It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Announces High Sensitivity Sensor for Automotive Applications (could have other applications)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hi All

Some new sensor technology from SONY this may be for automotive use but it could have many applications and other uses imagine your camera phone with this or a DSLR camera.

It may also provide answers to all the youtube night time ufo videos.

New Sony Sensor

From above link.

The new sensor is capable of capturing high-resolution color images in light conditions as low as 0.005 lux, a level equivalent to that of a moonless night and one that is far below illumination levels under a star-filled night sky

Image from sensor in that light level.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
sounds kinda cool
i dabble in photography, just for hobby reasons really.
And something like this could turn in handy.
but as for helping with the ufo pictures, videos...with all that noise in the image, it will just make things worse.
but for sure we will have a new flood of "possible ghost caught on camera"pictures

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If you read the article, it seems like they are laying the groundwork for a visual navigation system, in maybe a driverless car? I don't know why I get that, but that is what makes sense when you tie in the other sensors such as distance, velocity and such. It is basically, in my mind a unified system instead of compartmentalized a la google driverless cars.

UFO shots ? sure

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
sounds kinda cool
i dabble in photography, just for hobby reasons really.
And something like this could turn in handy.
but as for helping with the ufo pictures, videos...with all that noise in the image, it will just make things worse.
but for sure we will have a new flood of "possible ghost caught on camera"pictures

The noise is due to the light level being very low, the light level would be a lot higher in most night videos I to dabble in photography as a hobby for the last 35 years now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
If you read the article, it seems like they are laying the groundwork for a visual navigation system, in maybe a driverless car? I don't know why I get that, but that is what makes sense when you tie in the other sensors such as distance, velocity and such. It is basically, in my mind a unified system instead of compartmentalized a la google driverless cars.

UFO shots ? sure

The technology will be adapted at the moment Sony has the best camera for night video/photography the Sony A7 S

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Someone will bid this out for color NV goggles. 4 years ago this would have got you a million bucks from SOCOM.

top topics

join