It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wave of attacks in Baghdad kill at least 150 - video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Islamic State (Isis) militants target the Iraqi capital Baghdad with a wave of devastating car bombs and mortar attacks, killing at least 150 people since Sunday. Four car bombs hit Shia districts of Baghdad on Thursday afternoon, killing at least 36 people and wounding 98. The latest attacks follow a series of dramatic advances in Iraq by Isis fighters

Very dramatic indeed. Looks like the pressure is pushing ISIL to advance into Baghdad. They definitely want our embassy. Good luck to them though, it's a fortress that is heavily guarded.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wish people would stop referring to them as "Islamic State" this only acknowledges their cry for an illegitimate caliphate. Fuel to the fire so to speak not to mention there isn't one ounce of Islam in them.
edit on 16-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

That's their name, what would you call them?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Rats

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MGaddafi
I wish people would stop referring to them as "Islamic State" this only acknowledges their cry for an illegitimate caliphate. Fuel to the fire so to speak not to mention there isn't one ounce of Islam in them.

They possess lands and cities and peoples, they are a State and they are Islamic in faith as they proclaim to be. In fact they are more Islamic than any other Islamic peoples on earth, because they are emulating the exact example set by Mohammad by waging a militant insurgency and forcibly converting peoples or cutting their heads off. All the so called moderates of the Islamic faiths are just breeding grounds for recruitment tucked away safely in the security of civilized nations.

That is exactly how this is playing out.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Even though Muhammad said "there must be no compulsion in faith"...

You really are ignorant...
I say that because you've been told this several times and still speak utter lies!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Islamic countries are calling them DAESH!

It's short hand for an arabic saying meaning "bigots who force people against their will"...

I just call them IS, if I spell it out I put Islamic in inverted commas!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It doesn't seem that dramatic to me. Thankfully I've never had to personally endure such, well, hardships but everything i just read in the quote has been the same stories engrained into my psyche for the better part of 15 years. Thus far our attempts to liberate Iraq has only caused it to spiral into more depravity which can easily be argued by design.

Interesting, the strongest nation in the world being bested by "rag-tag" militias after trillions of dollars, countless tonnage of blood and oil and the best drones money can buy.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

They possess lands and cities and peoples, they are a State and they are Islamic in faith as they proclaim to be. In fact they are more Islamic than any other Islamic peoples on earth, because they are emulating the exact example set by Mohammad by waging a militant insurgency and forcibly converting peoples or cutting their heads off. All the so called moderates of the Islamic faiths are just breeding grounds for recruitment tucked away safely in the security of civilized nations.

That is exactly how this is playing out.

ISIS are not Muslims. Ignorant propaganda.

By your logic, any Muslims fighting against ISIS are not genuine practicing Muslims, laughable.
You seem to want to convince others really bad with your flawed ideas.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

I'm glad to see people using what god has gifted them their brain.

Isis also has no practicing Ulemah or scholars. How could it even begin to call itself a caliphate is beyond me. With a self proclaimed sheik ? This is against Islam as it greatest.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Even though Muhammad said "there must be no compulsion in faith"...

You really are ignorant...
I say that because you've been told this several times and still speak utter lies!!!

47:4- “Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), strike off their heads; at length; then when you have made wide Slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”: thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens.”

Look in the mirror for ignorance, none found this way.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Please don't take peoples actions as what Muhammed taught. That's only interpretation.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Please don't take peoples actions as what Muhammed taught. That's only interpretation.

Not only did he teach it, he lived it. He waged an insurgency war, committed genocide and gave gifts to those who brought him heads. Nothing peaceful about the mans life, he was a warlord and a successful one.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I guess you don't know that when Muhhamed conquered Mecca he told all the captives that they were free and to not be persecuted for their strife against him. Or did you over look this ?

And after Muhammed waged jihad he said that the lesser jihad was over and time for greater jihad had begun the war being waged against the evil on ones soul was greater jihad. Or was this over looked to ?

Also once a funeral precession passed Muhammed and he stood in respect. His followers said to him "that man is a Jew"
Muhammed said to him "but he is human is he not" ? He said this and showed utmost respect to his "enemies"

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I guess you don't know that when Muhhamed conquered Mecca he told all the captives that they were free and to not be persecuted for their strife against him. Or did you over look this ?

And after Muhhamed waged jihad he said that the lesser jihad was over and time for greater jihad had begun the war being waged against the evil on ones soul was greater jihad. Or was this over looked to.

About as much as all the beheadings he was responsible for that you overlooked.
Maybe Islamic State hopes to emulate that part of his life after they subjugate everybody they don't kill just as Mohammad did.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You state assumption and thoughts. I try to keep it in fact what Muhammad taught not how these blasphemers bend and twist it's image which what you seem to be talking about.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You state assumption and thoughts. I try to keep it in fact what Muhammad taught not how these blasphemers bend and twist it's image which what you seem to be talking about.

Do you think Mohammad conquered those lands and peoples with smiles and kind sayings? Those came after they were his worshippers and slaves. He used insurgency warfare, vast intelligence networks and assassins, bribery from looting and pillaging and finally a modern standing army for its day.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

He was a leader of his peoples and no my friend his army's never looted the conquered.

He was a caravan leader a business owner for a living. He only took part in battles when absolutely necessary. He accepted all forms of peace treaties that brought humiliation to him for accepting. But he knew peace was first above war at any cost.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

He was a leader of his peoples and no my friend his army's never looted the conquered.

LOL

where's that pic with all the Star Trek actors doing the group facepalm everyone tosses around here......

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

So this is a statement implying your correct ? Who told you these things you say ?

<<   2 >>

join