It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Actual Death of Wolverine (SPOILERS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Is anyone else shocked on how Marvel killed off Wolverine? SPOILER ALERT! So Wolverine finds out Dr. Cornelius is behind Wolverine's rogues gallery going after him. Cornelius wants to steal his healing powers from him to give them to his new test subjects who he's coating their skeleton with adamantium... just like Wolverine. When Cornelius finds out Wolverine's healing is gone, he orders a henchman to kill him. In his last act of heroism, Wolverine breaks the container holding all the liquified adamantium, which then covers him and starts to cool ultimately leading to his death.

So he wasn't killed by Sabretooth, or a bad infection (like how issue 1 was hinting at). Anyone enjoy the story? I did overall. I just don't know how the X-Men will find out about it since he was all alone and didn't tell anyone where he's going. But they're already starting to grieve, so I guess they know somehow. Maybe Rachel Grey picked something up.... Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Comic book heroes die all the time, and are reborn in new tellings of the series. So I don't think its that shocking when one doesn't make it out alive. The most "shocking" in the history I suppose is the Death of Superman, and more appropriately, the "rebirth" when we had four different super mans who were just plain weird.

That was a monumental event in comics, and Im not sure if it was because no one ever expected Superman to die, or because of the piss poor rebirth, it made hordes of people lose interest in the genre/niche.

I still remember the day my dad brought home "The Death of Superman" and I opened the black bag as soon as I could. He didn't look happy.

Jokes on him though, even today it's only worth $30, USD. I remember when they were going for $100-$200.
edit on 16-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

Where should I look in your link to see this?

I haven't read comics in years I bet there are online sites like with maga. I just haven't found them.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

I remember wolverine getting killed a while back. Manegto ripped him apart. he wiil be back again. Was a good comic series though.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Weak...

And I cringe every single day at Marvel's announcements. Secret wars, Planet Hulk, Civil War, the Years of Future Present, Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies, etc...

I have given up on the House of Ideas until they quit trying to be a DC multiverse that has no continuity or reason...

Maybe it's a good thing Logan isn't around to see the stuff floating above the drain...
edit on 16-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thank you, OP for letting me save four bucks.

After original sin, which besides the fact they ruined the original Nick Fury I thought was all right, I thought they may be back on track. Then Thorgirl, FalconCap, and the Rainbow Avengers come to Buena Vista owned daytime tv...

Star Wars fans...

Your property is next...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Weak...

And I cringe every single day at Marvel's announcements. Secret wars, Planet Hulk, Civil War, the Years of Future Present, Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies, etc...

I have given up on the House of Ideas until they quit trying to be a DC multiverse that has no continuity or reason...

Maybe it's a good thing Logan isn't around to see the stuff floating above the drain...

thats funny considering they are the ones who made the first successful multiverse with the avengers characters.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wolverine will be back for one reason, to outsell the comic that he died in.

It makes money plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Weak...

thats funny considering they are the ones who made the first successful multiverse with the avengers characters.

I'm starring your comment.
it's true.

I could see this multiverse/timeline confusion rip coming two years ago...it stank. All New X-Men, who were the old X-Men brought forward...

After they brought back Captain Marvel to be a prison warden in the first Civil War I had to see...luckily, he chose death.

Scared for the FF, though. The book is being discontinued and I think it is because of movie rights. No one will go see it anyway. The last two barely made back the money.

Hopefully, Franklin Richards can set it all straight once the movie rights go back to The House of Mouse.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's a mini-series, Wolverine's death in it probably means nothing. It's just another writer throwing their hat at the subject. As it's already pointed out Wolverine has died before in other works but still alive. Exiles killed off a multiverse of Wolverines without any consequences

The biggest tell it's not permanent is the upcoming title Origin 2. It's pretty pointless to explore the history of a character when you killed him off. Second Wolverine has been carrying the X-men comics (appearing in all X-titles while appearing in his own series) for decades

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Why can't he heal from this? I've seen him heal from much worse. Maybe they're gonna bring him back again? He's a huge part of the X-Men franchise, I doubt they'll get rid of him for long.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Heh, I had to go research this when I found out this was how they "killed" him. When I was a kid I loved Wolverine but I pretty much stopped reading the book a LONG time ago when they ripped out his adamantium. Then for a while, he didn't have a nose. Then they gave him the name James Howlett and made up this backstory to his past I was never really into (though I can see why some people like it). I yearn for the days when Wolverine was some chain smoking berserker with a forgotten past.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
HA! A superhero dying in the comics? More like he's just on a break until Marvel wants to make money off him again.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Weak...

right now they are in a cluster because they had their big event secret wars which had the universe end but it has been delayed like crazy, supposed to be done by now but now will not be done till January and ALREADY they have new #1 issues coming out that are set after the end of secret wars spoiling the ending. ridiculous

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
HA! A superhero dying in the comics? More like he's just on a break until Marvel wants to make money off him again.
looks like they didn't bring him back alive yet but they did bring the old man logan from a different universe into the regular one. so they brought him back but he stays dead . . . kind of interesting if for once a major character stays dead. Jean Grey is also technically still dead although they brought a jean from the past to the present.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

Hasn't Jean Grey died a few times in the comics?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: HorusChrist

Hasn't Jean Grey died a few times in the comics?
ya twice, at end of dark phoenix story in the 80s, should have stayed dead but they brought her back, this was really the first big death before even superman. Then she died again in 2000 by Grant Morrisons great story where Xorn was really Magneto and she has stayed dead which is a breath of fresh air lol. I feel bad wanting someone to stay dead but these are fictional characters, I just prefer it, it is my opinion, I like my comic books to have real consequences to death, that makes them more interesting to me, yes I understand it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

new topics

top topics

join