It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 48 million Americans live in poverty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So around a quarter of the population of the USA live in poverty!

Here in Glasgow, apparently, 51% of our population live below the poverty line!

Such a wonderful world eh?

edit on 17-10-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Capitalism is great for everyone.

Personal responsibility ya know!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

"Personal responsibility ya know!"

I would argue that any politician holding office in the UK has a "Personal Responsibility" to abolish Food Banks!

Poverty is seldom personal these days, as for responsibility, simply follow the money!

"let justice be done though the heavens fall"- William Murray.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Those poor people in Africa need to get some real job skills and start at the bottom in manufacturing plants.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It all comes down to perception again. I think I wrote this very same thing in another thread but I guess I will type it again.

People in this generation, and from my generation have the same perception when it comes to arithmetic, or any job that requires mathematics:

en.wikipedia.org...

They picture a calculator....

At least most people in my age group can picture themselves being tied down to a calculator for most things... or staring endlessly at black and white screens talking about fixing parse errors.

They don't find it interesting, or fun.

When it comes to engineers?

Most of us picture ourselves being put in a factory putting together cars or other machines. Then trying to repair them without actually creating something new.

So once again it is our perception of these jobs that keeps us from getting degree's in those fields.

Another problem is how people deal with problems in their cars. they just buy buy and buy new parts. They aren't interested in fixing their cars anymore. They would much rather just buy a replacement part and not have to deal with any more BS.

That is why most of our kids are not interested in it at all. They are more interested in creating, playing, and modeling stuff for video games.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Over 48 million Americans live in poverty,

Yes, but have those lazy, uneducated and entitled plebs considered getting a 5th job to pull themselves out of poverty?

I didn't think so, its the poor's fault that they are poor.

*Smokes cigar and swirls expensive bourbon on solid gold throne rested upon the broken souls of america*
edit on 21-10-2014 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article I already mentioned in another thread :

All The Wealth The Middle Class Accumulated After 1940 Is Gone

I'm no American citizen it's hard for me to comment on the topic. But I have the feeling the social disparities are getting deeper and deeper here as well in Europe despite our theoretically enforced social system.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join