It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltimore teacher gets into physical fight with student, threatens to kill her.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
gawker.com...

I tried to link from WBAL but I couldn't get it to work so had to use a story from gawker.

Make sure you watch the video all the way to the end because there are two separate angles included.

The second angle actually shows this teacher grabbing her by the hair and slamming her head into a locker!!!!

From what I gathered from the story, there was a verbal altercation that then, resulted in the student throwing a book at the teacher. The teacher then goes off the rails and starts attacking her. It's pretty crazy.

WTH is wrong with people?

First off, the student showed a blatant disrespect by throwing the book at her teacher. Some kids these days just show no respect towards adults these days. But, as the adult, this teacher should have tried harder to keep a level head and well....be the damn adult!

The thing I also found disturbing about this video is the fact that it was students trying to break up the fight. The guy in the grey sweatshirt was acting more "adult" than the teacher.

Hey, at least this isn't another doom and gloom ebola thread, am I right? I had to take a break from that topic for awhile.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"She maybe threw a book at the teacher." I think she clearly did throw a notebook or something at the teacher. The teacher did not react as I'm sure everyone would hope for: by walking away. Clearly she needs to have a career change. Teenagers can be very difficult, and it sounds like this girl has some problems with fighting. Though I do hope the family reprimands her. She needs to learn she can't resolve everything by throwing notebooks.

I don't think the teacher acted her best. It'd be interesting to know the actual verbal exchange that led up to it. But still no one could pay me enough to deal with groups of teenagers on a daily basis. Those of you who are teachers with class and patience certainly get my respect.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am happy that I am not a teacher and you cannot pay me any amount to deal with these insane students.

And I do not think the teacher should walk away if a student throws something at a teacher. The only way to get respect on both sides is to enforce self control for all who are at high school. If they have no self control (both student and teachers) throw them out. Self control is taught in all interactions so the parents of this child should also look in the mirror for their failure of raising that girl.

edit on 16-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Soobaz

Oh, she absolutely threw a book or notebook at the teacher. It's very obvious in the video from the second angle.

I couldn't teach teenagers. No Way! My patience level is more at an elementary school age. lol

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Hate to say it if that was me and I got nailed with a book, I would react the same way. You do realize you can cause permanent damage with a book right?

Now, I would not of been in that position in the first place. It is not worth it getting into verbal arguments with anyone, too much work.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Not where I grew up. Grade 7, student KO's teacher. In all fairness at the time Campbell River was know as one of the nastiest places in Canada.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yeah, I'm thinking that rather than slamming her head into a locker she should have reported her to the principle and had her disciplined accordingly.

Detention, suspension, whatever is deemed appropriate.

Seems like people are just losing their damn minds.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azdraik
Hate to say it if that was me and I got nailed with a book, I would react the same way. You do realize you can cause permanent damage with a book right?

Now, I would not of been in that position in the first place. It is not worth it getting into verbal arguments with anyone, too much work.

In the video it looks more like a notebook. ( not that it makes it any better, she still threw it).

I have a good bit of patience but, it would take every bit of it to tolerate that behavior. I wouldn't slam her head against a locker but, I can see myself saying a few choice words.

I'm like you, I avoid conflict as much as possible. Probably why I've become a hermit.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I looked again at the video.

Threw a book at the teacher and have been involved in previous fights.

You send the best child you have to school. Now she may be a problem child/Maybe a good child. But you send the best you have. You do not expect nobody to fight her like that.

I am amazed at the relatives hypocrisy in this video. The mother clearly know by the way she speak that the student is a problem child and are blaming the teacher for their own lack of teaching her self control saying she has done the best she can with her.
edit on 16-10-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Not where I grew up. Grade 7, student KO's teacher. In all fairness at the time Campbell River was know as one of the nastiest places in Canada.

Well I'm glad you survived that hell hole. sheesh.

I have a son in the 7th grade and I can't imagine him knocking out a teacher. If he did, he'd probably end up being sent to military school.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
She should be fired immediately.

I once had a student come at me with a shiv. All I did was restrain him.

Teachers are supposed to be the moral high ground. Squaring up with a kid is just stupid.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I am happy that I am not a teacher and you cannot pay me any amount to deal with these insane students.

Me either. I have a 14 year old granddaughter I live with. She's actually a pretty good kid -- but the mouth and attitude is ridiculous.

