It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the love of God please make an EBOLA Forum.... Just for Ebola crap...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It is a good idea, all the info would be in one spot and easier too go back too info you may have read days earlier and only have one place to look, still going too pop up in reent topics though & lets face it its a hot topic right now.

This might sound strange but Im starting to automatically read words like Earth as Ebola now because i am seeing it sooo much lately! I wonder how many times the word Ebola has been mentioned on ATS?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This request comes up every time a huge story breaks and has as long as I've been surfing and participating on ATS. In fact before I went on haitus last year there were dozens of requests to create a Sandy Hook forum and a whole lot of people who were furious because one never got created.

Repurposing a forum is a pretty difficult task from SkepticOverlords POV. He has to go through a LOT of work to either empty out a slow forum and all of its contents ( which then illicits cries of censorship ) and even more work to create a whole new one from plain cloth.

Ebola will dominate the news for however long it is a story - thus it will also dominate the alternative sites as well. But, eventually the story will burn out, there will be a short period of peace, as it were, and then some new story will explode and there will be threads calling for THAT story to have it's own forum.

Nature of the beast and all.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Chefspicy
Just throw it in LoL , whether or not its going to wipe us out is irrelavent. Im tired of the members on here flipping out over everything ebola. It is dangerous but I bet we lose more ATS members to the flu this year from ebola in the next 5 , lol.

To Heffcide : do you think theyd let us have an isis forum? Al quida had shelf life and we never got one for them dont want the same to happen w/ ISIS it breaks my heart that we'd not have a place specifically to discuss them.
edit on 17-10-2014 by reeferdonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Could folks just not post about ebola if it has already been covered because its getting ridiculous. If there is actually some new info or a totally new interesting line of thought,,then awesome, but we dont need 50 ebola threads a day about nothing!

You're absolutely right , nothing to see on the ebola front !

cruise ship not allowed to dock in Belize...healthcare worker on board isolating self....possible ebola patient

Nurse Vinson may have been contagious on both plane rides...up to 900 people to be found and contacted

my source: All over the frickin' news !!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

All the new Threads will still show up on the 'new' threads link!

It is the main topic of the day and will be seeing lots of Threads on it. I've made a few myself. What to do? I don't know, short of you not visiting the site for a Month or 2.

I'm one of those who wants to see the latest news on EB. So I don't mind.

Admittedly though, a lot of Threads being made could easily just go into one of the other threads. Like I mentioned in one Thread but it didn't get much notice as it soon slid out of range! But there was a thread entitled something like 'all possible cases to post here' something like that...
edit on CDTFri, 17 Oct 2014 08:03:13 -05000000003108x113x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
Even better:

Make a forum for the "Current Topic of Insanity" or "Current Mainstream Mania" because there will always be another one.

A forum titled "Crap No One Will Shut Up About Just Yet" would work best. It encompasses many topics that have a tendency to explode all over the place in the forums. Or maybe just "Current Annoying Topics". IDK, both work for me for categorization.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's seriously the most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced on this site.

The amount of BS and panic in multiples of the 812766e4521 posts around Ebola is astounding.
It's literally people saying the same thing over and over just changing the words a bit..

"Ebola is the Russians"
"It's fake"
"its agenda 21"

I don't get it and I feel like the domain name here should change to allebola247

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Ebola threads are already in the Diseases and Pandemics forum.
It's the correct forum. No need for another one.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: reeferdonkey
do you think theyd let us have an isis forum?

Isis is discussed in the War on Terrorism forum.
That's the correct forum for them. No need for their own forum ..

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I was about to jump on the bandwagon for this then I remembered H1N1. And Y2K. You are spot on. This will pass and the ignorant hyper-spaz reactions will go with it. Just not soon enough.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There's always going to be a 'flavor of the month' topic that generates a lot of attention on sites like this.
Ride it out as always, and stick to topics that interest you.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Haha, yup. Ebola/ISIS (I've labeled this latest faze ebolisis) is the flavor of the month. Next month: Hezbollah.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hear, hear .. and there.

When will this be over?

edit on 18-10-2014 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

There are at least 4 threads maybe 5 right now -
every one of them has a commonality -
in every single suspected case, the individual was on board of or attempting to board public transportation.
people would notice similarities like this sooner if they were all right next to each other in their own topic forum.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

Or maybe just a feature like a filter with keywords when you log on?

Great idea, IMO.

A filter / topic aggregator would be great. Put the word in- and out pops all the threads on that topic- grouped in the list by forum category (is that the right term?) - Conspiracies / Diseases and Pandemics / US Politics - etc... Search does this in a basic way. Info on the threads grouped each forum category - sorted by date, with info on when the last post was done and by whom.... Well it's on my ATS wishlist.

This would be good for any hot topic that may decide to show it's ugly head, now or in the future.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just thought of another nice feature to go along with the previous post....

If possible, have a way to exclude topics in the search results.

It would be cool if the search can have a checkbox to select 'search thread titles only' or 'search message body'.

Thanks for reading this and for your esteemed consideration.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why? There is one, its called "Diseases and Pandemic." The subject of Ebola will be pushed aside by the media soon enough and replaced by other headlines. I don't believe everyone would even post in the correct location and the amount of threads already posted about Ebola is too many to sort through. Although, I do believe a filter would be great!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join