supposed to be on self quarantine but is instead on a cruise ship in Central America. I am all for less government involvement but it looks like some of these people are making the wrong decisions and it effects us all.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well a good chunk of ATS would love to see one man get the ebola, using the in jest, and I am sure you can figure out who that is.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Don't you think Obama and his ilk will have been injected long ago with the real vaccination ?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

His only problem was eating lunch at the airport... (bad chicken?)

They tell people in Africa to not eat bush meat.

Airport food is probably one stop up from that.

Guess he is OK now, right?

Yep - He was fine the next morning. I did take his temp out of curiosity but it was fine. That's the problem, vomiting can be for many different reasons.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: DJW001

Well a good chunk of ATS would love to see one man get the ebola, using the in jest, and I am sure you can figure out who that is.

There are actually a couple of additional ones on MY list....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
originally posted by: DJW001

Ebola is very real and extremely fatal, but it is not as communicable as the fear mongers want you to believe. Travel advisories are all that is needed here. People should be free to evaluate risks on their own.

Tell that to the over 8,000 people worldwide that currently are infected with Ebola. It is not fear-mongering. There is enough data to gather the statistics.

Since December 2013, this strain has been doubling its infection population every 25 days. Many people say that that is just due to the health conditions and practices of the people of West Africa where the majority of the population currently resides. Maybe . . .

They also said that it would never replicate that fast if it got to the US because of our health system. However, we have gone from 1 case to 3 confirmed cases in the US in less than a month. To top it off, the medical professionals who we would expect to have common sense and limit there travel so as to limit the potential exposure of this virus have, in fact, flown on a plane and booked a cruise. Not too bright if you ask me.

I do not see that as fear-mongering. It's just looking at the facts as they are today. Plain and Simple.

So long . . . and thanks for all the fish.

Bishop

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

It is not just the vomiting that causes panic. It is the travel history.

I am sure many people still vomit in public every day without causing a panic.

But every one who has been in Africa - we will be hearing about for a while. That is unless ebola starts getting passed around within the states, then... every single person who looks sick is going to be shunned.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anyone happen to see this.......

If someone is up to the task ~~~~~ This may need a thread of it's own.

U.S. Soldiers Get Just Four Hours of Ebola Training

Soldiers preparing for deployment to West Africa are given just four hours of Ebola-related training before leaving to combat the epidemic.

A team of two can train as many as 50 personnel over that four-hour time frame, USAMRIID told The Daily Beast. The training includes hands-on instruction on how to put on, remove, and decontaminate personal protective equipment, followed by a practical test to ensure that soldiers understand the procedures.

The training process sounds daunting: One USA Today report described soldiers being told that Ebola “basically causes your body to eat itself from the inside out” and that Ebola is “worse” than what soldiers encountered in Afghanistan. Others reportedly heard that the disease is “catastrophic” and “frightening… with a high fatality rate,” though the chances of contracting it are low.

“I’ll be honest with you,” one soldier told the newspaper. “I’m kind of scared.”

source[
edit on 17-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Travel advisories are all that is needed here. People should be free to evaluate risks on their own.

People are demonstrating that they will endanger others while exercising their freedom. That's not right.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join