It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Great White Shark Caught in Russian Far East

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

That's a big shark, its 5m not 3.

Your all tough and condescending in front of your keyboard, but i bet you'd crap your pants being close to it.

How often are they caught in that area?

The article says it was found tangled in the nets, maybe it was already dead or on deaths door?

Hell with that... 4m Great Whites are pretty common here in Summer and we're the Shark Capital of the world.

a 5m great white is a beast!

PS - when those things are full of water they bloat and are freakishly huge.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

If it really is 5 meters it is a big shark, my friend recently tagged the biggest great white shark ever tagged in Australia. That was just over 5 meters, but 1.6 tonnes.

It all depends on the validity of the measurements.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If it was caught in a net, it was dead or near dead. sharks have to keep water moving over their gills to live. In fact, that's how a lot of sharks die, due to nets and getting caught in them.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yea, what could a super hero who turns into water and another super hero who can turn into any animal (including marine life) possibly do to a race of water dwelling humans.....

And how dare you bring the Super Friends into this!
edit on 23-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Mrs.Peony

Also, if these fishermen weren't wealthy, their net represents a substantial investment and their livelihood. A shark that size can do massive damage to it, and by asking them to cut it, you're asking them to potentially sacrifice money they may not have.

These sharks are being hunted down to extinction. These people should start cultivating instead of killing the poor beast, it would be easier than hunting down the animal. In fact, each minute more than 50 sharks are killed. Sad reality.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Anyone justifying the killing of this "by-catch" is not evolving mentally or spiritually.
I've surfed with them plenty of times, I have no doubt. Sometimes you seen them, but most often not.
If they want you, they'll get you..... Have you seen the shark cage footage of the way they just materialise out of the gloom in front of the cameraman in the cage? They are masters of camouflage and attack and the ocean is their domain, not ours.
When your number's up, these things will swim past poodles, children and fish just to get you. It's a one in a billion chance that you can only avoid by staying out of the ocean.

But then you'd probably be hit by a bus.

We've fished out their food supplies and as apex predators ourselves, I think their extinction and the lessons not learned from it will be rued as we careen towards the extinction of our own species and the destruction of this beautiful planet.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Human nature is to kill/command/own every resource because WE are the apex predator and that drive is what allowed us to survive and become so. Distasteful? To some, but that biological programing cannot be erased as is evident in how we treat our own kind and our planet's resources. That is who and what we are and will never change.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well like has been said, are you sticking your arm out there to cut the net? Once it's in the net it's very difficult to free. I suppose they could have dragged it on deck and attempted to not get eviscerated while they cleared the net.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex
Human nature is to kill/command/own every resource because WE are the apex predator and that drive is what allowed us to survive and become so. Distasteful? To some, but that biological programing cannot be erased as is evident in how we treat our own kind and our planet's resources. That is who and what we are and will never change.

The fact that we can recognise this "trait" and the fact that we do actually possess free will means we can change it. The psychopaths calling the shots are the ones who feel no guilt and shame over our collective treatment of the planet and all that live on her.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
Anyone justifying the killing of this "by-catch" is not evolving mentally or spiritually.
I've surfed with them plenty of times, I have no doubt. Sometimes you seen them, but most often not.
If they want you, they'll get you..... Have you seen the shark cage footage of the way they just materialise out of the gloom in front of the cameraman in the cage? They are masters of camouflage and attack and the ocean is their domain, not ours.
When your number's up, these things will swim past poodles, children and fish just to get you. It's a one in a billion chance that you can only avoid by staying out of the ocean.

But then you'd probably be hit by a bus.

We've fished out their food supplies and as apex predators ourselves, I think their extinction and the lessons not learned from it will be rued as we careen towards the extinction of our own species and the destruction of this beautiful planet.

No " DOH'S " anywhere near this statement Homer J......you are a head hitter of nails in my opinion. + 1 !!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join