It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Centers for Everything But Disease Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
michellemalkin.com...

At $7 billion, the Centers for Disease Control 2014 budget is nearly 200 percent bigger now than it was in 2000. Those evil, stingy Republicans actually approved CDC funding increases in January larger than what President Obama requested.

so what are they doing with it?

Mandatory motorcycle helmet laws. CDC Director Dr. Thomas Frieden appoints a 15-member “Community Preventive Services Task Force” to promote pet Nanny State projects. An obscure Obamacare rule–Section 4003(b)(1)–stealthily increased the task force’s authority to study “any policies, programs, processes or activities designed to affect or otherwise affecting health at the population level.” Last year, the meddling panel extended the agency’s reach into transportation safety with a call to impose a federal universal motorcycle helmet law on the country. Is riding a Harley a disease? Why is this the CDC’s business? Video games and TV violence. At Obama’s behest, in the wake of high-profile school shootings, the CDC scored $10 million last year to study violent video games and media images, as well as to assess “existing strategies for preventing gun violence and identifying the most pressing research questions, with the greatest potential public health impact.” Whatever that means. Why is this the CDC’s business?

are we gonna get accountability sometime soon? i doubt it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

that's just a couple of things being done read the rest , it's unbelieveable.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well, that actually explains a lot.

They are just too busy, to handle an actual disease.

Absolutely ridiculous, but not unexpected, for our government.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

yeah, i'm guessing playing video games is some type of disease?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It is unbelievable, but maybe that's the plan, make this sh*t so unbelievable that the mass actually don't believe it and will continue on wondering what mylie cyrus is sticking up her ar*e on stage. The people who they have failed and continue to fail are those who are the victims of their incompetence.

Its not hard they just have to focus all of one brain cell on the task at hand instead of dipping their fingers in other peoples cookie jars. And knowing them those finger will be that of someone with Ebola.

shock....disbelief.....anger....whats next?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I would think it would fall more as an addiction, which would make it a mental health issue.
That would be another agencies department.

Good grief.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

but they want to keep track of social norms , that's an important disease.

“Social norming” in the schools. The CDC has funded studies and campaigns “promoting positive community norms” and “safe, stable, nurturing relationships (SSNRs)” in homes and schools. It’s the mother of all government values clarifications programs. So bad attitudes are now a disease.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Did anyone see the article yesterday that Mark Zuckerburg gave the CDC $25 million to help with Ebola? I'm on my cell, but will add a link when I get home.

I don't think lack of funds can be used as an excuse for their incompetency.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

yeah i did , but he ain't the only one...

the CDC has its own private funding pipeline in the form of “Friends of CDC,” an Atlanta-based group of deep-pocketed corporations, now including ATT, Costco, General Motors, Google, IBM and Microsoft. To date, the entity has raised some $400 million to support the CDC’s work

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

S & F for your brilliant title alone.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

thanks, but it's not mine it's the title of the OP @ the site.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's like I said - They never actually believed it would come here, and now that it has, they have to find some reason why they weren't prepared for it. So they flail around looking for any excuse they can think of, and it wouldn't surprise me if someone made a call and said, "Psst! Campaign issues ..." So they come out blaming lack of money. It has always worked before with everything else.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Maybe the public will wake up and take their heads out of their KFC bargain buckets and realise our future is being slowly taken from us. We will be seen as the disease, we aren't fit to parent our children, to feed ourselves correctly and to do what you are told.

I think the CDC should check if they stand for change definition of credibility?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

yeah well, we gave them an inch and they ran off with a mile, so..

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
And let's be honest, it used to be that government positions were lousy pay, but you were reliably taken care of for life in your retirement.

Now, you are a class above if you have a government bureaucracy job even though the work ethic and results of most people in those jobs are sub-par.

As my husband says from experience, in a private sector lab where he works, the success of the workers and the lab is measured in the efficiency of getting out product. That doesn't mean they can cut corners because the product has to meet standards, but they still have to work with a high volume of tests in a day at a very high level of accuracy in order to meet production demands.

In a government lab, they schedule their day around a number of tests. They say they are only going to do three tests in the morning, and that's it. It won't matter how many other tests they might have waiting. They're doing the tests on their time. They don't have to meet any production demands or schedules, and they get paid on average 1/3 more than their private counterparts do for doing less work.

top topics

join