It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snohomish County shooting spree targets police, sergeant injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Wanted to add that Snohomish county is in WA state nearish to Seattle.

A shooting spree stretched across three Snohomish County cities Wednesday evening.
A sergeant from the Marysville Police Department and the suspect were both injured during an exchange of gunfire.
It is not clear if the sergeant was shot or injured by debris. He was treated at an area hospital and released. The sergeant is a 19-year veteran with the department.
The suspect remains hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries. The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said he will be charged with assault and drive-by shooting.
Police said they still don't know the motive for the shooting spree but are investigating whether it could be tied to a domestic indicent.

What a freaking jackass. I suppose at the end of the day things certainly went better than expected. No one is dead, the injuries appear minor and the guy got caught.

I just can't imagine someone being such an idiot. Driving around shooting at police stations because you're pissed about a domestic violence issue is absurd.

The guy put so many lives at risk. An errant round could have killed anyone unlucky enough to be in this fools vicinity.

n Marysville, police officers spotted the suspect vehicle on 64th Ave NE around 10:10 p.m.
The suspect stopped the vehicle and shots were fired. Then the suspect got back into the truck and drove west on 67th Ave NE. The suspect slowed the truck and more shots were fired between officers and the suspect near Grove Elementary School.
The suspect continued just east of the intersection of 51st Ave NE and Grove St where he stopped the vehicle.
More shots were fired back-and-forth between the suspect and officers.

It's a little troubling to me that the cops weren't able to stop him in one of the first engagements.

So the main reason I'm posting this is to get member feedback on what the appropriate response from the police should have been. I first heard this on the radio and some of the comments indicated people were upset that the cops fired back. That seems... sort of reasonable but also silly. If someone is brazen enough to be driving around shooting at cops and police stations, just breaking off and letting him go seems, well, stupid.

Link
edit on 1620141020141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

i am not a huge fan of cops but really if you are going to round shooting at them you are fair game to be shot and killed....and how and why they could take this guy down after the first incident is mind boggling.....seems to me police should go to target practice for 1 hour everyday...this might in turn give them more confidence with their weapon and might reduce some of the retarted shootings we have all been witnessing lately and just maybe they will hit the desired target with the first shot and not the tenth

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Damn I live a couple miles away, glad that didn't get worse.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: safetymeeting

Yeah same here.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Violence + violence = more violence

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I used to live in Marysville for a short time. Ive lived all over Sno Co. Now Im south king county. I think I liked it better up north. Last time I had a run in with the Marysville police I was 17 and they told my 16 year old girlfriend to never come back to that city ever again. She was mouthing off and wouldn't listen to me when I told her to chill.

Anyway, yeah, I'm glad this situation mentioned in the op did not become an international incident. Thats the last thing we need in our neck of the Evergreen woods!

new topics

top topics

join