It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO riddle as mystery 'craft' appears to watch astronauts on International Space Station

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted yet or not

This intriguing footage captured by NASA shows a 'UFO' hovering near the International Space Station as two astronauts conduct a spacewalk.

Link

interesting, is it something on the camera lens, reflection, or maybe real. up for debate

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

is it something on the camera lens, reflection,

As the camera is behind a window it is probably a reflection from inside, or a reflection of a part of the space station from outside.
The movement of the station as you can see against the Earth in the background is changing the light, so as it moves the reflection is becoming more visible but still transparent.

Here is another example, reflections start at 4 min. mark.

Or this.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
It's an old booster rocket from the Apollo Space Program. In other words, SPACE JUNK.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico
It's an old booster rocket from the Apollo Space Program. In other words, SPACE JUNK.

the boosters from that era fell back to earth

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Enhanced..

Looks like a sun glare to me
Or partial cloaked craft

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

It may be space junk, but it certainly is NOT from Apollo. The orbit would have degraded LONG ago on anything of decent size from an Apollo mission.

Consider MIR and the fact that it came down after what, less than 20 years of use?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Looks like a smudge on glass...maybe on the lense or on a window that this was filmed through perhaps.

The transparency of the object is what makes me think this. Same thing if you take your finger and make a mark on your car window. When light hits it, it'll be a shiny, or almost an opaque looking smudge...but when you move your head and the light is now angled differently, it will be almost like there is no smudge there.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Pathology
a reply to: Mianeye

Why do you think this was recorded from inside?
And, why are all such "images" a reflection on a window? How many "windows" does the ISS have?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418

And, why are all such "images" a reflection on a window?

Because they've been seen before from this camera and are known reflections.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What really bothers me is that kids with go-pros and helium balloons get clearer images of space. Interesting vid though.
Fire

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks man...

I get very tired of the same ole "debunk" about reflections, etc. However, in this case that is very clear. Thank you...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well now...

It seems that this event made the "news", an article n MSN. Which actually made me take another look at the video and the whole idea of "reflections" in images and vides from ISS.

A better version of the video... from NASA

Y'all should take notice to the frames between:
1:00 - 1:15
1:26 - 1:34
1:50 - 1:54

You will notice that these segments are all taken from the same camera. You should also notice that in the first bit, there is nothing visible, and in the second the object isn't too visible yet, However by 1:50 it has become visible.

We have been assuming that this is a reflection, the problem is that a reflection from this camera isn't possible. The camera is outside ISS and mounted in a fixed position along the main truss

When Gortex pointed out in his video that these were reflections, I was ready to accept that explanation...unfortunately, while the video he posted clearly (I think) shows a reflection, I believe it was taken from the inside and thus by a wholly different camera.

Reflections typically require a surface to "reflect" off of, and in this case that surface simply is not present.

There are also other issues here;
1) the angle of the view when the object appears is clearly NOT from inside.
2) The windows available on ISS are rather few. Thee is the cupola, which provides a very nice view. And then there are a number of smaller round (portholes) in one of the Russian modules. None of the windows can provide the view in the video as they are positioned wrong.

In short, where they are working is not visible from inside, except through externally mounted cameras.

The idea of a smudge is also off the table since we can clearly see that the object isn't there, and then seconds later it is.

Just thought this a bit more interesting than originally thought.

edit on 24-10-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Reflection of some sort. If it was something external I would find it surprising to be in synchronicity with ISS as it doesn't appear to move.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Reflection of some sort. If it was something external I would find it surprising to be in synchronicity with ISS as it doesn't appear to move.

If it is a reflection...How is it reflecting, and off of what?

As I explained there is no surface for anything to "reflect" off of. The Camera is external to ISS.

Why would "synchronicity" surprise you? That happen all the time with terrestrial space craft visiting ISS...kind of required for docking.

No, y'all gonna have to show much more than opinion on this since reality kind of wants to contradict your ideas.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

If it is a reflection...How is it reflecting, and off of what?

As I explained there is no surface for anything to "reflect" off of. The Camera is external to ISS.

Why would "synchronicity" surprise you? That happen all the time with terrestrial space craft visiting ISS...kind of required for docking.

No, y'all gonna have to show much more than opinion on this since reality kind of wants to contradict your ideas.

The reflection could be from inside the camera/lens due to a bright light source from outside of it.

I guess the synchronicity surprises me because I would expect a little variance from a distance alien spacecraft, especially one that looks so smudgey. But those aliens probably are so technically advanced that they can pull that off, so I shouldn't be surprised at all.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The reflection could be from inside the camera/lens due to a bright light source from outside of it.

I guess the synchronicity surprises me because I would expect a little variance from a distance alien spacecraft, especially one that looks so smudgey. But those aliens probably are so technically advanced that they can pull that off, so I shouldn't be surprised at all.

I thought about the internal lens reflection. The problem there is that seconds before, the "object" isn't there (see at 1:00 - 1:15 and 1:26 - 1:34), and there is no apparent change in the lighting. Although, ISS is traveling into daylight, so I would think that the light may be changing, However, the time period is very small...on the order of less than a minute, and close to 30 sec.

Technical advancement of ET would have little to do with the stability ,and lack of relative motion. Random chance could do that with two stable orbits. After all ISS isn't tumbling trough space...it is n a fairly stable orbit. ET would also be in a stable position. And, I should think that chance would favor the stability.

Also, the nature of the cameras; these are presumably for observation within the area of ISS, thus the cameras are likely not very elaborate in regards to lenses. Thus the lens is very likely a fixed focal length, and therefore a very simple lens assembly...not unlike a "webcam". Also, considering the age, probably not very high resolution either.

Thing is; the reflection / object isn't visible at all 20 seconds earlier.

edit on 24-10-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join