It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief Accuses Secret Service Of Misconduct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This news is out of Nashville, TN. It appears something that SHOULD have made headlines but is being overshadowed by ISIS and Ebola.

New Channel 5 link Article + Video

From the article:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville's police chief is raising stunning new allegations regarding the U.S. Secret Service, saying local agents once asked his officers to fake a warrant.

Even more disturbing, Chief Steve Anderson said he complained to top Secret Service officials in Washington, and they did not seem to care.

The allegations regarding the January 2013 incident are contained in a letter that Anderson sent last week to several members of the House Committee on Oversight. That's the congressional committee that has spearheaded the on-going investigation into the Secret Service. Secret Service Director Julia Pierson was recently forced to resign as a result of that scandal.

Video from YouTube:

The gist of what happened:
1. SS Agents investigate a man for posting things on Facebook about Obama
2. The man won't let them in his home
3. Agents call 911 claiming the man possibly had a gun and request backup
4. Nashville police arrive and citizen asks to see the warrant
5. SS Agents ask one of the Nashville officers to pretend to have a warrant and wave a piece of paper to trick the man

Luckily the Nashville officers said "no" and left the scene. Now, let's all carry on with the distraction that ISIS and Ebola were meant to cause the nation so other news gets swept under the rug.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So, we finally have evidence of a "good" cop, and unfortunately all of his complaints are going to fall on deaf ears.
That is a shame.
If I was him, I would be worried about backlash from the SS. Especially with nothing happening to them so far over this.

And I agree, this should be in the MSM.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I always find it disconcerting when a federal officer needs local law enforcement to do the "dirty work".

this is right up there with the feds using administrative warrants in lieu of criminal warrants. At least this agency said no and reported it. If anything the SS agents should be investigated for potential civil rights violations.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Geez, your reply just made me think "Ok, so this officer actually said no, but how many have gone along with them in past?"

Yikes.

join