I was just thinking the other day, the "Good Old Days" is pretty much selective memory --- but, I do miss the Respect.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Everybody has a button...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I'm curious, aside from firing the teacher should they also send the kid to a different school? Where I live there are schools specifically for those who cause a lot of fighting or get into a lot of trouble. If they shape up and do better then they go back to the main school and a lot of kids do once they've hit that point.

They're still taught the same things, but the rules are stricter such as with clothing and absences.

I actually don't know if such schools are common.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soobaz

I'm curious, aside from firing the teacher should they also send the kid to a different school? Where I live there are schools specifically for those who cause a lot of fighting or get into a lot of trouble. If they shape up and do better then they go back to the main school and a lot of kids do once they've hit that point.

They're still taught the same things, but the rules are stricter such as with clothing and absences.

The child should be suspended at minimum, probably expelled for assaulting a teacher with the book.

There are alternatives for kids who have been expelled, and they can sometimes earn their way back.

Either way, NEITHER of the behaviors here should be tolerated.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soobaz

I'll have to look into further a little later (time to cook dinner) but, I have a feeling that she was already attending one of those type of schools.

There was something about the name of the school that stuck out to me. I was my younger brother's guardian for several years and he attended the same type of school you are talking about.

Probably why it stuck out to me.

I'll post anything I can find once I get the family fed and into bed.
edit on 16-10-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I Use to live in Baltimore and if you are not from there you really cant say to much on how this teacher acted. Parts of Baltimore is a no mans land if you dont live there these kids dont even like you to point your finger in the wrong direction.
If you point and they think you are pointing at them they will f you up.The teacher did exactly what I would have done if she threw a book or notebook at me. Until you live near these kids and see how they are in the streets with their peers you will understand why the teacher did what she did.
But I give you a Star for effort, but Its survival there and if your dog aint big enough they will spit all over you. reminds me of the movie the substitute.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I can only say that I know how my mother would have dealt with it had it been one of us kids. First,she would have beaten us within an inch of our lives for disrespecting the teacher like that. If we had an issue with her we should have calmly stated our case and come home to tell our mother what happened and let her decide what to do about it. Secondly,she would have drug us up to the school the next day to YES apologize to the teacher swearing to never do something that stupid and disrespectful again. And that would be the worst part of all. Thing is,it would never have got that far to begin with because we had been taught from the get go,that agree or disagree with an adult that had power over us,we were to treat them with respect no matter what,even if we didn't agree with what they were saying. We left any fighting up to our mother to do when she came up to the school.

This is a big problem you see in society now with the teenagers. They haven't been taught to respect those in authority from the time they are little,so they think nothing of challenging authority when they are teens and feeling their oats so to speak. Then they get shot by a cop for thinking they are a bad ass or end up in jail. Because the law is used to dealing with bad ass people and has a 'special' place for them. Its called prison. Time for parents to wake up and realize they need to raise their kids to act like little adults when dealing with adults so they don't do stupid things.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

on top of getting hear head slammed, she is continuing to be disciplined appropriately.
she is charged with assault. so apparently the cops don't think the teacher did any thing wrong.
the school maybe not, the teacher was placed on leave.

A Baltimore teacher was placed on administrative leave and a 17-year-old student was charged with assault after the two brawled in the hallway of Carter Vocational Technical School last Friday.

and as far as threatening to kill her, i wouldn't put much stock in that. i've heard people say that during fights all during my teens and early adult life, no one was ever killed. people say sh@@ to puff during fights that's no biggie.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I work in a secondary school (High School) in the UK, and there is a rule here that goes unspoken, basically no matter how bad the kid is they DO NOT GET THROWN OUT! Its really the unwritten rule. I've seen some horrible kids, just a few weeks ago a fourteen year old girl was in a classroom and started to chat Pedophile at a teacher, who'd been working there for about twenty years, she tried to get the class to copy her and chant with her, and the TEACHER was suspended while they investigate the claim even though the entire class said that she was doing to course a problem after he said that she failed a test.

apparently she shouted something like 'You only didn't mark it right because I said no to you, Pedophile' and started shouting it.

Schools have been like this for a while, they wont throw the kids out no matter what they do. Oh the teacher was found innocent recently but then suddenly he came out that he was going to retire five years early - There is a rumour going around that the school governors gave him the option of either retiring or being fired but no one knows for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join